Marui AEP H&K Mp7 A1 preview on Marui website

airsoft-collector

But, surely 500mah is enough....1700 rounds?

Or add the tac-light....Which is 1100 mah.....

First off, 1700 rounds does seem like an overexaggeration... I'm thinking more like a 1000 at best, unless, as previously mentioned, mechanical efficiency is like 100%...

Next, eh? Do you mean you can use the tac-light as a source of battery for the MP7?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That is amazingly cool... and amazingly expensive. :P

Lets just hope the stock batteries are 1700 rounds... I'll be getting an extra battery just in case.

Pre-order, here I come. :)

Edit:

Is that light the same as these two from wgc and redwolf? I'm guessing no.

It appears from the photo that the redwolf version does not have a battery included, but I'm assuming it is included.

First off, 1700 rounds does seem like an overexaggeration... I'm thinking more like a 1000 at best, unless, as previously mentioned, mechanical efficiency is like 100%...

Next, eh? Do you mean you can use the tac-light as a source of battery for the MP7?

Ok TM said after testing the gun it will do and average of 1700 BB's on one EX battery, FACT. thats 5 and a bit magazines which isn't all that much when you think about it.

As for the Tact light I'm not sure how that is going to work, but it looks like there are a few holes around the mount areas that the wires can feed through. I will let you know between the 7th, 8th and 9th of Feb

I thought the mags held 50 rounds. :huh:

:zorro:

What he said. :huh:

IIRC, the G18c and 93r MAEG's/AEP's used 200 mAh batteries, and from the reviews I've read, they shoot about 300-400 bb's. So, if the MP7 is using a 500 mAh battery, then that should be around 700-1000 bb's. And 5 mags on an MP7 would be 250...

What am I missing?

It's a different gearbox, an improvement on the G18C/93r design.  It would hopefully be more efficient, which could account for the difference.

Hmm. Another question, I thought the general rule (as gathered from the battery thread) about shots/mAh for an AEG was around 1.5? So, 1700/500 = 3.4 (roughly 160% increase)... which I must say is pretty damn good. Which leads to the conclusion that TM is doing something special to revolutionize the battery efficiency of coming airsoft products... at least in their upcoming machine pistols range.

I'm just theorizing on an explanation, although by reports, it's a fact that the gearbox is a new design. Another theory is that TM is blowing smoke. ;) But for now I'll hope it really does get about 1700 bb's on a 500maH battery.

BTW, FarEast, I hate you. I hate you in a 'I-wish-I-could-get-these-guns-as-early-as-you-do' way. :D

What he said. :huh:

IIRC, the G18c and 93r MAEG's/AEP's used 200 mAh batteries, and from the reviews I've read, they shoot about 300-400 bb's. So, if the MP7 is using a 500 mAh battery, then that should be around 700-1000 bb's. And 5 mags on an MP7 would be 250...

What am I missing?

sorry compete typo on my behalf sorry guys! was at work while typing that out and was thinking about other things.

Saving up already.

Usually new TM AEGs are about $2200HKD, but for the Mp7 I think around the $1300 mark, as the G18C/M93R were about $800 ish new.

*Blows raspberry at all US/UK people who must pay much much more*

*gives finger to FarEast who must pay much much less*

It looks like the same 7.2v battery in the pictures.

I know several people who's intellichargers didn't like AEP batterys and they would only hold a few minutes of charge.

I say again, this is MY reason for not buying one - the money's going towards a CA249 instead.

I own and use a Glock 18C AEP and I have never had any difficulty charging the battery using a variety of Intellichargers, indeed they have been capable of getting over the stated 200mah into the battery regularly.

The supplied 110v charger unit was exceedingly problematic in the UK in our experience and accounted for all the failures & returns we had when we started selling the 18C. For that reason we have given up even supplying them and replace with a large connector as a matter of course.

It's a matter of personal taste and experience, but my 18 hasn't missed a beat in well over a year of use, so I have no reservations regarding the MP7

F

Since I pre-ordered from Redwolf, I also started scouring the 'net looking for accessories, such as the H&K Pro-sight and a sling or holster made specifically for the MP7A1.

http://www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/smg/mp7/mp7.html

I got in touch with HK Defense, INC. out of Sterling, VA USA and they stated that there were no slings or holsters available for the general public. I happened to speak to the Military Programs Manager, and he told me that what he could suggest, would be to take a drop-leg modular platform made by Blackhawk and weave in some snaps. This would allow the weapon to be on your "strong side" and be securely fashioned to your leg. He also suggested the Mp5k underarm sling, and that with a few pieces of paracord, it could be used for the MP7A1.

While there are a bunch of "mp5 sight"s out there, the one I decided to pick up is the Hakko MP5 Red Dot Sight being sold by Tokyo Hobby, as it has the Hk logo on it. The link is below:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/245

472-400x400.jpg

I own and use a Glock 18C AEP and I have never had any difficulty charging the battery using a variety of Intellichargers, indeed they have been capable of getting over the stated 200mah into the battery regularly.

The supplied 110v charger unit was exceedingly problematic in the UK in our experience and accounted for all the failures & returns we had when we started selling the 18C.  For that reason we have given up even supplying them and replace with a large connector as a matter of course.

It's a matter of personal taste and experience, but my 18 hasn't missed a beat in well over a year of use, so I have no reservations regarding the MP7

F

So you just cut that wire in the middle and connect it to a logic charger?

DaveUSMC -- thanks for that. I was thinking of using a Mac-11 holster, but that might be pretty iffy.

As far as sights go, HK shows AP's on low mounts, so the ehobbyasia G&P AP looks like it would work.

That said, I'm probalby going to go and buy an ATN Digital Compact Reflex sight just because I can.

**Edit: It looks like the gun might be devoid of H&K markings -- from the Marui site, it looks like it just has Kal. 4.6x30mm -- not the Heckler&Koch logo.

I always thought the marui H&K trades to be quite good. No matter, I guess.

Did I mention that for $300 US I preordered the gun with 2 batteries and 4 mags?

Archived