Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

Some of the people I play airsoft with will yell at everyone to stop shooting when they need to reload. The way I see it, it is your own damn problem if you ran out of ammo and in a real life gunfight there would be no sympathy for the guy reloading. Makes sense right? I guess not, because I see people demand that the game wait for them to reload all the time.

Opinions?

:blink:

I hope there are at least a few responsible parents watching the children you're playing with. Just don't get caught, they're probably so far under age it wouldn't even be funny.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone yelled "Stop, I need to reload!" at my local field, here is what would happen:

1) Everyone would probably die laughing

2) Everyone on the field would rush that person (team-mate or not) and all unload on

them at the same time just to teach them a lesson.

If I played with someone that wants to hit pause when they have to reload, I would

definately find some new people to play with. What losers!

J Anderson

If someone yelled "Stop, I need to reload!" at my local field, here is what would happen:

1) Everyone would probably die laughing

2) Everyone on the field would rush that person (team-mate or not) and all unload on

them at the same time just to teach them a lesson.

If I played with someone that wants to hit pause when they have to reload, I would

definately find some new people to play with. What losers!

J Anderson

Direct, but true.

Dedicated airsofters would probably stop playing with that individual, or most likely just ignore his requests to pause the game, and use his requests as a signal that there is an easy target to be shot.

We used to do this in 'backyard wars'. We normally only had one mag each, and so it was etiquette to not shoot at someone whilst reloading. However, we didn't call 'hits' like you would at a skirmish; we just shot at eachother. It was a bit of fun, so the rule was reached amicably. If everyone bar you thinks being shot at whilst reloading is off, then apdapt dear boy.

However, once we all got AEG's, hi-caps and the rest of it, 'standard' rules applied.

My point is, you play with your mates, decide the rules; YOU are the marshalls :) We used to play funny old games, but with only 4-5 people, 1-hit rules would suck, so we adapted.

QFT.

:zorro:

That's a reason for me to use my MG3 and my revolvers. With my MG3, I will take down couple of guys at once regardless of reloading, shooting, and hiding. With the revolvers, I don't have to worry about exchanging magazines since I carry multiple Tanakas and Marushins. I use dual guns and just change my guns when I run out of ammo. I do use normal NBB/GBB guns, but I don't carry alot of magazines with me since my guns make up for that.

Now the ONLY time I would actually wait for someone to reload is if and the following conditions:

1) He is my team mate; I need him to reload to a new magazine and partner up with me to do specific tactics/strategies or backup. This way, I know he and I have full mags and can fight side-by-side.

2) He is the only person on the field in Battle Royale; For a fair fight as like a quick draw, I will let him reload and start a quick draw if he is the last one out and agrees on one.

Really, I would take advantage of anyone pausing on the field. If you need to reload, do it fast. It just takes practice to exchange magazines in a second. Or you can be on the move while reloading. The key is don't stop to reload. Be on the move. If you are a dual gunner, don't waste both guns at the same time. Keep one gun in your hand active while you replace a magazine in the other gun, then you can defend yourself at the same time when you are vulnerable. Practice to make exchanging magazine second nature to you without looking. Also, for AEGs with slings you can do this single handed so there is no reason to say "Don't Shoot, I'm Reloa..." You just have to use your brain on this. ;)

If someone is completely out of ammo, then I'd consider it good form to allow them to surrender.

If they just want me to wait whilst they change magazines, not a chance :)

QFT

I've had to surrender like that before <_< I didn't much like the prospect of an insanely upgraded M15A4 being unloaded at me from 3 feet away while having no ammo to defend myself with.

I'd only consider it if someone was outgunned because of financial reasons....if I'm on the field with my AEG and the poor guy is lobbing springer shots at me because they can't afford a GBB or AEG, then I'll probably give him a bit of a break. I wouldn't stop shooting whenever he had to reload or something, but I'd ease up on the trigger...a little. Maybe.

Archived