Biohazard Intervention

Monk

1. Classic Army M15A4 RIS

2. Classic Army RIS Battery Case (PEQ2 Replica)

3. Surefire M900

4. Trigger Happy Tac Light Launcher

5. Guarder Aimpoint Replica

6. King Arms Vertical Foregrip (x3)

7. Mad Bull M433 HEDP BB Grenade Shell

Do I win? :D

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monk, we can try this with INTERVENTION.  We'll be using the INTERVENTION games to experiment with different ideas and introductions.  I won't really change the website but we'll allow shotguns.  I still want to keep the primary sequels to GBB/AEP only though.

P.S. The trailortrash will be considered the Bounty Hunters....Dawg!

(please don't read too deeply into that)

You heard it here first, folks!

Now, I want see what that changes for the players out there. Who'll be packing the plastic buckshot?

If I go I would be bringing a KSC G34 with metal slide, stronger recoil spring, and hi-flow valves.

Another Ventura County resident at BIOHAZARD would be great. My brother will be coming from down there and bringing another player. I'd love to see more SoCal players in attendance. Maybe only NorCal players are willing to come out in force and square off with only a pistol (and now a shotgun).

1. Classic Army M15A4 RIS

2. Classic Army RIS Battery Case (PEQ2 Replica)

3. Surefire M900

4. Trigger Happy Tac Light Launcher

5. Guarder Aimpoint Replica

6. King Arms Vertical Foregrip (x3)

7. Mad Bull M433 HEDP BB Grenade Shell

Do I win? :D

NOPE! Some of it is right...sorta. But some is way off too.../o/ :flamed: But don't stop trying!

You heard it here first, folks! 

Now, I want see what that changes for the players out there.  Who'll be packing the plastic buckshot?

Another Ventura County resident at BIOHAZARD would be great.  My brother will be coming from down there and bringing another player.  I'd love to see more SoCal players in attendance.  Maybe only NorCal players are willing to come out in force and square off with only a pistol (and now a shotgun).

Remember though, a single shot from a shotgun is equal to a single shot from a pistol regardless of how many BBs come out. Also, that'll be limited to the 6mm shotguns only, no 8mms will be allowed. But I think it'll add an interesting perspective to the game. :)

Remember though, a single shot from a shotgun is equal to a single shot from a pistol regardless of how many BBs come out.  Also, that'll be limited to the 6mm shotguns only, no 8mms will be allowed.  But I think it'll add an interesting perspective to the game.  :)

Still, that means the question is M1100 or full-stock Benelli. I feel like I have to bring a shotgun, since they're now allowed. I keep pointing out that less weight, bulk, and junk is better in BIOHAZARD, but I'm drawn to the shotguns, even though I know they'll be my undoing. I really can't picture myself running like a madman toward the cabin with a shotgun on my back. Well, I can picture it, but the picture has me being overwhelmed and devoured by the undead.

Again, what do the other players think of this? Will we see shotguns out there? I'm seriously racking my brain over whether to buy a shotgun. I've got an order going through here shortly for a Guarder AK74 kit, the new AKS-74UN when it comes out, an ICS AK74M and I'm planning to buy an Eagle vest, on top of some new Danners and a case of AK74 mags. All in all, I wasn't planning on buying a new shotgun right now, but I also wasn't planning on BIOHAZARD coming this soon, but there's no way in hell I'd miss it. So do I go for the shotgun, knowing that it will be about adding to the feel more than the actual effectiveness, or do I just go with the custom 226 I just got?

Also, I'm assuming no one is really entertaining the notion of trying to bring an MP7. Since they're going to be awfull close to MP5Ks and really just AEGs, does anyone see that as a contentious point? Personally, I'm planning on getting one, but I don't see them fitting with the game at all, even if it's called an AEP.

Still, that means the question is M1100 or full-stock Benelli.  I feel like I have to bring a shotgun, since they're now allowed.  I keep pointing out that less weight, bulk, and junk is better in BIOHAZARD, but I'm drawn to the shotguns, even though I know they'll be my undoing.  I really can't picture myself running like a madman toward the cabin with a shotgun on my back.  Well, I can picture it, but the picture has me being overwhelmed and devoured by the undead.

Again, what do the other players think of this?  Will we see shotguns out there?  I'm seriously racking my brain over whether to buy a shotgun.  I've got an order going through here shortly for a Guarder AK74 kit, the new AKS-47UN when it comes out, and I'm planning to buy a CIRAS soon, on top of some new Danners and a case of AK74 mags.  All in all, I wasn't planning on buying a new shotgun right now, but I also wasn't planning on BIOHAZARD coming this soon, but there's no way in hell I'd miss it.  So do I go for the shotgun, knowing that it will be about adding to the feel more than the actual effectiveness, or do I just go with the custom 226 I just got?

:unsure: Well? UTG makes a "fair" shotgun for like $60-$75 through AEX (at least that's what I was quoted by an employee). We have one here from JAG to test. It feels like what you pay for it though and I haven't really gotten the chance to pop it's cherry so I can't really give you a decent view on performance.

:D I personally have a Marushin CA870 Sawed-off that's in new condition with three mags I'm looking to part with for about $125. I've owned two to date. Howitzer, the bastich, broke my original one while we were instructing at Airsoft Recondo School and payed for the replacement. It was supposed to be used at the last BIO but instead remained safely and snuggly in my gun case. It's a fairly decent springer and is nice and accurate too, if you take the time to aim. I spent some serious quality time removing a certain annoying flourescent job so that it looks all but identical to it's illegal real steel counterpart. And no (to those who will ask), I won't explain how.

:waggle: BUT, my honest opinion? I seriously think you're asking the wrong question bud. The question one should be asking themselves, especially one who's experienced the nature of OPERATION: BIOHAZARD, not once but both times, a BIO-Vet, is......how will I feel spending most of my time wandering around moaning with the shotgun on my back? ;)

1)Classic Army m15a4 RIS

2)Guarder Vertical Tactical Foregrip

3)Rico Alpha 9 Tactical Light Weapons System

4)Trigger Happy T-910 Toy BB Launcher & Fore Grip

5)G&P PEQ II Replica battery holder

6)King Arms m203 40mm shell

7)Milspex Aimpoint style RDS

not sure about the brands :unsure:

Monk, we can try this with INTERVENTION.  We'll be using the INTERVENTION games to experiment with different ideas and introductions.  I won't really change the website but we'll allow shotguns.  I still want to keep the primary sequels to GBB/AEP only though.

The East Coast game in April is an INTERVENTION game, right? So shotguns are cool for that?

Does the shell count as a seprate item?

Well, seeing as how some of the shotguns on the market have shells, we're limiting them to 2 shells, just like magazines (no complaints, they hold like 30bbs!). However, if it's a mag-fed shotgun, like the CA870, then the 2 mag limit will apply. ;)

UPDATE...Okay gentlemen, listen up! To make this a bit easier :rolleyes: , fill in the blanks. Remember, I want to know what the gun is and it's accessories, names and brands:

post-1145-1138216124_thumb.jpg

1) ____________________

2) ____________________

3) ____________________

4) Trigger Happy's M910 Grenade Launcher

5) Rico's Alpha 9 Tactical Light

6) ____________________

7) ____________________

Two of these items will be a total guess. One is visible in the pic and the other isn't really but makes sense when you "look." (btw, this training exercise will help with the puzzles at the game too! Just ask Monk! ;) )

Remember, this is for the OPERATION: BIOHAZARD II DVD and The NAM Issues 4 & 8! If this turns out to be a total stumper, I might even throw in free admission to the April event too! But only if it's a stumper.

Tomorrow morning (PST), I'll fill in the blanks with all the correct answers to date. I always wanted to be a game show host! j/k /o/ :P

Are you guys usually strict on orange tips during the game itself? I always have orange on all my guns during transportation, and during the game if the field demands it, but I prefer to play with it off.

So long as the gun meets fps and loadout requirements, I don't care if it's pink!

Note to self:  Paint SOCOM pink

Yeah, just traded my unholy Sigma of skin puncturing for a TM NBB MK. 23, so I'll be rocking that, my P226, and hopefully a 1911 or a glock of some kind by that point.

Hey sweetie...don't forget to accessorize:

Cover Girl face paint (personally I'd shoot for the renaissance Italian look)

Maricone (pink/purple/white) Tiger Stripe

A pair of 40eyed white GO-GO Boots

Maybe even a Tinkie Winkie (sp?) doll to stuff in your "butt pack"

Hell, I'll even snap a photo at the event and personally mail a framed, color 8x10 to Pat Robertson! ;)

How much landed is usually needed in order to host a decent event? That probably depends on turnout, so how many people usually participate? My friend and I have been very interested as of late and might bring up the idea to a local field owner in the area to see if it's possible to bring Biohazard to the upper midwest.

How much landed is usually needed in order to host a decent event?  That probably depends on turnout, so how many people usually participate?  My friend and I have been very interested as of late and might bring up the idea to a local field owner in the area to see if it's possible to bring Biohazard to the upper midwest.

This isn't really the kind of stuff I care to discuss on an open forum. Please contact me via email or AIM. :)

Also, just to verify this so that I don't get bombarded here in the posts too, we received an email asking the following:

[/b]

Subject: What is considered a pistol?

"Hello, I am seriously considering going to your east coast event but I have a question about the “pistols only” rule.  The gun in question is a KWA MAC 11 Gas Blow Back Machine Pistol.  The real steel is classified as a pistol.  I would hate to show up with this and not be able to play.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete"

Close...but no cigar.  The MAC 10 & 11 are not "machine pistols" but are actually submachine guns:[/color] http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg22-e.htm

Sadly, as with the MP5K, they fall under the SMG rule which is...well...no.  There is only one exception to this rule (by name only) but it is also not allowed at the event because it's airsoft version falls under the AEG classification...any takers?

The winner, aka the first person to post the correct and COMPLETE answer here, gets a free Operation: Biohazard II DVD, so tell your friends!

I'd like to point out that all the MP5's are called "Machine Pistols", and all come in AEG form, the STAR UMP IS an AEG (I have one sitting by me right now and have sold 2 already) The TOP MP40 is also translates to "Machine Pistol" (and is a billows powered AEG) and on top of that the US BATF classifies the M93R and the G18C as "Sub Machine guns" because they are designed to fire a pistole round in full auto. Since they are both AEP's I'd say they are AEG's also.

I think that you give the gentalman you already promised the prize, and the first person that mentioned each of these guns I listed above the same prize. OR you could give it to me since I am the first one to put it ALL in one post.

Well, seeing as how some of the shotguns on the market have shells, we're limiting them to 2 shells, just like magazines (no complaints, they hold like 30bbs!).  However, if it's a mag-fed shotgun, like the CA870, then the 2 mag limit will apply.  ;)

HAHAHAHAHA Maruzen 870 (the shell type) gets only 2 shells to reload! Make your 8 shots count! (1 in chamber, 5 in gun, 2 in pocket)

HAHAHAHAHA Maruzen 870 (the shell type) gets only 2 shells to reload! Make your 8 shots count! (1 in chamber, 5 in gun, 2 in pocket)

I have a magazine fed Maruzen CA870 and with two mags, that gives me 80rnds.

In addition, most of the more popular TM Shottys have shells that hold 30rnds. I don't care to take the time to delve into the complexities of different brands and go over which are okay and which aren't while making regulations for each individual gun and then expecting the controllers at the event to identify them by sight. It's easier to set a generic rule. Some won't agree with it but most will understand and be fine with it. Like if I said "stock AEGs only." Well, most TMs fire at 280fps out of the box while CAs are higher at 315fps+. Again, K.I.S.S. is the best policy.

But nevertheless, the point I'm trying to make is that GBBs are the main reason this Op was created. I don't want to spend too much time focusing on shotguns as to do so would lead to distraction. This Scenario is about severely limiting ammo in an attempt to sustain a certain sence of urgency. Coming in all geared up like a wannabe Commando would destroy the tension and quite possibly ruin the event.

To answer your question about the MPs, NooBTard was the first to meet the criteria for the contest. He listed the real steel gun, it's name, and the airsoft version and the company who produced it. So, "tarded" he may be, but he's "tarded" with a Bio DVD. You could always take a shot at the current contest since you seem most knowledgible about gear. Win more than the DVD, win an extra two issues of our mag too!

Shotguns, hmm.... Guess my little UTG is coming along for the fun. I just have to figure out how to travel really light here. Light boots, maybe a small camelback or something, no vest or anything. Idk how I'm going to run and keep quite with a shotgun slung on my back.

Now will shotguns follow the same rules as for revolvers, one shot knocks 'em down? I think it would only make sense

Shotguns, hmm.... Guess my little UTG is coming along for the fun. I just have to figure out how to travel really light here. Light boots, maybe a small camelback or something, no vest or anything. Idk how I'm going to run and keep quite with a shotgun slung on my back.

Now will shotguns follow the same rules as for revolvers, one shot knocks 'em down? I think it would only make sense

I addressed this issue practically in an early post on this thread. Shotguns will follow the same rules as standard GBBs for reasons stated earlier (like only three pages ago).

I went halfway back through the post, before the few pages about the machine pistol/ump thing whatever, and I see. Sorry, hard to remember which number page was the last I looked at several days ago.

I don't want to argue, and I see your point about the effectiveness of shotgun shot, but mostly police and deer hunters use slugs or very heavy shot, and within 100 feet you're pretty much guaranteed to blow apart whatever you hit, should you hit it. I accept your rule on the shutguns and the reason, I would just like to comment that a shotgun used at such ranges is likely to destroy it's target, so knocking a zombie down with one shot seems pretty easy for a shotgun. Of course a shotgun is clumsier to weild than a pistol, slower to reload, and slower to shoot. The shooter feels safer with the extra knockdown power, until they have to reload, or run. In my opinion being able to knock the zombies down with one shot with the shotgun would be more fun, I'd feel silly pumping three rounds into each zombie, but I'll do it since I like the idea of the shotgun either way. This is just my opinion and I'm not telling you what to do. Since the game is based somewhat on the Resident Evil video games, maybe we can look at what damage shotguns do in that compared to pistols. I honestly would prefer to knock down zombies with one shot each, but I'll deal with 3 and keep my mouth shut if that's the way it will be :)

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, an easy way around all that technical jibber-jabber and unique rules for shotguns would be to just put a limit on the number of rounds a person can have for each gun. So, if you say people can have a maximum of 60 rounds per gun, that would cover pretty much any standard double-stack GBB for two mags, as well as 2 marui shotgun shells, so nothing would really change, but people that had those super-cool marushin shell-ejecting models could bring along a whole pack of shells and still have the same number of rounds. Also it would be more fair to people with single-stackers like the ever-popular 1911. Add that every round has to be in a magazine, and it seems good to me.

A possible exploitation of that would be to have people only partially filling mags and bringing tons, though, but it's not so hard for a staff member to put the kaibash on that. "No dude, there's no way I'm letting you into the game with thirty magazines." Again, I'm not at all trying to find fault in your reasoning or tell you how to run your game, it sounds like a blast and I find the rules great, just offering an idea. Just say the word and I'll shut up about the whole subject.

Archived