STAY CLEAR OF SAFARA SOFTAIR!

LoneWolf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not get that status involved? Might speed up the process a little. I don't think anybody wants to be in bad terms with high ranking officials.

I'd rather introduce them to two of my dear friends. One is 6"2, the other 6"5. Both bench 350lbs, and both are A-Stan SF veterans. Bless 'em.

Any ideas how I could use that status agains a airsoft store?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

yeesh, guys, it's not the end of the world, just chill out all of you.

Mike seriously, calm down, just get it returned and order from somewhere else.

Just bitching about it isn't going to solve anything except make yourself even more upset. They didn't steal your money, they gave you an older M4 PTW, so tell them you want your money back ASAP.

But seriously, getting worked up aint gonna solve anything.

Not that easy Titleist. Not that easy. Might still happen that they refund the money, but prior experiences to this one prove this is no obvious thing. I wouldn't have insisted myself on this if it was just any other shop. Point is that safarà is known to have done things in this exact same pattern before.

But I agree on being rational, like I told Mike.

Not that easy Titleist. Not that easy. Might still happen that they refund the money, but prior experiences to this one prove this is no obvious thing. I wouldn't have insisted myself on this if it was just any other shop. Point is that safarà is known to have done things in this exact same pattern before.

But I agree on being rational, like I told Mike.

*put's out torch*

RETURN TO YE VILLAGES GOOD PEOPLE, THAR SHALT BE NO TAR AND FEATHERING TONIGHT, YAR!! :(

This thread is not only a personal rant, but also a warning to other people, to stay away from Safara like from the plague.

Cheers,

Mike

If they have a track record of pulling that sort of thing then you either choose not to use them and shop elsewhere, or you use them with your eyes open to the idea that *beep* like this could well happen

eg if i got hit with that sort of problem from Redwolf/WGC id be a bit ###### at the hassle and surprised, but that sort of prob from a dealer whos already got a bad rep that i knew about?

The only way id even consider buying from them in that scenario is if i was sure i was covered - if i wasnt sure i could dig myself back out of the hole if the worst did occur then I wouldnt even entertain the idea of ordering from them.

email them but keep it non confrontational - mistakes can happen, I understand unfortunate misunderstanding yadda yadda not what i was after/not what was described to me i want a refund.

if they dont respond email them again acouple of days later and tell them as they havent got back to you your going to bypass them and contact your credit card firm to dispute the transaction.

Throughout that time phone them - if you do manage to get them on the phone go thru the whole shpeel again DO NOT allow them to phone you back - tell them you'll hold and stay on the line. Do not use a mobile use a fixed line.

If they get shirty and claim they never said it was a gen 3 (eg if you dont have it in email from them) point out that as your the son of diplomatic personel all your phone calls are recorded as a matter of course (for security purposes or whatever other BS you can come up with) and that you'll be more than happy to forward official copies of the tapes of the prior conversations to your credit card company if need be :) That should get them to see reason if nothing else does.

stevie

I always wondered why that systema M4 was so expensive... and then I actually bothered to find out: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r..._m16_review.htm

*fruitcage*-ing hell that's a nice gun

I can't believe they A) sold you the wrong one and B) scratched it up like that

If you can't get in contact with them I would seriously get in contact with your bank. Wonder if you can somehow get yourself a free M4? If the bank refunds the money and they wont answer the phone.... :P

Mike,

I am really sorry to hear about this turn of events and I must admit I feel kind of guilty for recommending them to you in the first place. I had not heard about their bad rep, as mentioned by Solo, since I've only been to their shop for bits and bobs and never ordered through the post.

If there is anything I might be able to help you with then just say so.

They certainly won't be getting my cash unless this gets ironed out to Mike's satisfaction, and maybe not even then!

Tom,

don't feel guilty. When dealing with Safarà in the shop, they're something else. This also came up to be part of "teh evil pattern".

So I already recevied a lenghty answer from Kumi, who basically will try and put some kind of pressure on them and certainly will contribute to the public shame Safarà has to deal with.

I don't even think Safarà was an authorized Systema dealer (which is why she won't be able to do much about it).

However it is clear that Mike will have to solve this mainly on his own, by contacting them and requesting an immediate refund (and shipping the rifle back to them) or by filling a complaint with the bank.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, as many of you keep sending PM's asking for updates (which I thank you all for) here is a update:

I have shipped the rifle to Safara Friday the 17'th. They should get it on the 20'th (Monday) I agreed to one thing and one thing only, a FULL & UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER RETURN OF FUNDS.

Cheers,

Mike

Dude,

First of all, *fruitcage* them. Go straight to your Credit Card Company. When you pull your money right out of their hands, it tends to make them want to listen to you and your demands quicker and more attentively. I.E. you will get what you want faster.

Second of all, *fruitcage* them again.

J Anderson

Dude,

First of all, *fruitcage* them. Go straight to your Credit Card Company. When you pull your money right out of their hands, it tends to make them want to listen to you and your demands quicker and more attentively. I.E. you will get what you want faster.

Second of all, *fruitcage* them again.

J Anderson

Agreed. Just do that. I mean you have the right ,and as long as you are sure you that they have recieved your parcel (recorded delivery of some sort) then just do it.

the frickin' lot can go to telly tubbie land, they deserve some *fruitcage* loving!

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Update time guys.

Good news and bad news.

-Good news is that I got a cheque from Safara, along with a gift. A KSC Glock 17! Woot! (I wonder who won't be getting their Glock from Safara :P)

-Bad news is that the cheque is worthless. I cannot cash it since they messed it up. To cash a cheque here, I have to have a bank account to which the money is transfered, I told Safara I do not have a Italian bank account. I could have gotten a friend to take the money off the cheque with my written permission but Safara marked the cheque as "non transferable". ###### eggs :(

Cheers,

Mike

Archived