Biohazard Intervention

Monk

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, an easy way around all that technical jibber-jabber and unique rules for shotguns would be to just put a limit on the number of rounds a person can have for each gun.  So, if you say people can have a maximum of 60 rounds per gun, that would cover pretty much any standard double-stack GBB for two mags, as well as 2 marui shotgun shells, so nothing would really change, but people that had those super-cool marushin shell-ejecting models could bring along a whole pack of shells and still have the same number of rounds.  Also it would be more fair to people with single-stackers like the ever-popular 1911.  Add that every round has to be in a magazine, and it seems good to me.

A possible exploitation of that would be to have people only partially filling mags and bringing tons, though, but it's not so hard for a staff member to put the kaibash on that.  "No dude, there's no way I'm letting you into the game with thirty magazines."  Again, I'm not at all trying to find fault in your reasoning or tell you how to run your game, it sounds like a blast and I find the rules great, just offering an idea.  Just say the word and I'll shut up about the whole subject.

I enjoy debates so I'll never tell anyone to "shut up." I have a few questions for you though.

1) How do you prevent someone from abusing the BB limit?

2) Imagine controlling an event and being asked on the fly to know and understand every shotgun and said shotgun's perspective loading functions brought into the field. Nice eh?

3) As the individual hosting the game, let alone being a player at a game, where would you rather have your controllers? Mining over the reload stations to prevent cheaters, or making sure everyone goes down when they're hit?

4) Wouldn't the easiest route be to just go back to GBBs only and exclude shotguns?

You can please most of the people some of the time and some of the people, most of the time, but you can't please everybody all the time.

Again, expecting individual guidelines for every gun or setting BB limits and "hoping" people will adhere them is rediculous. True, most of the people at the event are honest but there will always be at least one jerk, guaranteed! Try hosting an event and then handing the controllers a 1000 page bible of what they need to look out for. This is inaddition to all the already "special" rules they'll be looking for.

The majority of events have generic rules for different types of guns but divided in style like GBBs, AEGs and Sniper Rifles and are not broken up into subdivisions like TM, CA, Marushin, etc. This is the optimum choice for event hosts. You won't see 5 or 6 different guidelines for individual types, instead you'll see fps limits and generics.

We're all into this sport for the fun of it. Ever played a heavy objective or rule game? They're not really fun. There will always be someone you don't address in specifics whereas you can simply say, like we do, "meet the fps requirement and the loadout regulations and you can have fun!"

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer your question about the MPs, NooBTard was the first to meet the criteria for the contest.  He listed the real steel gun, it's name, and the airsoft version and the company who produced it.  So, "tarded" he may be, but he's "tarded" with a Bio DVD.  You could always take a shot at the current contest since you seem most knowledgible about gear.  Win more than the DVD, win an extra two issues of our mag too!

HEY! what's in a name?

You don't really think I'm "tarded" do you? :(:unsure::o:huh::flamed:

Actually, n00bTard used to me my favorite l33t insult - my way of making fun of n00bs and the idiots who think text speak is cool.

THere have been games here in the midwest that limit Ammo. Basicly you where issued your ammo for your squad before each game and how you used it was up to you.

As for the Shotty's there realy isn't any way to limit it easily. There are also the ones that have a chamber you fill and don't have any mag/shells for them! Granted they hold like 60 rounds or so.

As for the question on what we would prefer the reffs do, I'd just as soon they mind their own damn buiseness. This is Airsoft, not paintball. IT's an honor based sport, that is why we use BB's and not something that leaves a mark. If I think I shot a guy and he doesn't take it I'll keep shooting him. There is always a change it just looked like I hit him and something interfeared.

Maybe I'm spoiled in that we have games every month and never have a ref at all. If there is a problem the game organizers handle it swiftly and decisivly. Then I go out of town, say to St. Louis and play there where they use a paintball field so we have to have reffs and all they do is get in the way :( That's why we shot one with the RPG. Moron Pballers, walk out in the open when we call "COVER FIRE FOR ARTILLERY!" Dude got it at 40 feet from an aircannon at 150 Psi and 2k BB's

Come play a game in California. It's near impossible to find a game without cheaters unless it's a private game with no public guests. Unfortunately, one of the many problems that plague airsoft here in CA is the B.S. Machismo or the all too common, "I didn't feel it!" These people don't want to call out period. Sometimes it's "permitted," like the club we used to play with, because the individuals who're guilty are the "home team." Other time's it's just others. Public games will always have them. Ex: the defunct Ft. Ord military base/field, though entirely no fault of the organizers, have more cheaters than thermites. Every single time I or a staff member has been to a game at that location, we experience this. Neo left a game two months ago after emptying 3/4 of a 249 box mag into a guy with no results. The last time I was there, I lit into somebody until they virtually yelled, "F**k, alright, alrigh, I'm out! Stop f**king shooting me!" This was only after my third hi-cap refill (see below for hi-cap explanation)...

This is why our OPERATION: BIOHAZARD games are literally crawling with controllers. It's important to note that our controllers are always clear of any action as we're all highly experienced airsofters. Our players have actually thanked us as any problems that arise are virtually dealt with immediately! Not only does it make the game more fun, but it also keeps it safer. We have yet to experience any fights or name calling (out of character of course) at our events. I firmly believe this is because of all the controllers in the field (those who've attended our games, I'd love to hear your feedback on this).

One of the major issues is when the organizers want to play vs. overseeing an event. While I understand their need and desire to play, hell, I feel it too, there really isn't anybody available to monitor those "bulletproof ba****ds." It's easy to say, "dude, just light them up until they call out." I have, but the question is, should I have to? That's the only reason I actually pack a hi-cap is to switch to it when I experience a cheater. More often then not though, I find myself using it and reloading it to use again. It's a shame...it really takes away from the sport.

People like that are why I always get disdainful remarks when I attempt to explain airsoft to people.

"So you use these BBs? And they don't leave any marks? Man, that's stupid. At least with paintball you can tell when you hit someone."

Thing is, I've played paintball a few times, and experience more cheatery than I do with airsoft.

Me: C'mon dude, I hit you like four times.

Dude: No you didn't.

Me: Dude, it's all over your arm! And there's some on your goggles and in your hair!

Dude: That's old paint, you missed me. Lrn2aim.

Okay, since it appears you guys aren't able to name everything, although a few came damn close, here's some clues :rolleyes: , fill in the blanks. If you already have these prizes, consider winning them for a friend/fellow airsofter who doesn't. Remember, I want to know what the gun is and it's accessories, names and brands:

post-1145-1138387344_thumb.jpg

1) ____________________ (primary)

2) ____________________ (booster seat)

3) ____________________ (aim assist)

4) Trigger Happy's M910 Grenade Launcher

5) Rico's Alpha 9 Tactical Light

6) ____________________ (ka-boom)

7) ____________________ (dog feeder)

Two of these items will be a total guess. One is semi visible in the pic and the other isn't really but makes sense when you "look." (btw, this training exercise will help with the puzzles at the game too! Just ask Monk! ;) )

Remember, this is for the OPERATION: BIOHAZARD II DVD and The NAM Issues 4 & 8 and admission to the event in April! Since this has turned out to be a total stumper, free admission to the event in April (parking fee still applies though) has been added to the contest.

I'll post an update tomorrow morning (PST) to show correct answers. If you guys can't nab this...I'll have to find another forum to award the prize to! :P

I highly doubt it'll happen, which is very sad :( There's just too many variables. If there was another angle of the gun It'd be much easier :P

:huh: How many AEGs/brands of M16 style variants are there really? Looking at the gun, I can see several clues to show what, exactly, it is. There are also clues as to what gun it is as what ISN'T listed on the list. Does this mean the gun actually comes with them? Hmmmmmmm... <_<

Just in case anyone is interested for the UK side, I have been approached by Ghost Rider (he's scary in a dark alley you know...) about organising a Biohazard event this side of the pond and will be looking around Urban Assault (map a few pages back) for suitability, and also asking the staff/owners/whatever whether they will be up to hosting the game next Sunday.

EDIT: Not for the game ot be next Sunday, I will be there next Sunday.

Once we have more info (dates, places, costs etc) we'll be sure to let the UK guys know.

I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up, it may be completely unfeasible. Some sites have already been rejected on the grounds of size or obstacles and so forth, plus I don't really want to have it cost more than £40 for the weekend's green fees - a lot of factors have to come together, including offical recognition from the Biohazard Guys.

The idea is to run an offical 'canon' Biohazard event, with their rules, approach and so forth, and timing wise it's probably gonna be some time in November.

All suggestions/volunteers welcome.

Hmm... looks like a short barrel, the RIS, and the short barrel (seems a bit shorter then the M733), so......

1) CA M15A4 CQB/R (primary)

2) G&P Cantilever mount(booster seat)

3) G&P Aimpoint replica(aim assist)

6) Madbull M433 48 rounds(ka-boom)

7) CA hi-cap (dog feeder)

By booster seat did you mean a mount for the aimpoint, or a vert foregrip? (looks like he's holding one.)

:( We received literally a HUGE amount of complaints about allowing the AEPs at our events. After discussing it with the other staff members, we will be paying extremely close attention to AEPs at the upcoming OPERATION: BIOHAZARD game in April. If the concerns are proven true, we will not allow them at future events. Here are some of the more pressing concerns:

- "100rnd capacity and lack of gas make the reload stations redundant and suddenly, the "play" is no longer 50/50, with the advantage going to "live" players."

- "If they are allowed, do we make "charging" stations or supply the players with back-up batteries?"

- "Hi-Caps are made for AEPs which can hold up to 200rnds."

- "Now that AEPs are allowed, what's the difference, really, between them and AEGs? After all, there are fully automatic (ROF) AEPs on the market now."

- "This is just a loophole that scared players are trying to exploit. Doesn't this distract from the mood you're trying to set?"

:unsure: As I stated previously in the forums, I really don't see the big deal. But, if you bring an AEP, bring a back-up battery (we're not responsible for the toilet paper! ;) ). Again, I'm not saying no, but we will be watching this closely as these are valid points. One thing that was decided on though, Hi-cap mags for AEPs WILL NOT be allowed at the games.

Thoughts? And please don't be childish and say, "If I can't bring my toy, then I'm staying home!" Don't be a titty-baby. Challenge these issues with some thought provoking replies.

P.S. For the contest, nope...nope...and uh...nope. No items have been guessed but only two attempts were made! C'mon people, slap on those thinking caps and try thinking outside the "Yick Fung" take-out box! /o/

By the way, Happy New Year!

I think that's the best compromise - allow AEPs, but not the high caps. I'm sure some people will try to sneak them in, but what can you do? You can't get rid of every idiot cheater, but I doubt it will be much of a problem.

I'm so pumped for this event! I'm so glad you're allowing shotguns. I think it would be so much fun if the shotties were a one-hit put down, but I can see your point on that too. It will just be fun to be allowed one, even if it turns out to be a disadvantage.

While I've said before that I could definitely see the issue with AEPs coming up, they really haven't surfaced yet. I'm sure their scarcity is one factor. Another thing to consider is that they just don't help out that much. Pistols are used to get the zombies out of your way, but anyone who gets into a firefight is already halfway to screwed.

In one game at Biohazard I, a team of five of us grabbed all the objectives and made it to the LZ in amazing time, despite the losing roughly 20 people in the first 10 minutes. I used 5 rounds. Our whole team (the survivors) expended less than 30 in total. The other 20 members of the team (the main body of our force) could be heard shouting and shooting before being overrun.

Having an AEP with a 50 round mag is like having a pick-up among compact car owners; everyone is going to ask you to do some work for them. If someone shows up with a pair of 18Cs on my team, I'll point out the zombies and shout, "You take 'em!"

From the zombie perspective, it's fun to hear someone start firing on full auto. You know full well that the person won't keep shooting for long. 6 shots is also a lot to get out in one burst. I've been hit by 4 shots of autofire when the gun ran dry. That's a call to chow.

Okay, since it appears you guys aren't able to name everything, although a few came damn close, here's some clues :rolleyes: , fill in the blanks.  If you already have these prizes, consider winning them for a friend/fellow airsofter who doesn't.  Remember, I want to know what the gun is and it's accessories, names and brands:

post-1145-1138387344_thumb.jpg

1) ____________________ (primary)

2) ____________________ (booster seat)

3) ____________________ (aim assist)

6) ____________________ (ka-boom)

7) ____________________ (dog feeder)

Two of these items will be a total guess.  One is semi visible in the pic and the other isn't really but makes sense when you "look." (btw, this training exercise will help with the puzzles at the game too!  Just ask Monk!  ;) )

Remember, this is for the OPERATION: BIOHAZARD II DVD and The NAM Issues 4 & 8 and admission to the event in April!  Since this has turned out to be a total stumper, free admission to the event in April (parking fee still applies though) has been added to the contest.

I'll post an update tomorrow morning (PST) to show correct answers.  If you guys can't nab this...I'll have to find another forum to award the prize to!  :P

Any chance of a color pic? Sorry, but the area between the Tac light and the grenade are just a grey blur for me no matter what computer I look on.

Edit, I think the gun is a G&P CQBR

Is one of the items a battery?

I think no3 is ICS AN/PEQ 2 Battery Pack with Laser

This quote-

"Hi-Caps are made for AEPs which can hold up to 200rnds."

Is false, only 100rd mags are made.

Be that as it may, it's still the issue of possessing more rounds than the average player on the field. But before you compare it to the Glock 50rnd mags, be fair. With the Glock mags, gas is still an issue. With AEPs it isn't. Finding little loopholes around the rules (ammo limitations) will take away from the fun of the game play, overall. This is something those planning on bringing out AEPs should seriously consider. If you brought out an AEP and the game "sucked" for you, it'd be your own fault. Again, this hasn't been an issue yet, but we'll certainly be paying close attention to those using them.

Finding little loopholes around the rules (ammo limitations) will take away from the fun of the game play, overall.  This is something those planning on bringing out AEPs should seriously consider.  If you brought out an AEP and the game "sucked" for you, it'd be your own fault.  /size]

This really is an important thing to consider. My fun from Biohazard has never come from not having enough gear, guns or ammo. The fun comes when one feels desperate, short of ammo and paranoid. That's what makes Biohazard great. A zombie film set in a government ammunition dump would be dull as the people mowed down the zombies. Bring a gun, two mags, and a willingness to be freaked out. You'll enjoy yourself.

Archived