Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with glass beading does the metal still end up going dull after a time? Or will it remain "fresh bling-bling" all year round? :P

I sanded one of my outer barrels down once and it needed to be brasso'd (a metal polish) every month or two.

cheers

with glass beading does the metal still end up going dull after a time? Or will it remain "fresh bling-bling" all year round? :P

I sanded one of my outer barrels down once and it needed to be brasso'd (a metal polish) every month or two.

cheers

Ah yeah I know what you mean, the glass bead polish is awesome because it does not fade or tarnish like that at all

Edited by ViciousV10s
Bet that costs a pretty penny to fire up that puppy just for a slide...

It's just blowing glass beads with compressed air...

Once youve got the equipment the only things that cost money when you use it are the beads, which you use over and over until there's too much debris mixed in it from blasting stuff, and the electricity it costs to turn the air compressor on for an hour or so. Not more than 2 dollars a slide I figure...if that much

Generally to complete a slide it should only take an hour, and an hour of my time aint worth much.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Im having a problem with my KSC G18c w/metal slide. I think people in this thread can help me.

When I fill up my mags with gas, and cock it to shoot, I then pull the trigger and either one of the two happens:

1.) the trigger locks back as its not cocked.

or

2.) it cycles a few cm back and gas slowley leaks out.

These happen when I pull the trigger of course. My gun was working yesterday too.

please help. Thanks.

couple questions for you then...first, how old is the gun? second, does the magazine have any play when inserted into the gun? it could be that your magazine catch is worn and it's not holding the mag up high enough to make a good seal with the blowback chamber...that's the exact problem i had. to pass the good karma around, i can send you an extra mag catch if you think it'll help

There is.

Badger mini sandblasting kit, £30, then all you need is a air source for it and you're away :D

Very tempted to get one myself, but i dont have enough stuff to blast to justify getting one.... =(

Could you give us a couple more details on this? I'm tempted to get one too, I've hopefully got a big polishing project coming up shortly and this could save me a lot of work:

How do you rig up the air source to it, and what sort of cost/other expenditure is required?

Do these things give an even finish? I.e will it produce the same sort of finish as the bead-blasting cabinet, or is it just a rough sanding-job in a can?

Hope you can understand where I'm coming from, I'm just after something that produces a nice smooth finish...

Linky

They're run off either a compressor, can of propellant, hpa or a old car tire :P

Its should give a even finish, as it is is just a scaled down sandblaster really, and the only cost on top is air source and Aluminium Oxide (or whatever else you choose to use)

Hope that helps.

Edited by Rob15

Well a big can of gas is around £6-£8, those last a fair while.

And then there is a small adaptor (around £5 iirc) that screws into the regulator and allows to to run it from a old car/bike tyre..

EDITage : if there was demand for it i'd be tempted to get one (already got some badger airbrush stuff to use with it) and sandblast slides for people...... :unsure:

Edited by Rob15

well, i just finally got the slide to my first G23 i had back from the metal finishing shop it cost 75 bucks to have it tripple plated chrome after the EPA charge.... then after that i had to smith the guide rails on the KSC frame but its the type of work and care that pay off in the end i dont have the greatest pics of it yet just project pics but i will post em so hopefully you can see the difference between tripple plated chrome and the crappy "polished" slide looks you see so many do these days ive seen some impressive polishing jobs but still none compare to "actual" chrome

airsoft002.jpg

airsoft009.jpg

airsoft008.jpg

airsoft007.jpg

airsoft010.jpg

airsoft006.jpg

airsoft005.jpg

airsoft004.jpg