Top 5 Movie Weapons

Born2BeMild

The guy with the minigun is Rhino-lookalike Blaine, played by Jesse Ventura. So manly, he can carry a mini-gun, batteries and several thousand rounds of 7.62mm in jungle heat. Given that the M134a can fire up to 6000 rpm (IIRC), anyone fancy calculating how many rounds he must of been carrying?

The M134 - GAU 2A/B carried by Ventura and also fired by actor Bill Duke ("Mac") (see photos) was modified to fire only 2,000 rpm by changing the solenoid and using 12 volt batteries instead of the usual 24-28 volts. Blanks were used. If you noticed, they never moved and shot at the same time...as the battery wires were hidden under/behind clothing and the batteries were placed off camera. The ammo can holds 750 rounds but was only loaded with a couple hundred at a time.

The original shooting minigun was auctioned off when the owner of the prop shop retired. Long Mountain Outfitters (LMO) handled the sale. Orig. price was $275,000.00 and that was years ago. The very same gun was modified again (top bar cut off, cross tubular grab bar welded on, M60 front grip removed, some cosmetics changes, etc.) and used by Arnie in T2 (see photo).

post-2100-1105123701_thumb.jpg

post-2100-1105124096_thumb.jpg

post-2100-1105124612_thumb.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we've all seen the Predator Anniversary DVD by now, but the Ol' Painless special feature is still a damn good watch.

In his defence, John McTiernan knew how ludicrous the minigun was, but it's been nearly 20 years and we're still all talking about it! That's the magic of Hollywood :D

there was a webby with details on this gun. They concluded that A)if jesse the ex wrestler could carry that thing, the ammo would only last for under 3seconds, and which most of that time they would be propelling him through the air.

When the gun was fired, there was a battery on the floor, ammo stored elsewhere, and the stunt man had to wear kevlar to stop getting hit.

THERE'S A REASON THESE THINGS ARE ON HELICOPTERS!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ah, i know this is a bit of an old thread, but i just remembered a really cool weapon

the rolled up magazine from Bourne Supremacy

man i laughed so hard watching that

oh also Buddy's 1957 hollow-body six string guitar with the samurai sword strapped to the back, from "Six String Samurai"... hehehe, that was a strange movie

I can't believe it...

The Duo-Tone Desert Eagle from "Snatch". I love that gun!

Also, the opposite duo tone Desert Eagles from Boondock Saints. They have the hammer and sickle in gold on the front too!

" You have 'replica' printed down the sides of your guns, and I have 'Desert Eagle, point five owe' written down mine..." or something like that.

-Kevin

^cRYpTic^

1. The M590's (I think) from Space:Above and Beyond, complete with thermal see-through-walls sights.

2. The carbine (some kind of HK I believe) that Al Pacino used in the bank robbery shoot-out in Heat.

3. The kewl USP's with the mini-video/monitors attached that they used in the TV series Ultraviolet. For those who've not seen it, the good guys are government vampire hunters. They use video cameras to spot the vamps (vamps can't be seen in mirrors, cameras have mirrors), and then use carbon-tipped rounds to take em out.

4. The MG42's from any WW2 movie, purely for the ripping-fabric sound they make when they fire (1200 rounds per minute! Das ist gut, ja?)

5. The Japanese swords they use in Kill Bill, Equilibrium etc. I think the short ones are called Wakizashis, the regular ones katanas, and the reeeallly long ones are No-dachis. Or something.

sharpes rifle (dunno what it is tho)

Think that's the Baker muzzle-loading rifle. It'll atke the better part of a minute to load, but I think if fires something like a .68 caliber ball......that's gonna hurt.....

I can't believe it...

The Duo-Tone Desert Eagle from "Snatch".  I love that gun! 

Also, the opposite duo tone Desert Eagles from Boondock Saints.  They have the hammer and sickle in gold on the front too!

" You have 'replica' printed down the sides of your guns, and I have 'Desert Eagle, point five owe' written down mine..." or something like that.

-Kevin

^cRYpTic^

Aye, the soveit desert eagles were rightous

• 3 months later...

I'm not a James bond freak but...

AK74u, soviet tank, and ballpointpen "3clicks activates it..." -- Golden Eye

.22 colapasable silenced sniper rifle with infra-red scope -- From Russia with Love

Walter 2000 with night vision scope -- forgot which bond movie that was...

Spike's Jericho

Jet's P226

Faye's Glock

Vincent's 6" Black SV

the Black M14s? and the scopeless Walther 2000 in EQ

5.  Lightsabers <-Not licensed, but custom made, fully machined, the blades glow, and you can spar with them despite the disclaimer.

I like Master Replicas lightsabers better. Has motion sensor which has 5 digitally installed sounds. That means when you swing, it plays the swinging sound, hit somthing, makes the eletricity sound. Also more advertised than Park Sabers, in Popular Science and GamePro and actually endorsed by LUCASFILM LTD.™ :D Cheaper too. :money:

In order of favouritism:

The swivel grenade launcher on the Tar21/Famas in Battle Royale 2.

Mercutio's skeleton grip/mag Beretta in Romeo+Juliet.

The Hasselblad Sniper Rifle in The Living Daylights/Licence to Kill (I can't remember which).

The Beretta M93 variant from Underworld.

The minigun from Predator.

I'm not a James bond freak but...

AK74u, soviet tank, and ballpointpen "3clicks activates it..." -- Golden Eye

.22 colapasable silenced sniper rifle with infra-red scope -- From Russia with Love

Walter 2000 with night vision scope -- forgot which bond movie that was...

Well I am a Bond Freak. The collapsible .22 rifle was the Armalite AR7 Survival Rifle designed for downed USAF Pilots. It dissasembled into the stock and would float while in that state. Their was no place in the stock for a scope or silencer, these where not part of the original design. This weapon was later ( and as far as I know still is ) made buy Charter Arms. I used to own the Explorer II Pistol version, which was used in one of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. films.

The Walther 2000 was used buy Timothy Dalton in "The Living Daylights".

The Berettas from Underwoeld are not 93Rs, but full auto converted 92Fs.

The 93R has a different slide and trigger guard, and is wider than the 92F.

I didn't call them M93r's, I called them M93 variants. If memory serves they are M92's with teh drop in M93 internals, which meant the armourer refered it to them as M93's, but with no mention of the 'r'. I think (and I haven't watched the extras for a while) he called them a M93 with M92 externals, but don't hold me to it.

all the guns in the movie micheal collins

its a movie about the early IRA i had to watch for history class and it had a shed load of faithfully created ww1 era guns in it even an armoured car with two hotchkiss light machine guns

hear is a list of all the guns i could pick out

Lee-Enfield .303 bolt action rifle

Lewis .303 light machine gun

Vickers .303 heavy machine gun

webley revolvers

Sten SMG's (but these werent made untill 1944 and the movie is set between 1916 and 1921 :blink: )

Thompson

colt 1911's

and the itlalian pistol with the box magazine forward of the triger guard i cant remember its name though

Lol there's a movie about Micheal Collins, defiantly going to see that.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly to me has the best weapons by far. Except no Colt SAAs because they weren't made yet :( For a Few Dollars More has em though, but its not as great of a film.

e68c6c53.gif

• 8 months later...

1. Walther PPK -(James Bond )can't beat an original!

2. Beretta M-92 -US military side arm any newer war movie (i actually fell in love with it because of that spy comedy Johnny English)

3. P-90- Stargate SG-1

4. M1 Garland- Saving Private Ryan

5. Lee Enfield .303 WW1 Bolt Action i just like them but ..... from blackadder

Archived