New Marui AEG !

airsoft-collector

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the AUG was actually TMs first production full metal AEG- it just doesn't have a lot of metal in real life :)

but if the type 89 is the first marui aeg with a LOT of metal body (I think japanese law prohibits the sale of full metal guns that have a certain percentage of surface area metal- hence the AUG, VSR and M14 can be full metal, whereas the AK wasn't, even though they went to the bother of making the lower receiver metal anyway), then I can have it having a certain cache with collectors and players alike.

I have said before that the laws are on hand guns not assualt rifles, It's one of those odd laws in Japan. Before anyone starts crying out that Western Arms is Japanese, think again! It's actually Korean!!! Just the HQ is in Japan.

I believe I've stated previously: I don't care. I mean, what difference does it make? TM generally don't make full metal guns. Does it make a difference why? If it was because the evil pixie goblins told them not to, would that be better than it being because there was a law?

:zorro:

I guess that depends on ones definition of "metal bodied". Personally, while they do indeed have metal receivers, the bodies are plastic so I wouldn't consider them "metal bodied". To each his own I guess :)

I'm going to ignore the VSR10, since it's a made up gun.

The M14, however, has all the metal parts that should be metal. The reciever is the body. The stock isn't supposed to be metal, so I don't see how the M14 could be any more metal "bodied" than it is.

And yes, like someone else has said, the AUG is the first production AEG from TM that can be considered metal bodied.

The reason why TM never made metal bodied AEGs is because they never had competition. Now they do. It's capitalism for ya.

I don't know if this is known yet, I've been gone for a while, but some pix on a model site show the Type 89. The receiver is indeed metal, but the battery is in the foregrip. The stock seems like an obviuos place for the battery, so I don't know why they chose to put it in front.

http://www.geocities.jp/hobbyshows/japan/shizuoka/gun/6.jpg

Version 8 gearbox too.

that IS a really sexeh looking gun, now I look at it more... Shame about the stick battery, wonder what possessed them to do that?

Still, if TM have done the same for this ones hop up as they did for the m14, this could be a serious bit of kit for anyone fancying being more than a little different...

Archived