AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey will the CA Ak47 mags fit into the Marui Ak47? Are standard or midcap ak mags metal or plastic?

CA AK47 Magz and TM AK47 Magz are compatible as wl as CA SLR...VFC...CYMA...GnG...

Marui AK47 midcap are metal and also the JinGong AK Magz...

:D

~jojo~

So, what do you guys think of the chances of CA releasing their SLR wood kit?

EDIT: I was under the impression that AK74 mags are made of bakelite?

Seeing how the slr wood is made to fit the guarder style kits and not the tm style, i would say its slim change. Just get the inokatsu kit.

Yeah, thought so, plus CA would have to price them higher to make some money, otherwise no one would buy the steel version, just get the regualar and wood furniture. But I'm still hoping for it though, my wallet doesn't seem to like the inokatsu kits too much <_<

Does anyone know where I could get AK74 RS wood furnitures? I can find AK47 ones but I'm having trouble finding AK74 ones (I hope it's cheaper...)

Worse to worse I might just have to make my own from scratch...

hey, i have an ICS AK74m, i like the metal and general style of 47 mags (i like 74 style too, but i REALLY like metal, i mean its the main reason i brought an ICS :D)

aaaanyhoo, ive heard 47 mags look weird with 74s as the finish is different, would it be a good idea to krylon a 47 mag black so it can match the 74? or would that just look wrong?

Thanks, PlasticMag, that saves me a lot of trouble (I assume this is the set you are talking about); I can handle the stock easily, as I don't really need a battery space, it'll be as easy as cutting out a chunk of wood and sanding it

"So easy a caveman can do it!"  :D

Bingo. If you're so inclined, sand it down with 220-grit sandpaper and hit it with two or three coats of MinWax Red Oak 215, buff it with 0000 steel wool, and coat with a semi-gloss varnish.

It'll look just like Russian wood. ;)

No, but the plastic is quite durable.

Yeah, thought so, plus CA would have to price them higher to make some money, otherwise no one would buy the steel version, just get the regualar and wood furniture.

Are you implying that people would opt out of a steel body? Goodness why?

Bingo. If you're so inclined, sand it down with 220-grit sandpaper and hit it with two or three coats of MinWax Red Oak 215, buff it with 0000 steel wool, and coat with a semi-gloss varnish.

It'll look just like Russian wood.  ;)

lol, it's like you read my mind :blink: I was just going to ask how/what to use to get it to look like Russian wood. Thanks again.

Just in :D

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

I know it was long, and I've held one before, but it still surprises me how long it was; guess I'm more used to shorter weapons.

Metal receiver and other bits coming in soon

I guess I'll also ask it here, can anyone link me to an AK disassembly guide? (I assume the AK47 and 74's are similar in take-down) I tried looking, but I guess I suck at searching. Thanks.

Edited by Donut

Yeah, it's an UTG, I haven't shot it yet, and the only AK I can compare it to is a CYMA plastic gearbox AK47 or a TM Spetz, so I don't how it compares. And I don't really need the internals, I only need the body now.

This project will be my last (good) rifle, I still need a couple more pistols. So I ecided to go more on the externals.

Edited by Donut

Thanks a lot! Now I just need to wait for the stupid metal body to come (Come on, gunner, move it!)

And now I feel like a noob... how do you disassemble the front? To replace the handguards? This time I'm actually going to try to find out before blindly going in and forcing my way through, which only works half the time... <-- speaking from experience :P

EDIT: Does anyone know if the CA SLR metal body would fit the CYMA/UTG? I'm guessing it does, but just making sure.

Edited by Donut

Alright Donut. to get the handguards off, you need to follow thses step:

1. Remove the cleaning rod.

2. Remove the sight by unscrewing the screw that was previously covered by the cleaning rod.

3. Unscrew the screw under the gas tube and slide it off the barrel (the sight needs to be off to do that, duh)

4. Pop the upper handguard off by pulling ot upwards.

5. Remove the handguard retainer and slide it off the barrel.

6. Slowly pull down the lower handguard

7. Tada! now put and your grips and replace the gastube and front sight and all the other parts.

If something in that guide doesn't make sense, sorry becuase it is how to dissasemble a CM028S but i have heard that the dissasembly is almost exactly the same.