SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just a quick question.

I've recently aquired a 2nd hand AA L85. However ive got two quarms.

First is there a mag issue with these guns? I can put mags in as such, however it requires a lot of force to insert it up through the well.

And 2nd whats the finishing like on these? Mine almost seems like its been resprayed.

Also to anyone whose intrested, I'll have a Real Steel B&T RIS system going up for nothing soon!

Hi guys, just a quick question.

I've recently aquired a 2nd hand AA L85. However ive got two quarms.

First is there a mag issue with these guns? I can put mags in as such, however it requires a lot of force to insert it up through the well.

And 2nd whats the finishing like on these? Mine almost seems like its been resprayed.

Also to anyone whose intrested, I'll have a Real Steel B&T RIS system going up for nothing soon!

It sounds like you have slightly incompatable mags.Have you tried other makes of magazine in the gun? The finish isn't brilliant,you have to spray the reciever inside & out with Silicone oil to avoid rusting {if used in wet weather}.The respray might be an attempt to stop the reciever rusting?

It sounds like you have slightly incompatable mags.Have you tried other makes of magazine in the gun? The finish isn't brilliant,you have to spray the reciever inside & out with Silicone oil to avoid rusting {if used in wet weather}.The respray might be an attempt to stop the reciever rusting?

I've used the one it came with (I presume army) which worked fine!

Classic Army hicaps and MAG midcaps don't fit though.

Thanks about the reciever rust, it was probally due to this, and I'll be honest it's hardly noticible. Also how much do you guys thing a B&T RIS slightly filed to fit airsoft guns would sell for?

I've used the one it came with (I presume army) which worked fine!

Classic Army hicaps and MAG midcaps don't fit though.

I found no problems with Classic Army Hi Caps & i use MAG Mid Caps & real caps all the time.I've even used Star & G&G Mags.I have King Arms mags but haven't tried them yet.

I recently bought a Magpul E mag {the one with the window & plain plastic body} & found it worked well in my gun even though it was a tight fit to begin with.

Other mags i can use include Dboys Hicaps & JG Hicaps.

Stupid question, but how do you change an R85 bolt to a2 and where do you get the parts? Cheers

Well i mailed G&G directly asking to buy the charging handle & grub screw.They responded & i recieved my part.Customs having kindly broken the charging handle off my R85 A1 so i needed to drill out the plate it was attached to & put a rivet in place on to which i fitted the charging handle.

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

First post and it's about L85s, imagine that...

But a little info about the gun, it started out as a G&G L85A2. It currently serves as my DMR and is almost completely upgraded. The only thing that is still stock in the gun is the gearbox shell and the cylinder.

That is a King Arms CASV that I have attached to the front, a VLTOR bypod, NC Star scope, and Magpul AFG.

if we"d kept the EM-2 , hay presto ! the modern version ! :D sorry mate think its fugly as hell BUT if you like it thats all that matters , can see you"ve put a lot of work in to it so well done (on the work that is ! :P )

Edited by druid799