Building the Beryl Model 1996

tmas

Zentaurus, have you made any progress lately? Please share! :)

Meanwhile, I've completed that Commando I was working on for a friend:

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticism?

wow, looks great :D:D did you have to pin/rivet the rear sight post?

been loaded with work lately so i have only my weekends for working on the mini. no major problems so far. like you (i'm guessing from the pic) i have decided to reinforce the front trunnion with an aluminum u-channel which also allows the rear sight to be removed. i think i have a way to replicate the long rail locking mechanism with aluminum and some nylon drawer rollers.

unlike the ICS or the real steel, the 031 front handguard retainers are split so am also making an aluminum fitting that will replicate the single unit. makes the retainer a bit thicker (looking from the side) but not too noticeable, i think, except by experts like you ;)

the muzzle booster is also partly done and waiting for the completion of the handguard mods. this is necessary, i've learned from my 028 to AR-SF mod, to ensure propre barrel and sight alignment.

documentation pics up as soon as i can. hope to finish within the month :rolleyes:

again, kudos to you :D and i owe you a plus ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zentaurus, have you made any progress lately? Please share! :)

Meanwhile, I've completed that Commando I was working on for a friend:

dsc0002vg2.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticism?

Fantastic work--some of the most impressive custom work I've seen on this forum. I'd say on par with the WA2000, maybe not in terms of the shear scope of the project, but certainly for the skill involved and attention to detail.

Steve

Oh come on you guys... Both those conversions are rather simple, the hardest part is building the stocks. The rest is rather easy :)

don't take such clear pictures then, if you don't care for applause :P (joke, joke, joke)

btw, have you seen the star FN FNC thread

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=80853&st=0

got a video of the star FNC 3-rnd-burst mechanism via RiotSC of airsoft mechanics and it shows left-side controls. hint, hint.

http://www.starairsoft.com/Video/FNC_Gear_Box_Testing.wmv

me, i'm queing this for future improvements after i finish the mini :rolleyes:

dang guys, where can I get one of those ris mounts? I really like it.

The top mount? It was bought at one of the Polish stores: http://machinegun.home.pl/sklep/product_in...febca198ff8c7e0 , they call the manufacturer "K2"... It's not identical, but pretty close to the high mount variation available for the real-steel Beryl.

The top mount? It was bought at one of the Polish stores: http://machinegun.home.pl/sklep/product_in...febca198ff8c7e0 , they call the manufacturer "K2"... It's not identical, but pretty close to the high mount variation available for the real-steel Beryl.

saw it, K2 a polish supplier? can they ship to the philippines? some things are available there that are out of stock in HK.

progress report:

cut trunnion and rear sight mount. no leaf sight yet, but i've found a suitable alum thingy

trunrailbx6.jpg

front handguard retainers (rear and front quarter view). the white squigglies indicate cutting lines for fitting with the front sight

frntrtnroe0.jpg

here's how the lower handguard was cut and epoxied together

handguardcutbo2.jpg

quarter view of trunnion and handguard mockup

frntassemblyqrtroa2.jpg

and here's how i plan to cut the stock bracket and the front sight

brjtsightcutfh5.jpg

fitting the front sight this week, then the long rail with its locking mechanism.

critique, comments, suggestions? more than enough time to revise, i think :unsure:

zT

It's Polish PANTERA

I'd also link them to the appropriate thread - here it is! :)http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=89057

Zentaurus - that's a lot of excellent work right there!

I love your idea on how to make that handguard retainer! I'll try to build an identical unit for my Beryl as soon as I get a nice RS gas tube - it should be easy :)

• 4 weeks later...

quick update: 1st front end mockup. just needs further detailing and finishing before painting. detail pic of the sight to follow (messed up the first one :flamed: )

frntmockupor3.jpg

next up: scope rail and some work on the selector and receiver cover need to be done to conform more to xxxFENCExxx's pics.

Also my project is coming to life :) Installed the Beryl handguard in combination with a G&P barrel & receiver joint and replaced this shiny plastic CA part. Even the wiring has been changed for stick type batteries. Now I need to dremel some more space for the battery as they will not fit :(

And I found the reason for the CA SLR being less accurate as the the TM AK: Kind of barrel whobble. Between Inner and Outer barrel is a minimum of 1mm space all around.... have to install some sort of "spacer"

And has anyone pictures of the left side of a Beryl? All pictures seem to be made from the right but I need some details of the fire selector :)

Archived