Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this weird pack I got at a surplus store a long time ago. It has what looks like German Y-Straps that connect to the pack. but it has 2 extra unused clips at the bottom and 1 at the top of the leather Y-strap. If anyone could tell me what it was I'd give you a plus one.

P3310074.jpg

P3310075.jpg

P3310076.jpg

P3310077.jpg

EDIT: Please ignore the plastic bag in those pics

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Picture032.jpg

OD Guarder HSGI Weesatch repro, Maxpedition Rolypoly, Bianchi M12 Holster, HSGI OD enhanced shoulder pads, admin pouch w/ assorted velcro patches (my personal favorite is the claymore-shaped patch "front toward enemy"), on the back there's a SOtech hydration carrier and Camelbak 3L bladder.

The Crunchy Bunny,

The Y-strap you have is basically a post war copy(genuine-West German) of the German WW2 Y-strap(leather or canvas) .

They work in the same manner as US Alice y-staps in that the two combi straps go down your front and the leather strap goes down the centre of your back. The three 'hooks', on the end of two of the webbing straps and the leather strap, then hook onto the bottom edge of your belt from the inside, be that a leather or canvas belt.

Now the clips and, longer, spare canvas straps are to connect to either a lightweight A-frame or larger Ruck type sack. Obviously whatever you wear on your back it isn't to be worn in the conventional manner because that is what the extra attachments are for on the Y-strap.

On the top edge of the rucksack there should be some clips that attach to the shoulder brackets/clips(which you've sort of got right). Then the two spare canvas straps go down and around, under your arms, and attach to the lower corners of the rucksack.

Rucksack and load bearing equipment are all designed to be one component and put on, taken off as one.

Got it?

Edited by Tommygunn

Oh dang! Matt just handed out the ownage. Nice one. Matt, your gear has vastly improved. Bunny, are you serious that you have been playing 4 years or wth ever you said? How about some more SWAT pictures for us Matt, I bet you have some new stuff since you posted pix last.

Oh dang! Matt just handed out the ownage. Nice one. Matt, your gear has vastly improved. Bunny, are you serious that you have been playing 4 years or wth ever you said? How about some more SWAT pictures for us Matt, I bet you have some new stuff since you posted pix last.

I've got a few more things going, but they're only on the way. I've been borked the last few weeks. :( I should be getting soon:

-woodland BDU's

-Black PASGT with Woodland cover

-BHI P90 single point sling (on the way!)

-tightbore for my P90

-CYMA G18c

-MP 001

That, of course, will proably not be completed before school starts in September. :rolleyes: $10 a week can't do much...

As a WWII reenactor, everything you said made me a cry a little.

I know, I know. I said replica WWII german loadout.