Shizouka Hobby Show

FarEast

Do you know if they'll make new M16 mags that feed all the rounds? Or any other mags for that matter?

Have you held the KSC m1911 yet? (I know it wasn't at the show, but you might of somewhere else) If you have, how does the TM compare?

Give me a few days on that one and i will answer it as the KSC should of hit the shops here over the weekend.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks mate, my suspicion is that the KSC will be better.

Just out of interest, how did they manage to get 26 rounds in that mag, in single stack? :huh:

Edit: Unless you were just saying the mag is single stack and the BBs are in double stack formation?

Still no news on the L85A1.

Great write-up! Is there any basis to these rumours about a TM L85? Cos I read the thread you started about questions for the TM reps and someone asked you to ask about one.

excellent pics far east! thanks!

and yes, I agree the M14 qualifies as the first all metal gun, especially the od stock version.

but nice to see they are continuing the trend!

For that matter you could also say that VSR series was "full metal" also. Bolt-action though...

Fareast, if you weren’t married and a man, I would marry you.

I'd also like to add that the M1911a1 being ALL-plastic is a bit disappointing. I was hoping that at least the frame would be metal like the TM hi-capa 5.1.

Ok in response to the questions you guys put forward:

when they are going to release the M1911A1

The Tokyo Marui M1911A1 will be released before the 25th June 2006

tell us how it feels

Nice feel to it, but it feels way to light. The Blow back is excellent!

1: When is the expected release date for the Vz. 61 AEP (and the TMP and Mac 10, Vz. 61 most importantly though)

Tokyo Marui sepculate that we will not be seeing these until next year.

2: what is the expected release price of the Vz. 61 AEP (and the other two)

Same recommened retail price as the MP7A1. Although depending on retailer these can be picked up for as little as ¥17,000 JPY or £81.00GBP

3: Will the power of the new AEPs be better than that of the MP7 and the two pistols?

They are working on improving the performance of the AESMG's but not the AEP's. But they will share the same internals as the MP7A1

4: How does the Version 8 gearbox differ from the Version 3 gearbox?

Version 8 gear box has a mechanical 3 round burst function, with the ability to fire Semi Auto, 3 Round burst and Fully Auto. This gear box has been test and improved so not to cause jamming. It also uses a hybrid EG1000BT motor that can take the strain caused by the new type gear box.

maruzuen GBB mp7 or ump is there?

Maruzen, KSC and other Japanese manufacturers were not there as they do not have the PR budget that TM has.

Is a stock planned for the TMP?

TM will be releasing a TMP without the stock, they have no plans yet to make one.

Will the TMP be able to use a full magazine like the MP7 or require a partial stick magazine like the extended mags for the Glock and M93?

All the TM AESMG's will take full magazines like the MP7A1

Will the TMP be modified later for a B&T MP9?

No plans so far.

Well, that's a nice read on the T89. Did the reps saying anything else about other full metals guns, or going back and making some of the old guns that were plastic and going FMU out of the box? Plus, did they also say anything about making some guns that aren't full auto in real life 3 round burst?

(Punctuation added by elrey to make this post readable.)

Fareast, if you weren’t married and a man, I would marry you.

I'd also like to add that the M1911a1 being ALL-plastic is a bit disappointing. I was hoping that at least the frame would be metal like the TM hi-capa 5.1.

while the frame may be (pot) metal, the grip and slide of the TM 4.3 and 5.1 are still both plastic/abs.

The M1911 frame encompasses dust cover to hammer area. From slide rails to base of the grip.

I am trying to think of even WA releasing a M1911 with those features, cos I know* that KSC has not.

My thought will be how it will differ from the real M1911A1 in reguards to the barrel/slide stop linkage area, and simple it will be to pull apart. :)

AND!!! if they will have got that accursed grip safety working correctly!

The barrel length will probably be about the same as the TM 5.1 correct?

This in conjunction with the narrower slide could make this a damned rapid firing replica, with some grunty power even on 134a. Mint!

*Know in this instance is a number between 1 and 100 :P

Either way.. mega envy there Far_east. :)

Well, that's a nice read on the T89. Did the reps saying anything else about other full metals guns, or going back and making some of the old guns that were plastic and going FMU out of the box? Plus, did they also say anything about making some guns that aren't full auto in real life 3 round burst?

(Punctuation added by elrey to make this post readable.)

No i don't think they will be coverting thier range to full metal bodies nor upgrading weapons as this will take time away from releasing the new range of weapons. Rember TM only has one production line.

As for the gear box I'd like to take a look at it to see if it fits into other weapons.

Very nice write up FarEast, I'll probably pick up a few of the T89 mags for my M15. Unless I can find the T89 for a cheaper price, I probably wont picking one up, $440 is too rich for my blood. On another note, what did the other companies such as CA and ICS have there? I'm still waiting for the B&T MP5A4 from CA all I can find is the MP5's with G3 type grips.

Very nice write up FarEast, I'll probably pick up a few of the T89 mags for my M15. Unless I can find the T89 for a cheaper price, I probably wont picking one up, $440 is too rich for my blood. On another note, what did the other companies such as CA and ICS have there? I'm still waiting for the B&T MP5A4 from CA all I can find is the MP5's with G3 type grips.

ICS and CA aren't Japanese.

Archived