Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PMC M4

I've seen a lot of Micro/Patriot/Kitty Kat M4's using free-float tubes but not one with a RAS. Here's my take on a PMC M4. I got the idea from Chameleon Shop in Japan and recent ARMS mags. I'm gonna stick an EOTech 512 and Surefire M951 for actual use.

As for the tan, it's the current color we are using in the active war. Also to show support for the troopsPMCM4.jpg[/img]. . .

Edited by Hispeed1
Hey Carlaaan, one more question... A friend of mine who's also into custom Diemaco replicas, claims C7A2 have been shortened, and came up with a website to back that up... the article said something about A2s being front-heavy and thus being refitted with shorter barrels.

What was in the photos looked like Diemaco SFWs to me. I don't think Diemaco would manufacture the SAME THING under two different designations. And their website shows the normal, long C7A2.

So what's the truth, because I'm totally confused now...

This is true. In Afghanistan as part of the C7A2 "upgrade" 16inch barrels were issued instead of the 20inch standard barrel. Troops often complain that the A2 is front heavy because of the triad mount on the front barrel. Everything has to be mounted near the front sight (AN/PEQ-2, Flashlights, etc) I don't know if every single A2 is a 16inch barrel right now, but it has been used. It may still be in use as troops liked it, it made the weapon more maneuverable and did not significantly affect range.

That mini-RAS looks wicked. Although I think the stock makes the rifle a little unbalanced, overall it looks great.

Yeah-I know. The STAR Clubfoot modstock is a little longer than the real one to accomodate batteries. I personally prefer Crane stocks because of the great cheek weld, but I was going for a certain look. Thanks.

Yeah-I know.  The STAR Clubfoot modstock is a little longer than the real one to accomodate batteries.  I personally prefer Crane stocks because of the great cheek weld, but I was going for a certain look.  Thanks.

You mean the VLtor stock?

Hey man, nice Kitty CAt, Ive only seen one real one with an RAS being used by a company called CMMG, cool beans man.

Oh my,  :blink:

What have you done to it! Seeing as how I am no longer on ASR, I had no idea that had happened... I miss the RAS <=(

I think Souske was going for a C7A2? It's hard to replicate - I've never seen a real TRI-AD mount. I'm not even sure if they are available to the public. Nevertheless, it looks good enough to me.

Oh my,  :blink:

What have you done to it! Seeing as how I am no longer on ASR, I had no idea that had happened... I miss the RAS <=(

Don't worry, the RAS is still here. I just finished repairing one of my buddy's M16, and I threw on the front end to see what it's like. Like what LeMongelo said, it's kind of like a Canadian C7.

I have since returned the M16, so my M4 barrel and RIS has since been returned back to the carbine. :D

I think Souske was going for a C7A2? It's hard to replicate - I've never seen a real TRI-AD mount. I'm not even sure if they are available to the public. Nevertheless, it looks good enough to me.

Indeed, they are quite hard to get, only way i've found would be to buy a real C7/C8. However there are tri-rails systems that look a bit like it. I built a C7A2 myself, and it was pretty easy... A teammate also made one, but he had some issues, because it was based on ICS ######. :P

Indeed, they are quite hard to get, only way i've found would be to buy a real C7/C8.  However there are tri-rails systems that look a bit like it.  I built a C7A2 myself, and it was pretty easy...  A teammate also made one, but he had some issues, because it was based on ICS ######.  :P

I guess it's those little things that bother me...it's easy to make something look like it but little details like receiver markings (I've never seen an airsoft C7A2 receiver, I've only seen C8's so far - I could be wrong) and foregrips bug me. Whatever... :)

Well, you would have to make a custom engraving, which is not really hard either if you have the talent or money. The markings and TRIAD where the only things not exactly like the C7A2 on both my and my teammate rifles. Atleast that's what a Cpl/c from the CF told me :P

Well, you would have to make a custom engraving, which is not really hard either if you have the talent or money.  The markings and TRIAD where the only things not exactly like the C7A2 on both my and my teammate rifles.  Atleast that's what a Cpl/c from the CF told me  :P

:cough: :cough: far from perfect, but... I guess it kinda shows custom engraving is no big deal. I just traced it first in pencil and then had my way with a sharp precision screwdriver... (CA aluminum receiver)

dsc0015dv7.jpg

:cough: :cough: far from perfect, but... I guess it kinda shows custom engraving is no big deal. I just traced it first in pencil and then had my way with a sharp precision screwdriver... (CA aluminum receiver)

It looks good.

With all due respect engraving is NOT easy. The blank Guarder receivers were difficult to do, even in the hands of a pro...it did not come out the way I like it. It does depned on how intracte a design you want. It was easier to make a custom lower receiver.

Here's some of my work. This is a custom airsoft LMT Defender 2000 lower:

DSCF0011.jpg

Edit...sorry pics old & kinda fuzzy. The rec markings are very sharp. I'll post pics when the project's done.

Edited by LeMongelo
Suppose Ill add my new toy:

Bottom is my G&P AR15 model 02

Top is my new G&P M16A1  :D

That looks really nice! I really like the look of the old sporter rifles. This is why I HATE G&P receivers and tell people not to get them. The seam between the upper and lower makes a big gap - I've seen that so many times when I work with G&P bodies.

It's probably not that bad, the flash is reflecting off of the gear box and makes it look worse. Nevertheless, shame on G&P for the poor quality control. When u use it in the field, you might want to tape it so debris won't get inside it.

Again, nice work! :)

Edited by LeMongelo

Its not really a quality control thing its just the way they are designed, and IMO G&P are by far the best armalite bodies :D The gap doesnt show in real life on my rifles, its just the flash ... however I have coloured the gearbox casing in black now so should be even harder to see :D Ill get some new pics in the morning.

Yes the original ar15 + m16 are lovely, classics - no bolt on ###### :D

namish.jpg

Edited by M^tt
Its not really a quality control thing its just the way they are designed, and IMO G&P are by far the best armalite bodies  :D The gap doesnt show in real life on my rifles, its just the flash ... however I have coloured the gearbox casing in black now so should be even harder to see  :D Ill get some new pics in the morning.

Yes the original ar15 + m16 are lovely, classics - no bolt on ######  :D

I really like the bayonets. Real, i.e. sharp, or fake? Where did you get them from?