1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't use the slide release lever to release the slide. When the slide locks, we pull the slide back and then release it. Using a weaker recoil spring will also help.

Edit: By "we" I mean "I".

Edited by n00b3r

Yeah, the WE Hi-Capas waste a _lot_ of gas pushing the slide back, as it's heavy pot metal. There's really nothing you can do to fix this AFAIK, apart from, as Primussucks says, sanding and polishing the (don't know the proper name) slide rails, and using a ton of lube to reduce the friction to some degree.

I'm pretty sure that TM mags would be no different to the WE ones, although they may just be built to better standards (my WE mags leak all over the place)

Sorry for double post guys, but just thought I'd post a quick update on my KSC 1911... which is one week old as of tomorrow.

It no longer works, as it strips off the recoil assembly after a few shots on propane. I've literally put 50 rounds through it so far.

Avoid the thing like the plague, I'll probably have to buy a new 1911 to replace it. Fortunately it was only 45 quid or so at GnG, but it's still 40 quid on what now amounts to a showpiece which I can't even plink with.

Sorry for double post guys, but just thought I'd post a quick update on my KSC 1911... which is one week old as of tomorrow.

It no longer works, as it strips off the recoil assembly after a few shots on propane.  I've literally put 50 rounds through it so far.

Avoid the thing like the plague, I'll probably have to buy a new 1911 to replace it.  Fortunately it was only 45 quid or so at GnG, but it's still 40 quid on what now amounts to a showpiece which I can't even plink with.

well that sucks ! :(

It no longer works, as it strips off the recoil assembly after a few shots on propane.  I've literally put 50 rounds through it so far.

Avoid the thing like the plague, I'll probably have to buy a new 1911 to replace it.  Fortunately it was only 45 quid or so at GnG, but it's still 40 quid on what now amounts to a showpiece which I can't even plink with.

Perhaps because its designed to use 134a no doubt. You run high power gases in guns that aren't supposed to and these things will happen.

Perhaps because its designed to use 134a no doubt.  You run high power gases in guns that aren't supposed to and these things will happen.

You're probably right, but I had assumed that the Taiwan version, like most other Taiwanese weapons, was designed with propane in mind. There's very little in the way of damage... a bit of tape to tighten up the recoil assembly and a few cans of duster gas should set me back up for plinking, but no way I'd take this weapon to a skirmish now.

You don't really expect it from KSC so much though.. maybe they were so rushed in putting a 1911 out before TM that they cocked up part of the design process.

hbc.

That's what I had thought. My KSC usp compact was so good though, I hadn't imagined the 1911 would be so much of a pain.

Anywho, I'll order myself some weak gas over the weekend, see what happens. If it's still stripping without my help (ooh er) then i'll take some pics and see what you lovely chappies make of it.

Edited by Lithium Jack

heya guys, just picked this fixer upper up in the classifieds.

Was wondering if any of you guys had any spare original WA slide lying around,incase you, could you give me a pm?

n00b3r, is that the kimber that slipped through my grubby mits? :( co's it looks hot with that light under it ! :D

edit: spelling grr

Edited by sturgis
... I had assumed that the Taiwan version, like most other Taiwanese weapons, was designed with propane in mind...

My KSC usp compact was so good though .....

The taiwanese version is simply a KSC that hasn't passed the same quality-control checks that the Japanese guns do, and is released under the name KWA. They are not designed for anything different and have also not been so stringently checked :(

And my KWA USP Compact has been repaired not once, not twice, but thrice! :lol: Some you win, some you lose. Poor/discount/non-existent QC is to blame for both our dodgy pistols, I'm sure :)

The taiwanese version is simply a KSC that hasn't passed the same quality-control checks that the Japanese guns do, and is released under the name KWA. They are not designed for anything different and have also not been so stringently checked :(

And my KWA USP Compact has been repaired not once, not twice, but thrice! :lol: Some you win, some you lose. Poor/discount/non-existent QC is to blame for both our dodgy pistols, I'm sure :)

I think you're right dude. I just tagged the thing on to an order, and thought "How bad could it be." Famous last words :P

I've only ever bought the taiwanese versions.. I've bought 2 glocks, and the USP compact in the past.. I ran both purely on green with no issues at all. You probably just got a lemon.

I dunno... I hear Handsome Pete's stripped itself when firing. It's led me to suspect that the whole Taiwan line sucks. I'll probably just sell it for next to nothing, and buy a Marui :P

Also, I agree. I know I've not been helping, but I need some sweet tricked out 1911 picture goodness to fill the void left by KSC :(