CA AUG

Kosac

Ah, another thing. someone mentioned a LOT earlier that CA uses good material. I'd just like to say one thing about their Glass fiber. It's PREETTY brittle at times. IT can crack. but the AUG is ABS so there shouldn't be problems with that. and as for markings, it should be better. CA is usually asthetically more pleasing than TM.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally, I'm holding my breath for CA to announce a H-Bar varient.

but I've a suspicion the AUG will occupy the same category as the CA33e- fun for them to make, but not fun enough for them to bother coming up with varients (hk53! you swine! just release it, dagnammit, you've got all the parts, why haven't you released it? WHHHHHHYYYYYYY?!)

ahem.

*sidles offstage, whistling*

more than anything i wanna see an a3 version of the aug come out  or at least a conversion kit.

it is only the front half thats different... shouldnt be too hard to do.  and from what i have heard alot of people want them

A3 has a different reciever, too. You could fake it with a new front set, like you can fake a HK 416 on an M4 body. Wouldn't be right, though.

personally, I'm holding my breath for CA to announce a H-Bar varient.

but I've a suspicion the AUG will occupy the same category as the CA33e- fun for them to make, but not fun enough for them to bother coming up with varients (hk53! you swine! just release it, dagnammit, you've got all the parts, why haven't you released it? WHHHHHHYYYYYYY?!)

ahem.

*sidles offstage, whistling*

Ent that just an Mp5 front on a HK33?

The thing is with a 24" barrel the barrel length with be way too long for the cylinder size, the FPS will slow down.

The 'suckback theory has been disproved.

Volume of 24" inner barrel = pi x 3mm squared =

28.274333882308139146163790449516mm x 609.6mm (24") =

17,236mm cubed

Volume of cylinder = pi x 23mm squared =

1661.9025137490006231467383497549 x 80mm (length of cylinder) =

132,952mm cubed

So suckback is false.

Hmm, interesting. You are right Darklite in theory.

The effective length of the cylinder is only 60mm but still the volume is still much larger than the barrel + nozzle space combined. I have always assumed suckback theory holds.

Then in that case, something else is causing the problems isn't it. There needs another theory regarding this. Certainly for me, upgrading a steyr AUG with both a systema and a TN 590mm length barrel one have yielded a 70fps decrease with 0.2g BBs compared with a stock marui 510mm barrel (stock piston head, stock cylinder, systema gears, 170% spring stock marui hopup rubber). Similar upgrades on an M4 with a full bore cylinder and an Mp5k with a full bore cylinder have yielded the same degree of FPS decrease.

Unless there is also a resistance with the BB needing to push static air out of the barrel. That means if the resistance assumption holds, then more than required volume of air is needed to push the air out of the barrel out of the front.

Darklite if you have any theory regarding this would be helpful.

(hk53! you swine! just release it, dagnammit, you've got all the parts, why haven't you released it? WHHHHHHYYYYYYY?!)

The January 2006 price list my dealer just got from Classic Army not only has pricing for both versions of the AUG (and strangely enough, they're cheaper than even the M15 series), but the CA53 and SAR are also listed sans price. They're coming.

Do you think you could hint at a specific price mate, since at Dentrinity the M15 prices range from $190 all the way up to almost $400. I'm most interested at the approximate price of the Military version.

God let this thing become available before the VCR bill, and I hope I can convince gunsnguys to get them in stock.

The January 2006 price list my dealer just got from Classic Army not only has pricing for both versions of the AUG (and strangely enough, they're cheaper than even the M15 series), but the CA53 and SAR are also listed sans price. They're coming.

A SAR-21?? Or did you mean their "SAR OFFIZIER M41 FS" thing? I'm really wanting a SAR/TAR-21!!

Yes, I was referring to the SAR Offizier M41 FS or whatever it's called. Shame about the RIS on that one...

The retail pricing I got on the AUG A1 was CAD$542.00 and the AUG A2 CAD$510.00. For comparison's sake the M15A4 Carbine retails for CAD$584.00 and the B&T MP5A4 for CAD$549.00.

I'm not a fan of bullpups but for this price, I just might be persuaded to go to the dark side. ;)

AUG A2 cheaper than the AUG A1 :huh: ?

So there are two possibilities:

1. It is no real AUG A2 and the mean the AUG A1 with a special receiver

2. It is a AUG A2 and it's delivered with the low sightrail

Please let it be the second option ! And in OD of course, AUGs have to be OD :)

EDIT: just saw that it's cheaper than an M15A4 in Canada . . . are prices wacky high over there in Canada?

Yes. Because importation is limited to those who acquire the requisite permits and licenses, most Canadian airsofters have the impression that dealers tend to add a, "You're Playing Airsoft In Canada Tax". :angry: The price increases versus other countries seems disproportionate to the actual expense of the licenses required, which contrary to popular belief are NOT all that expensive for any serious business.

Thankfully a new sheriff is in town who's bringing far more reasonable prices to the Canadian airsoft market. In addition to being a distributor for CA he just placed his first WGC order and is now a distributor for them too! :D

more than anything i wanna see an a3 version of the aug come out  or at least a conversion kit.

it is only the front half thats different... shouldnt be too hard to do.  and from what i have heard alot of people want them

*drool* the AUG A3 is friggin b-e-a-uuutiful. ESPECIALLY the sniper version!

Archived