My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Facebook is probably one of the biggest CDNs out there right now, the amount of streaming they do is ridiiiiiiculous, serious compression needed. It is absolutely not a storage platform yet, back up your stuff with something like Crashplan

The problem is, it's streaming. I was doing it live, so I just couldn't have a high-res backup. This time I just recorded footage, slapped a vanity plate on it and uploaded it to Youtube in 720p instead.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Derby for work.

In order to get here in time for work I was obliged to leave my house at 0400hrs.

At 0800hrs this morning I received a text asking me to call my boss as soon as possible.

Now, instead of staying here tonight and driving back to Kent tomorrow I have a different itinerary.

I will be leaving here tomorrow morning and driving to Glasgow.  On Wednesday I will be delivering training in Glasgow.  Thursday I will be driving from Glasgow back to Kent.

Brill.

Yep, daft, isn't it?

Always a good idea to change your locks when you move in anyway.

There were about 10 spare keys in my house when we bought it, as the last occupier was infirm.

About 3 months later, a neighbour called round with another as he had it 'for emergencies'.

Always change the locks!

Quick question. Would you change the locks on a new build?

If yes, why?

No.

New build.  If they want in they can just kick a hole in the wall.

What I would do, to save money in that situation, is change the lock barrels front to back and bolt the back door from the inside.

Anyone involved in the build who has keys will likely try the front door key, find it doesn't work, assume you changed the locks and kick a hole in the wall.

*edit*

How long has the time signature on the forum been wrong? The clocks don't go back until the 29th of October.

Tell me it has been like that for 5 months.

No idea what arniesairsoft time is, I'm not on a computer...

My current rant. Several times today. Why is it that when you're just driving like a good boy, and some *fruitcage* *wheelbarrow* performs a *wheelbarrow* move like blocking your lane to get out of a garage to go the opposite way from you on the carriageway, or really chops a blind corner on the wrong side of the 'white line' and you give a beep and a gesture that implies you disapprove of their manner, you get beeped back? And also abuse?

They were in the wrong, knew it, and still give you *suitcase*.

Boils my like nothing else. As I have said prciously, I need a lawgiver...

It's ridiculously cold down here.

I mean, what the *fruitcage*. Climate change, killer heatwaves in the Middle East, monster hurricanes ravaging the southern US, and we get what? Cold. Just cold.

And let me guess, we'll have a week of sub-zero temperatures come winter, then just *suitcasey* mud until April.

Archived