Worst. Film. Ever.

HaVoC

Tune into ITV1 now.

You'll be treated to National Lampoon's Men In White (IMDB Average rating of 2.4 out of 10...), which in my opinion ranks as the worst film in history. I saw it some time ago, and when I saw it come on again, I readied a tape so I could have a laugh in the future - I never expected to see this on outside of Sky Moviemax... :rolleyes:

Even the line "Keep watching: 10 to 1 says the big one bounces" uttered by an alien as the Men In White fall to Earth from their spaceshipcan't save this hunk of sh*t.

So then, your vote for worst film ever?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive seen too many great, ###### and mediocre films..

one recent stinker was uwe bolles 'house of the dead' adaptation.

someone get rid of him - hes bought up shedloads of other games licences as well. he's currently making 'alone in the dark'..

i actually really enjoyed equilibrium. i suppose it is partially because i heard it was pants and so my expectations were low when i started watching it, and at the end i found that i had thoroughly enjoyed the film.

it is actually well done.

house of the dead, otoh, is bad because.. it isnt even properly made. its like a schoolkid with zero training was given the footage [which was badly shot and composed in the first place - looks like an amateur filmed it] and was told to stick it together in any old order [truly, the scenes dont seem to fit in places and characters are jumping all over the place].

the money shots were truly awful and how the hell do you justify sticking clips from the very game itself being stuck in at seemingly random intervals [to remind you that the film came from the game? wtf?]

Yes, but Men In White features girl scouts attacking Boba Fett-lookalikes, and the line "Can I get my Alien Invasion Merit Badge".

EDIT: Also "He needs PLEH!"

I've had a change of opinion here... ;)

i knew guys working on it.

at the time they said that they knew it was going to be bad.

some films have that vibe about them.

lost in space had the same vibe apparently and that was universally panned too.

when they worked on pitch black they had a good vibe and the film did quite well for itself.

i know people working on charlie and the chocolate factory and that should, apparently, be quite good.

johnny depp is supposed to have a weird aura in real life - one of those rare people with a real 'star' persona in real life instead of just onscreen. supposed to be nice too.

I didnt think lost in space was that bad. I've seen it numerous times heh. I don't know why. Pitch Black wasn't great, but it was pretty cool. I especially liked the ending. Haven't seen the second one, and I probably won't ever.

[re: pitch black]

i havent heard great things about the second one either, but i'll probably watch it at somepoint if i can be moved to..

lost in space was ok. could have been better. i think it was overhyped and so wasnt that good by the time it actually got out.

ive enver walked out of a film. i am into movies so if i go to the cinema it is an expressed reason to go see a film. its not necessarily a social event - that happens before and after seeing the movie.

that said i dont go to the cinema that much, mainly because ive got picky in what i want to go spend my money on, and where.

again, i'll also see a movie for technical or artsy-fartsy reasons [which again is a very subjective thing].

edited as i take too long typing..

hehe, the nudity in house of the dead was a bit disappointing - i had more fun from the [female] nudity in 'ultimate farce'!

Archived