Aeg Or Gbb?

R22Master

Which do you prefer for the general shooting experience?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer for the general shooting experience?

• AEGs
    • GBBs
    • NBBs
    • Springers

Wat if?

Battery placed inside the magazine (just to let you know Im thinking fullstock AK) to operate mechanism, and a weighted wheel in the stock would spin generating at least some recoil. Im also and advocate for a larger caliber, yet more realistic rate of fire AEG.

OH yeah, SPRINGERS ALL THE WAY!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea, but the battery power required to do that would be tremendous, and hardly likely to fit in a mag. It would also make it expensive as you would need a battery for every magazine. The same technology of an off-centre weigted fly-wheel is used to make mobile phones vibrate. Making the AEG feel like it has recoil, as well as timing it exactly with each shot would be difficult and I fear, unconvincing.

The best solution would be to make a much stronger mechbox and have a VERY heavy piston. This would simulate recoil without requiring any extra kit. Current mechboxes would crack though if you simply made a heavy piston.

Well i've had no problems with Springers yet and my old TMP (wherever it's gone) was cool. Must admit though, that at the moment i like my Famas that i just got (what with being my first AEG and all that) So at the moment i'd say AEG. But that's my opinion and i appreciate that others do not share my opinion.

Haven't read any posts mind but I'd like to say GBB's for definate (GBB's that handle green gas stock)

My reason for this is because of the use of propane now, the cost of buying green gas has been reduced by "75%" according to http://www.airsoft-innovations.com (thank you!! :D) so I'm not really put off by buying green gas as another consumerable as it's quite cheap now :)

Which gives you the most enjoyment - Gas Blowbacks, Automatic Electric Guns, or a different type of Airsoft replica?  We're not talking suitability for skirmishing here, just the one that puts the biggest smile on your face.  :)

He said what gives you the most enjoyment, not most efficient on the playing field. GBBs are great with the moving parts and the kick.

Alex, go the classic route, its fun :D Its the way I went, and never looked back.

To everyone saying stuff about reliability and gas consumption. While you guys arent directly talking about classics, I thought I'd say that Co2 refills are 2 dollars for a couple thousand shots, and the BV gas mechanism is more reliable than any AEG ever made :)

Theres something joyfully childish about moving parts, loud noises, and objects moving fast. Its like a muscule car vs an electric car.

If i could id love to go out and play with just one GBB (pistol) however most ppl that i play with like to see a white lines of plastic streaming out of their AEG for a few minutes at a time. So plaing with a GBB (usually semi) is a bit hard. However from time to time (ego) i have been cocky enough to take on 2 to 3 AEG armed players against me and GBB at hand.

Theres something joyfully childish about  moving parts, loud noises, and objects moving fast. Its like a muscule car vs an electric car.

If i could id love to go out and play with just one GBB (pistol) however most ppl that i play with like to see a white lines of plastic streaming out of their AEG for a few minutes at a time. So plaing with a GBB (usually semi) is a bit hard. However from time to time (ego) i have been cocky enough to take on 2 to 3 AEG armed players against me and GBB at hand.

i agree with that last part...

having spent 2 grand on AEG-stuff some people just charge about the country side terminator style...

I've seen players get hit and not even know who, how or even where from!!!

Me? i like AEGs, but I'm not dependant on them, nor do I mod the hell out of mine. I go for the simplicity, low(-ish) budget, and low maintainence.

I prefer the realism also. Other things come in like, clothing, fieldcraft, teamwork/communication and most of all not actually taking this too seriously.

Now just a couple more pieces of gear to complete my collection:

a guarder SWAT vest

a DPM wind/water proof smock type outer for those extreme weather games.

Looking to sell that YE MP5 Antagon...? ;)

I want it - somehow, GGBs just feel so much better than AEGs. The recoil is one thing, but of course the ######-off typewriter noise lets AEGs down too.

Maybe TM could include a speaker box like cheapo kids' toy guns in their next release...

300fps normil muzzle power!

430mm barrel length for super accuracy firings!

Reinforced polymer bodys for hard realism feel!

Electric soundbox for ultra-real soundings - sounds like the reel gun!

FUTURE THE NEXT!

Ahem...

GBBs are just more, well fun than AEGs, at least the whole slide kicking back bit, but AEGs have their moments when you watch the (almost) neverending stream of BBs flying out of the barrel, for me, that always raises a smile.

As desk toys AEGs do kinda suck sometimes. Could easily be compared to electric sowing machines with barrels I suppose in that case.

I like GBBs. Although I own three AEGs I still really enjoy my two pistols one is an NBB though. Same concept. I mean pistols make for a very different gaming experience. Although you can't deny the fun an AEG can bring. So from my viewpoint GBBs. But during a big game or something I think its pretty clear that the choice is an AEG. <_<

-EnZo-

• 1 year later...

Archived