Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still needs some love to work properly... (and higher scoperings)

but here is a little pic of it.

Sry for the bad pic, my camera REALLY sucks.  <_<

DSC01123.jpg

Nice concept :) My only suggestion would be to replace the current pistol grip with the standard Armalite grip in either black or tan color.

do you mount M203's without the heatshield??

Official Diemaco photos:

c7m203b.jpg

c7m203a.jpg

Looks like the lower handguard is still there - how is the launcher attached then, I have no idea. I guess the handguard is cut up to let the launcher mounts through... but I don't want to mess up ours.

I did, however, see a photo of a C7 (early M16A1-style carrying handle) with that "normal" M16/M203 heatshield. Whether it was supposed to be that way or did that soldier obtain that part from their U.S. allies, I have no idea. Heh, I've seen our troops in Iraq install a pistol-gripped wooden AIM handguard on an M96 Beryl rifle... eww...

Hmm... if I don't sell the M203 to my buddy who was interested in it, I guess I'll cannibalize a handguard from a cheapass M16 springer for the M203 compatible lower part :)

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/diemaco/1b-1rcr.jpg

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/diemaco/c7_cad7.jpg

Edited by jonboy2312
What I don't understand is why people are painting their armalites tan. I mean, i guess it looks cool, but c'mon, who plays airsoft in a desert?

Well if you're going off on that, why do people buy desert camo? Why buy tan gear?

Oh noes, it no sense am making

:rolleyes:

Who cares? If people want tan Armalites, it's there choice

Edited by dannyboy
What I don't understand is why people are painting their armalites tan. I mean, i guess it looks cool, but c'mon, who plays airsoft in a desert?

People who live in Southern California or Texas, rather than Chicago, Illinois.

:nosleep:

Looks like the lower handguard is still there - how is the launcher attached then, I have no idea. I guess the handguard is cut up to let the launcher mounts through... but I don't want to mess up ours.

I did, however, see a photo of a C7 (early M16A1-style carrying handle) with that "normal" M16/M203 heatshield. Whether it was supposed to be that way or did that soldier obtain that part from their U.S. allies, I have no idea. Heh, I've seen our troops in Iraq install a pistol-gripped wooden AIM handguard on an M96 Beryl rifle... eww...

Hmm... if I don't sell the M203 to my buddy who was interested in it, I guess I'll cannibalize a handguard from a cheapass M16 springer for the M203 compatible lower part :)

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/diemaco/1b-1rcr.jpg

http://www.gun-world.net/usa/m16/diemaco/c7_cad7.jpg

It's a special mount, probably uses the vents in the heatshield. You probably saw a C7. The C7A1 and A2 both don't have fixed carry handles. Diemaco rifles can't use the U.S. barrel mount because we have a different barrel more suitable for winter conditions.

Go for the C7A2, looks much better, it's what we use in Afghanistan now.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?PHP...ttach=786;image

(The one in the middle)

Edited by carlaaan
Go for the C7A2, looks much better, it's what we use in Afghanistan now.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?PHP...ttach=786;image

(The one in the middle)

Well, that was the original plan, but we abandoned it after the cables got totally cut up and torn for like the 100th time. i made a vow never to have a baterry in the foregrip again :) That means - fixed stock, and that means A1.

I still think about A2 sometimes, with a mag pouch on the stock that would hold the battery. However, maybe it's just me, but an A2 with iron sights looks plain wrong, IMHO... we'd need to get an Elcan or at least a cheap ACOG, but that's still rather expensive... donations or freebies anyone? :(

Hey Carlaaan, one more question... A friend of mine who's also into custom Diemaco replicas, claims C7A2 have been shortened, and came up with a website to back that up... the article said something about A2s being front-heavy and thus being refitted with shorter barrels.

What was in the photos looked like Diemaco SFWs to me. I don't think Diemaco would manufacture the SAME THING under two different designations. And their website shows the normal, long C7A2.

So what's the truth, because I'm totally confused now...

Why do people wear woodland?

Yes, i understand that, im not stupid. Tan looks cool, go ahead and put tan all over yourself, you'd be amazed on how much easier you'll be spotted.

You are aware, not everyone lives in chicago, and that people ACTUALLY play in a desert environment, such as So. Cal. If you should wear woodland in So. Cal, then u can quote me saying "you'd be amazed on how much easier you'll be spotted".

Edited by mrblah
Yes, i understand that, im not stupid. Tan looks cool, go ahead and put tan all over yourself, you'd be amazed on how much easier you'll be spotted.

I'm gonna spray my rifle tan, but thats because I only use in cqb where camo doesn't matter, and I think it looks cool, which is what matters really.

I'm gonna spray my rifle tan, but thats because  I only use in cqb where camo doesn't matter, and I think it looks cool, which is what matters really.

True, but even more importantly a lot of airsofters actually care about re-enactment. if they want to go for the BHD-era desert Rangers, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom or whatever desert look - it's cool! They do that for the same reason as other people who, for instance, wear Vietnam gear with M14's or M16VNs. Why, if there are modern M4A1s with RIS wrapped all around them, ACOGs, Aimpoints, Eotechs... it's for the FEEL! Airsofting, IMHO, is a hobby we do for FUN. We PLAY. And if we want to play Vietnam or Desert Storm or the Battle of Mogadishu, then that's what we want to do and comments such as Marine47 made are... baseless, off the point, almost rude :(

62832888.U8mQHrEg._MG_6076.jpg

Picture taken by Iceman

Picture taken over here in Quebec, on his pbase you can see the entire environement of that field.

So yeah, pretty much ANYone can play in a desert environement... even in places where it's -40 degree celcius in winter with a couple of feets of snow. (not DURING winter of course ;) )

How about people who live out in the Mid-West or Arizona...New Mexico...Southern Cali...surely you realize there are places that arent green pastures in the world.