MP5SD-The beauty of the shhhhhh.

Thanks man. I think they are supposed to be the same, but from where the lugs are and the proportional distance between them it looks just way too short to me. I've never had a standard MP5, for some strange reason, and I can't stick them side-by-side to check!

Thing is though, I really want a rail that covers the front sight as well where I've cut it off, and also extends all the way to the back to cover right up to the stock cap. I'll get precise dimensions when that sliding stock arrives, and then I guess I'll be a-knocking on Mr. Ledpocket's inbox :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NItro rail for the regular MP5 will be the right length to cover the body & cocking tube, but not the front sight. the Nitro rails come with a replacement front sight that has that last bit of rail for it, but those won't fit the SD, so you're kind of SOL on that.

Your best bet would be to get the MC-51 one and cut it down. It won't be secure at the front end, and I honestly have no experience with them, so I don't even know if it's necessary, but it should fit from head to toe.

It'll be either the MC51 cut down or the MP5. Almost certainly the MP5 one in fact and I'll see about cutting the frontpiece down to somhow fit the SD, if it all possible....

A pic or three of how it looks with the new sliding stock, which will all be painted. Or should I paint the buttplate and arms of it and leave the endcap black?

000_1803.jpg

000_1806.jpg

000_1807.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Looks to me like the G&G SD GARS. I say more pics. :D

As requested sorry it took so long. Cameras been out with a focus problem for a while.

p10102406ey.jpg

p10102375qa.jpg

p10102301az.jpg

As you can see added a G&P aimpoint replica, ICS low mount and went back to the original silencer.

Also added in an MC51 tightbore, it's now much more accurate.

Cheers Catch v22, I am now getting the Nitro Vo./First MP5 rail and spraying it tan, like the sliding stock now is as well. Take a look at my blog for pictures of the gun with the stock sprayed and fitted if you wanna see it (shamelessly plugging much? :P:D )

With that rail painted & running parellel to the painted stock just below it, I reckon thats all that needs doing. Just have to change the colour of the painted parts to a very, very dark blue and it'll be finished externally...

• 1 month later...
What's Brügger & Thomet about the new CA MP5's then? Is it just the trades, or do they have different handguards (or even an attempt to replicate the shiny Teflon finish :blink:  )?

Just interested really :)

Hilts.

The biggest difference is that the hop-up adjustment is located behind the bolt cover and can be accessed by pulling the charging handle. The other advantage is that each CA B&T MP5 has a unique serial number.

The biggest difference is that the hop-up adjustment is located behind the bolt cover and can be accessed by pulling the charging handle.

That sounds cool B) - I assume before then that the CA's had a little lever on the side? If I'd have known, I would have got one rather than an ICS - I like bits that have a function.

The other advantage is that each CA B&T MP5 has a unique serial number.

I'm sure it is an advantage - I just don't see how :blink: (I suppose it helps if you loose yours in a pile of other MP5's :lol: )

H.

p.s. sorry to go a bit OT - I'd post some pics of my ICS SD3 but i'm sure you all know what a bog standard AEG looks like :D . Just waiting to fit an RDS and a tac-light.

• 2 weeks later...

heres a teaser for what will be come monday night :

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

MP5SD-R300 or something.

picking up the ICS endcap on sunday, then its just a case of fitting the cap to the stock. sorry abotu my phone pics, couldnt find my camera. :huh:

woah didnt realise my camera pics were that big. hang on.

Edited by screamin_weasel
  • 9 months later...