Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd look a BIT odd. I dunno, m203 + silencer seems a bit contradictory. M203's aren't exactly whisper soft.

Then again, spec ops who silence weapons DO carry frag grenades, so I could be wrong in my judgement.

Well the silencer is there to keep them quiet. But when the poo hits the fan, thats what the 203 for.

I think generally a suppressor is used to mask your position, not so much to keep you undetected. The noise it makes is harder to pinpoint location from...

The firing mechanism of a 203 isn't TOoooo loud, I don't believe. It's the 203 exploading that would be making the noise...

BTW...203s could be really loud, I don't really know. Haha

Thanks for the interests guys. It's actually a combination of 2 RIS. The central one is a standard aftermarket metal RIS, and the front end is an old, extensively modified WELL springer RIS. Mods include raising the top rail's height, and cutting the rail to fit it on.

I think generally a suppressor is used to mask your position, not so much to keep you undetected. The noise it makes is harder to pinpoint location from...

I'm assuming he's going to get Knight's suppressor...I've never used one but I do own a SD6 (I won't post a pic of it, but Titlest has seen me with it :) - off topic, i know HK has a great deal of problems but the 9mm MP5 subgun is BY FAR the finest subgun I have EVER owned...true, I haven't owned many). The integrated suppressor is a thing of beauty, it eliminates 95% of the muzzle flash on burst and full auto. The biggest advantage is the level of noise reduction to benefit the operator. If you ever fired a weapon in an indoor range it is absolute murder on your ears (even a 9mm blue blazer on full auto will leave you VERY disoriented) and will keep your head ringing for hours. It reduces the noise to a managable level (kind of like a loud thud) where you are comfortable w/o ear protection, but won't hide your position...not even a little. Now subsonic pistols is a different story.

So I'm guessing an operator who happens to have an M203 uses his weapon in an enclosed space, it won't be odd at all for him/her to have a suppressor handy.

Edited by LeMongelo
I'm assuming he's going to get Knight's suppressor...I've never used one but I do own a SD6 (I won't post a pic of it, but Titlest has seen me with it  :) - off topic, i know HK has a great deal of problems but the 9mm MP5 subgun is BY FAR the finest subgun I have EVER owned...true, I haven't owned many).  The integrated suppressor is a thing of beauty, it eliminates 95% of the muzzle flash on burst and full auto. The biggest advantage is the level of noise reduction to benefit the operator. If you ever fired a weapon in an indoor range it is absolute murder on your ears (even a 9mm blue blazer on full auto will leave you VERY disoriented) and will keep your head ringing for hours. It reduces the noise to a managable level (kind of like a loud thud) where you are comfortable w/o ear protection, but won't hide your position...not even a little. Now subsonic pistols is a different story.

So I'm guessing an operator who happens to have an M203 uses his weapon in an enclosed space, it won't be odd at all for him/her to have a suppressor handy.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. Good to hear from someone with actual experience

Whoa! First to post :D

CIMG1776.jpg

would you happen to have anymore pics of this gun? I was thinking about putting an aimpoint w/ L-mount and riser on just like that

i have a CA CQBr.. would the stock sights line up w/ the aimpoint on riser and L-mount like that? in other words, is a Riser w/ an L-mount on top the same height as just a cantilever mount? thanks =P

Aye, just stick some blue masking tape over the lenses and paint away.

And very nice Scooberoo. Even nicer would be the full bottom railed handguard with a Madbull or other RIS launcher on there. It looks a tad odd with the M203 like that.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher
would you happen to have anymore pics of this gun? I was thinking about putting an aimpoint w/ L-mount and riser on just like that

i have a CA CQBr.. would the stock sights line up w/ the aimpoint on riser and L-mount like that? in other words, is a Riser w/ an L-mount on top the same height as just a cantilever mount? thanks =P

Do yourself a favor and buy this (you don't have to get it from this site)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1476

you'll have yourself one accurate looking replica if you that, I have one and it clears the front and rear sites perfectly. It's a replica of the real one used by a lot of people with real guns, such as NAVY SEALs.

Do yourself a favor and buy this (you don't have to get it from this site)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1476

you'll have yourself one accurate looking replica if you that, I have one and it clears the front and rear sites perfectly.  It's a replica of the real one used by a lot of people with real guns, such as NAVY SEALs.

Yup, i have the same one, great mount. Same ones we use in the Military (the real one, not the replica obviously)