1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So unbelieveably off-topic. But I didn't think this one question warranted a new thread.

Anyone know where I can get a briefcase style gun carry-case, I'm looking for a briefcase that can have foam in each side, with one side having holes cut in order to hold the gun firm..

I'll be using it to carry 2 1911 varients, or a Mac-11.

Any help'd be appreciated.

cheers, hbc.

well firstly, i would chose a different base gun, i'm thinking of going for a series 80 CQB, as they have a grip safety that already accomodates a ring hammer, but thats because i dont like beavertails, and that trigger wont fit, you need one that looks like this

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...f%20.45%20Parts

hope this helps, if you need any more info just ask

well, there isn't any chosing to do really, i bought the pistol is the classifieds here with a broken slide...

so why won't that RS trigger work? it looks about the same of the sheriff one.. is it because of the triggerbar

Does anyone here own the Western Arms Series 80 Deluxe Edition? is it worth the extra cash for the machined slide and wood grips?

p.s. - I don't mean the 'Premium Edition' Nickel finish jobby, the DX version has a machine finished slide and trades, real colt grips and silver finished steel hammer.

p.p.s. - Does anyone own the Series 80 CQB, I've been trying to find out whether the frame & slide are HW ABS, or just the frame.. different sites have contradicting statements about it.. I would'nt want to buy it then find out the frame is crummy ABS..

cheers, hbc.

Edited by hardboiledcop

I don't think it'll do any lasting damage to your pistol... it'll just slow down the recoil and may prevent it from cycling properly.

You can even replicate what the silencer does by pressing down slightly on the outer barrel, and racking the slide gently... you'll feel a slightly increased resistance, and it's this that may slow down your pistol's action.

Basically, it's probably best to save yourself, and your gun the trouble, and take off the silencer. Make one out of PVC if you honestly need a silencer, but I think the racegun+silencer tends to look out of place.

And they stole the Jack Bauer Sig Sauer and put a LASER in it!

The humanity :(

Back on topic-ish, how do they work in 1911s? I mean, where would they put the laser, as it doesn't have a full recoil guide rod, or do they replace the entire recoil assembly with their laser spring thing?

I'm not really interested in getting one, just how the things work :P A laser _inside_ a gun seems like a crime...however practical it may be.

Edit @ Phoenix: Seems they replace the entire recoil assembly with their laser spring then. Don't think that'd go down too well in a replica <_<

I like the look of those CAT lasers though...

Final edit to avoid spam: Hm, fancy modding the ###### out of one of them and putting it in your 1911? It would help with the gun's "autotargeting" ability, as long as you don't use it in first person :P

Edited by Lithium Jack

http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/laserma...uide_rod_la.htm

If i'm thinking along the right lines here, the laser replaces the recoil assembly for the weapon.

Uh, what I'm trying to say is, you wouldn't be able to find an airsoft spring to fit the laser, as the spring that comes with the lasermax has been built to fit around it.

Its a "Replica Models Inc." 1911 US Army. It was made in Japan in the late 60's. Full Metal/Steel construction and it fires blanks. Its actually for sale, lookin to get rid of it rather quickly. Email me at tsm29@optonline.net if your interested.

Edited by Tmayone

Boomarms are flippin amazing!

First off, I got a $695 custom gun down to $680 including shipping, for nothing.

Then, they post the item monday morning via DHL and it arrives at my door without customs charges tuesday midday! is that even possible? I'm dumb-struck.

Now, the best bit, the gun is fantastic, astounding even! and I'll have some beauty shots uploaded in a few minutes..

hbc.