Doctor Who Latest Episode...

MDK_Marshal

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were they not using P90s in todays episode?

Yes. While sitting next door to a black hole, on a planet supposedly being used as Satan's prison.

I think I can suspend disbelief enough to accept that they were using aeons old firearms, under the circumstances.

They look furutistic. Isn't that enough?

There's a saying that I like to use for these kinds of situations. It has to be modified a bit for this one (as it's to do with TV, not music), But...

"You know the best way to annoy someone who over-analyses television?"

"No, what?"

"Actualy enjoy TV Shows."

I'll be honest, there seems to be a teeny resemblance to this weeks episode and Doom. Not think?

I say bring back the Yeti and the Great Intelligence, The Master, the Celestial Toymaker and Sabalom Glitz....

*Blank looks*

"Meh! Peasants!"

aaah ######. I wasn't home and missed friday's episode. It seems that it was pretty good if it warranted a thread. I'll have to find it on the internet or something. I wish I had more than just BBC America to rely on.

Anyway Satan doesn't live in some little rock in space. He's in a box under my bed :diablo:

We all know whats under you bed in a box and its filth, pure filth......can i have some

I'll be honest, there seems to be a teeny resemblance to this weeks episode and Doom. Not think?

I though at the beginning it resembled Event Horizon.

With all the light flickering off and the voices, black holes, si-fi surrounding, people being possessed and going out airlocks without space suits, references to hell.... hang on, this thing is just Event Horizon on a rock rather than in a space ship!! . . . Still good though

That's EXACTLY what I blurted out!!!! :D:D

Even some of the hatch noises earlier on, made the very same sounds as the doors in the original Doom, but the story is more like Doom 3

I say bring back the Yeti and the Great Intelligence, The Master, the Celestial Toymaker and Sabalom Glitz....

*Blank looks*

"Meh! Peasants!"

And I DO know what you're talking about there! I'm not a peasant! :angry::P

I think it's nice that they're starting to veer away from excessive CGI - call me an ultra-traditionalist conservative, but I much preferred the men-in-suit method of the original Dr Who.

QFT

Cant wait till next weak...... i am getting the shakes allready......

....must.....watch......dr who.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the striking similarities to both Event Horizon and DOOM. Also, as pointed out, the door noises from DOOM being used for the "electrics failing" bits in this episode made me chuckle.

All in all, a good episode. Much better than the others in this series so far (with the exception of The Girl in the Fireplace) and it actually had a decent cliffhanger.

I do wish they'd stop using the "Oh *beep*, something critically bad has happened to the TARDIS" plot excuse though - it was used in Rise of the Cybermen too for Pete's sake.

QFT

Cant wait till next weak...... i am getting the shakes allready......

....must.....watch......dr who.....

Yeah, good to see some cliff hanger endings again.

Dr Who used to be ALL about cliffhangers, but the single episode prevents that and leads to some decidedly 'Star-Trek' endings (where the heroes solve the problem in that 5 minute bit after the last ad break ;) )

Cheers.

It wont be the "white hole" ending. Rose mentioned the idea and the Dr said "no, not that one, it just eats".

Mainly, what I am liking about the current Dr who is how much he looks like Kiero. I'm telling you: Dead Ringers!

Anyway, why on Titan do the slave race all look like cthulhu??

cthulhu_caves.gif

And why do they have the "physic balls" from System Shock 2? (only in Ipod white)

bestof18.jpg

Still,

Looking forwards to the next episode!

Heh heh.... Great link Snowman! However, I think though that maybe the "Pull their balls out to stop them" should be changed to "remove the control sphere located in the chest of a Yeti to render it inactive from the Great Intelligence's control" (people might get the wrong idea!! :blink::D )

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. I paid a visit to the official website earlier in the week (don't go there if you don't want to see what the baddie looks like) and the baddie in tonight's episode looks REALLY frightening.

There are going to be a lot of scared kiddies going to bed tonight, if they show him in detail of course.

Archived