US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted to get bionic ears for awhile now, and in the begining i thought of getting the Peltor 6s for one reason and one reason alone.

I bet he has the same reason..

We just don't want to drop 150 - 250 on them. He made a compromise and it doesn't look that bad, I just decided to wait it out until I got the cash.

I like the way it looks anyways, I would probably dis-assemble the shell and paint the grey more OD. But eh, I like DIOY projects.

i have both normal and custom mesh lenses which i switch out in those ESS', and i have stock arena flakjaks. yes, my normal lenses are ANSI (mil issue)

aside from all that, ive NEVER seen a bb shatter on mesh

thanks for the compliments

-Joe

I've had the same experience as Joe... and our field limits were 400 fps with .25s up until the end of this past season.

We've been using Bugeye Chainsaw goggles for years with no trouble...

just replaced the (horrible) strap on my SWAT IBH for a Viper M88 3-point strap, hoping to replace it yet again with a MICH strap of some sort as the SWAT one was uncomfrtable and didnt adjust to fit very well, the chin strap was at an angle and i couldnt adjust it to fit any smaller as both sides were as small as they could go. also used/fitted one of the spare goggle retention straps onto my Protec Ace... so my projects slowly getting under way.

EDIT: ive also got plans to make a cut-down PASGT similar to a MICH 2001 i think (the one with no ear domes, like the IBH) so if anyone has pictures of any cutdown PASGTs they would be muchly appreciated :D.

Edited by [Apex]

Hey guys, i had a quick question for anyone with an IBH. Im getting one, but im worried it will make my Arena Flakjaks fog (like my PASGT does), so i wanted to know, anyone with an IBH that uses Arena Flakjaks, do you get fogging? or would be be wise to just use my Bolle T800s?

thanks.

and heres my helmet. not much at all has changed.

S2010116.jpg

Hey all, I've got a question real quick.

I think I'm going to buy the "SWAT" MICH 2000 replica from wgcshop.com, and I'm also going to get that G&P replica distress marker:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...L_srch_distress

Now, how do I attach that to my MICH?

So far I'm pretty sure I'm going to have:

MICH 2000 (tan), Cateye band, goggle straps, and the G&P replica distress marker/bb loader. So...how am I supposed to get that bb loader on it? I want it on the back of the helmet, not on top. Velcro?

Thanks!

Yep velcro. I see alot of ppl it looks like to attach velcro to the distres marker and the helmet backing and or top then attach it and put a piece of velcro over the top to secure it more.

Hmm...interesting. I'll look around this section a little more and try to see if I can figure it out.

So, like velcro glued to the back of the helmet, and then to the back of the distress marker. And then more velcro on the front of the marker to go over it and hold it down?

Oh, and anybody know if I might be able to find velcro that's like sticky-backed, so that I don't have to glue down the velcro permanently?

EDIT: So, it might look something like this:

100_1358.jpg

EDIT2: This helps....probably should have looked through this thread a little more before posting stupid questions. My bad. :(

This should help:

The hook on the strobe is glued, while the loop parts are one length folded over on itself and again glued. This then allows the main hook section to attach to the strobe and the helmet.

Strobemontage.jpg

EDIT3: Ok, I feel retarded making a 3rd edit. But, one more question:

Black or Tan velcro? I can't really decide if I want to use black, or tan velcro to attach a flag and the distress marker...Any input?

Edited by Kiki-Jiki
I would go black just because thats pretty much what you see today. I dont really see tan velcro on helmets though im sure threre are some.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Even in the two pictures I quoted, both of them were tan helmets with black velcro. Pretty sure I'm going to go with that.

I'll have to remember to post up some pics once I (finally) get a MICH. :D

If you use contact adhesive, the toffee coloured stinky stuff, then you will still be able to peel off the Velcro with a good tug and leave a near clean finish on the helmet and definitely the strobe, since it is smooth and the glue can be rubbed off. This is dependent on surface finish of the helmet i.e. paint texture, sand mixture etc.

SEAL.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
Hey guys, i had a quick question for anyone with an IBH. Im getting one, but im worried it will make my Arena Flakjaks fog (like my PASGT does), so i wanted to know, anyone with an IBH that uses Arena Flakjaks, do you get fogging? or would be be wise to just use my Bolle T800s?

thanks.

and heres my helmet. not much at all has changed.

S2010116.jpg

id say best bet is Bolle X800's, i use them with my SWAT IBH and have had no problems with fogging, even when i wear a balaclava which usually makes anything i wear fog.

i assume T800's are the same as X800's apart from the name.