[NL] Airsoft.com: innovative airsoft manufacturer!

SlickAxe

[NL] Airsoft.com starts an election of the most innovative airsoft manufacturer worldwide. Please vote in our poll which airsoft manufacturer is most innovative for the airsoft sport according to you. Nomminated are SYSTEMA, Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, ICS, G&G Armament, G&P, Madbull Airsoft and Star Airsoft.

innovativemanufacturer.jpg

Think of SYSTEMA's PTW (max) series, the challange kit and their complete drop-in mechabox. Classic Amry introduced a lot of new models, most important maybe the M249 which came at a high quality level against affordable prices and made it finally accessable for the big public. Tokyo Marui introduced the AEP platform with their Glock 18C and MP7 and offcourse their famous M14. ICS introduced high quality AK series next to their armalite series, most importantly their AK74M. G&G came with a lot of new interesting models, most importantly the M14, RK104/RK103, PM5A4 and their UMP. G&P continued the production of great accesoires most recently their illumiated M16 style mags which are an alternative to the tracer systems. Madbull came also with several great accesoires, like their CO2 upgrade conversion kits, the powder landmine, their high quality grenades with launchers and the new line of precission barrels. Star Airsoft introduced several accesoires and spare parts, think of the AK drum mags and MP7 mags. Most important are their new AEG's: The L85 series, M249 series and the UMP.

The big question is; which manufactuerer had a big impact in the worldwide airsofting scene! Please vote now in our poll! Voting will end on the 30th of July.

www.nlairsoft.com

This is a toughie, and I think Slickaxe that you should change the last part about "the biggest impact in the airsoft world". Your asking 2 different questions at the same time...It'll make it easier to stick with the innovative part.

I'm gonna give a breif explanation on each company the best I can, and state the innovation that I believe is most important from them:

SYSTEMA- I've come around to know how awesome your PTW's, hop-ups, and parts are; and how effective your gearboxes are for causing less strain. In an airsoft world where many focus on sheer firepower, you've made many great products to make us think how we can gain firepower with LESS strain on the gearbox. Keep it up!

Innovations: PTW gearbox system, but that's the only real thing I can think of lol...

Classic Army- You gotta give these guys props for sticking to airsoft, since they basically had the roughest road to travel down for the longest time (internally and externally for their AEG's). These guys have come such a long ways, and there new guns are amazing (I am in love with my new CA Steyr AUG a1!). I love how they take older Tokyo Marui's and make them beefed up killing machines, and give people reasons why to get back into the gun series they might have left (due to maybe the lack of popularity, extra parts, and accessories). With some of their AEGs, there is 100% absolutely NO REASON to get the decade older Marui ones, since their new guns are truly amazing. Thats honestly how good they are! Their Marketing techniques are also much better, and their upcoming releases look extremely promising!

Innovation: for internal's they didn't really acheive much, but their AEG planning and quality is amazing for the pricetag! large amounts of M249's, HUGE selection in accessories AND replacable parts, and renewing the older Marui AEG gun models is golden, despite the flaming they get for "copying".

Tokyo Marui: Good 'ole Marui has been in the AEG business since, well, day 1 really! They are the most consistent airsoft manufactures ever, and have many different and unique guns for AEGs. They don't really do weapon family's anymore since there Colts and Mp5's series have lost steam (something I love about other manufacturers, whom make the whole family for variety and uniqueness), but they go from one unique gun to the other! Thompson M1a1, P90's, Famas, and other great guns are made ONLY from Marui. Most importantly IMO is their small gearbox technology in their AEP's and Compact SMG series. Just the thought of fitting a tiny gearbox into a small SMG or pistol seemed impossible years ago, and Marui is just one of those companies that I can only see pulling that off really. Best of all, the technology is not only great, it's a success! Many thought that the AEP's would fail, now you see them more and more (and not just in winter games, but as great and cheap alteratives to gas blowbacks). The Compact SMG series have really caught my eye, and the new M14 is excellent and their upcoming Type 89 looks promising too! All in all, an excellent company with a great reputation since the dawn of AEGs...

Innovation: Where to start! Hop-up's, gearbox variety, AEP/CSMG technology, selection, price, heck they are still one of the only companies that actaully make standard magazines still! They hav really been pushing the airsoft technology, and ever since its had new (and great) competition from CA, ICS, and the whole gang; their guns are getting better and better.

I'll continue the rest later, and feel free to correct me or bring up other ideas I might have missed!

^ I agree. Personally I dont see innovation as improving a crappy product a la CA. Ill admit, I love CA, the CQB is probably the best AEG ever made but they havent made anything really new. The gearbox is just a clone of a TM, the body is nothing special, etc...

Madbull has just added so much in such a small ammount of time. All the grenades are unique and serve a purpose without looking like they made the same grenade 5 types with different shades of paint so that they could sell more. Couple that with the stuff such as the 470 (if it comes out), the land mine, etc... And they have my vote.

Guys what about TM's AEG platform, M14, MP7 and 1911.

I am also surprised by the leading position of STAR. However: introducing the UMP, the plastic gearbox, a cheap M249 and a high quality L85/86 and their high quality real-caps.

I vote TM

AEG's would not exist wwithout them.

People would still be messing about with gas rigs trying to get 600fps at each other.

Maadbull is second on the list, by making ggreat gas grenades, and interesting other products.

^ I agree. Personally I dont see innovation as improving a crappy product a la CA. Ill admit, I love CA, the CQB is probably the best AEG ever made but they havent made anything really new. The gearbox is just a clone of a TM, the body is nothing special, etc...

I see what you are saying, so far CA have released the g36 line, which no other company makes, or you have to get a Tm and get a kit, so this was pretty good if you wanted one, then you have the CA M249, which is the best option for a M249 without having to buy into Classics, then you have that SPAS 12 ( hasn't been released though), CA also make spring guns, grenades, scopes etc.

I would go for Madbull for most innovative.

if you do a search in the news section for an Aug or something, there was a link in there somewhere which was to an FTP gallery thing, that that pictures of this CA stuff, and at the bottom was a Spas 12 box, and some people were talking about it, I can't find the link right now, but it is on my bookmarks at school so I'll see if I can get it on friday.

Cheers.

I see what you are saying, so far CA have released the g36 line, which no other company makes,

Have a look at this link www.starairsoft.com I think they might have somthing to say about your comment above !

I'd go with STAR simply because they are trying new things all the time, plastic gearbox for example, no one thought they were going to be as good as they are. Listening to us, the consumer, releasing G36's, affordable M249's and the L85's that's a bit of an inovation for an Airsoft company, listening to what the community wants.

did you guys read the article in NAM issue 10? It was about G&G and their quality, they were far from happy with it. Indeed externally there is nothing wrong but internally it's a mess according to NAM. They even refer to the urly stages of crappy CA version 1 rifle's.

Archived