1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where I can get a Prime MEU late metal kit and a Prime Springfield V10 Frame & Slide Kit? Boom Arms list the MEU kit, but they're not replying to my e-mails so I don't know if they have it in stock.

Damn that's nice.  What did you use as the base weapon for it... There are so many Western Arms I can't make head or tail of them :\

The trick is there isn't a base.

The slide is SCW, and the frame magna. But I think I'll convert it to SCW 2 soon. :)

Otherwise, about the V10, now it's impossible to find a metal frame for it. Sold out long time ago.

About the meu, don't know.

Eeh Gatz! I just spent 360 nicker on a Kimber Raptor Custom.. and that's with discount!

flippin 'eck, I'm meant to be broke!

pics will be up as soon as I get it (once I stop drooling)

hbc.

And you're in Uni? Dear god, an airsofting student with a Western Arms addiction... I'd hate to be in your position in a few years time :) (aside from all the sweet guns an' all... those I'd like :P )

And you're in Uni? Dear god, an airsofting student with a Western Arms addiction... I'd hate to be in your position in a few years time :) (aside from all the sweet guns an' all... those I'd like :P )

Yeah, 3rd year so I'm probably more broke than ever..

I'm a grand overdrawn and about 15 grand in debt.. but if the VCR gets through the next year or so will be my last chance to cure the addiction :angry:

hbc.

Magwells, grips, grip screws :P, barrel bushing, grip safety, plunger pins and spring, rails, recoil plug, hammer spring, some pins, hammer strut... I think I left a few parts out.

ok, so i've been nosing around for parts for my soon to arrive new project , i should have a slide sourced (not a 100% sure yet) , so i started looking for other parts.

My goal would be to do my own version of the MEU SOC pistol, as the slide i'm hoping to get is the MEU SOC late slide and the frames show alot of similarities, it even has a cool property of US GOV stamp wich wouldn't look bad or out of place on a meusoc esque pistol.

most obvious parts i would need are:

hammer

trigger

slide safety

grip safety

now i asked phoenix about the sheriff beavertail grip safety he has, and he says it wouldn't fit his mark 70s 1911... so are you guys sure grip safeties will work?

because i spotted these real Wilsons grip safeties for less of what the sheriff parts are priced (apart from that one beeing for a compact frame)

as for a slide safety, WGC has these original ones for a MEU, am i correct in thinking these will work on the 1911army or any SCW pistol for that matter?

and seeing as going over the sual HK retailers did not turn up any triggers for me, will real ones need any filling done to them to make them work? or are they as simple as dropping them in?

Edited by sturgis

well firstly, i would chose a different base gun, i'm thinking of going for a series 80 CQB, as they have a grip safety that already accomodates a ring hammer, but thats because i dont like beavertails, and that trigger wont fit, you need one that looks like this

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...f%20.45%20Parts

hope this helps, if you need any more info just ask

Hmm, needing a new trigger for my SW1911 DX - that flat trigger grip is starting to p*** me off a bit. Wondering what ultra badass triggers we can actually buy these days - after flat & curved in shape, textured & plain in finish, and spurred, skeletonised & solid in shape then there aren't really any new or exciting variants that are available are there?

Or are there...

So could anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of anyone who makes triggers for WA SCW series 1911s - I can't think of anyone who might do them (but then I've never bought a spare trigger before :s ) WGC just failed completely to turned anything up.

BigAl: reeaaally? :D Quality. Now to go and get some from somewhere foreign :lol:

Edited by evilhippy