• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Macs don't crash?

Hm.. most people seem to disagree:

Click here

and here

this one too!

There's a number of others, but I cant be bothered to list them all. Instead, I'll leave you with this educational (hilarious) video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7148748849652085555

So Macs aren't computers?

You misunderstood me, my good man! (Admittedly, it was an error on my part, for not quoting).

I was replying to HaVoC's posts about how his Mac has never crashed and how Windows sucks the big one.

Then again, I use most of the OS's out there for my different needs. :)

I was replying to HaVoC's posts about how his Mac has never crashed and how Windows sucks the big one.

I stand by that. My Mac has, quite literally NEVER crashed in 6 months of using it (except the one time I tried to load a 450Mb PSD file into 512Mb worth of RAM - big mistake!).

My PC, though, crashes routinely every day. Even when new, it's something you grow to expect from a Windows-based PC - it'll just crash if it wants too. Don't criticise it, just accept it. It's like your wife having AIDS - there's nothing you can do about it, just work around it and enjoy it until it dies (oh my...).

Oh, talking of which, my PC has now decided to do the whole wallpaper thing EVERY TIME I BOOT UP. Yep, every time I restart, I have to set my wallpaper manually. Great.

I stand by that. My Mac has, quite literally NEVER crashed in 6 months of using it (except the one time I tried to load a 450Mb PSD file into 512Mb worth of RAM - big mistake!).

My PC, though, crashes routinely every day. Even when new, it's something you grow to expect from a Windows-based PC - it'll just crash if it wants too. Don't criticise it, just accept it. It's like your wife having AIDS - there's nothing you can do about it, just work around it and enjoy it until it dies (oh my...).

Oh, talking of which, my PC has now decided to do the whole wallpaper thing EVERY TIME I BOOT UP. Yep, every time I restart, I have to set my wallpaper manually. Great.

re-install windows.

:P

I think we can safely say this is all caused by Asian pr0n. ;)

Your PC is forked - Mine hardly ever crashes (Are you keeping the updates turned on? Mine had a wobble a couple of months back and then settled down again).

BUT...your MAC HAS crashed, something that a PC with XP on probably wouldn't do under those circumstances (Not sure what a PSD file is, sounds Playstation related?)...

MACs are more expensive than PCs, poorly served (relatively) by the software market (although there's an argument that you only need one good piece of software for each job), don't really do anything a PC can't, but look great.

Mmmmm - Western Arms of the personal computer world? ;)

Cheers

allow me to recall the last time i Updated Windows...

Never.

Allow me to recall the last time i Got a virus...

Never.

Allow me to recall the last time my PC crashed...

never. (in my memory at least)

the only protection my PC has to the outside world is AVG free and the hardware-NAT-firewall

what the hell do you people do to your computers? not just you guys, but everyone.

it seems that i'm the only person that doesn't have Windows troubles.

I don't remember the last time Windows crashed for me. I used to get random BSOD on startup, but I believe it was just teething issues with my computer. The only software that crashes on a regular basis is Steam. Shame, too, since Day of Defeat is a lot of fun.

I still don't use Windows for anything other than when I feel like playing a game (except right now I'm on it...). It just strikes me as odd that people would pay so much money for software that doesn't do much more than something you can get for free! If people switched to Linux, it would become easier to use and games would be developed for it. Perhaps then there'd be an elitist Windows stereotype, though :D .

I don't remember the last time Windows crashed for me.  I used to get random BSOD on startup, but I believe it was just teething issues with my computer.  The only software that crashes on a regular basis is Steam.  Shame, too, since Day of Defeat is a lot of fun.

Ya Day Of Defeat is great.

Better than CSS.

Archived