AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a bit of a pig to be honest.

I bought an AKSU stock from trapper industries that had a bracket on the hinge *roughly* the right shape for the receiever end of a 47s.

I was going to weld it *however* the metal quality of the CA metal body wasnt up to it so i had to drill a 5mm hole in the rear of the metal body and bolt the stock on. I then used two part 'green stuff' filler to secure the join. Its held beautifully so far.

Getting the hole in the right place was the tricky bit though, no real room for error.

No pics though im afraid.

Edited by Gadge

Ok, I've been struggling for a while now, but I still can't get the foregrip off :(

I can't even get the little rod under the barrel out, there's a little piece protruding that prevents the rod from sliding out.

The CYMA/UTG is based off the CA right? If so, does any one know of a guide somewhere? thanks. Or if it's not based off the CA, then any other input/method is find too.

ok u have to pull vertically and away from you to get the cleaning rod out. You will have to put a little pressure on it to get it out. Then after that take [there is two] screws off [front sight and gas block] then slide evrything off carefull. Then pull out and away to get the foregrips off. Hope that helped.

the petruding piece is a hex screw, remove that and you can pull the entire front sight along with the cleaning rod off. Then remove the hex screw under the gas block, pull off the gas block. now you can slide the bracketss holding the grips foward and then remove the grips.

Ok, I've been struggling for a while now, but I still can't get the foregrip off :(

I can't even get the little rod under the barrel out, there's a little piece protruding that prevents the rod from sliding out.

The CYMA/UTG is based off the CA right? If so, does any one know of a guide somewhere? thanks. Or if it's not based off the CA, then any other input/method is find too.

Edited by srpg
Nice Gadge, what vest do you guys use in your loadouts? Or loadout.

Is it russian or just some crossdraw, etc?

Its a russian m21 vest i think, in the green kamysh pattern, holds about eight ak mags lots of poocket son the front, padded right shoulder for real weapon firing and six big pouches on the back in two rows of three.

Before we switched to those we were using the black tarzan types from splav which hold 8ak mags although the inside left one usually gets used as a pistol holster..

Holes in the rear reciever of the ak were filled with plastic card bases and then buildt up with Games Workshop 'green stuff' two part putty. Front indents were just 'green stuff'.

Edited by Gadge

Definitly

I forgot to add that i made a plasti-card 'former' for the indent so that both indents were the same size, green stuffed around it then removed it when done one it had all set i sanded it down (not the greatest sanding job as you can see i rushed it a little) and sprayed the whole shooter black.

As promised in the above post, my pride and joy. First AEG I ever had and I don't see myself getting rid of it. Ever.

SUNP0030.jpg

Tokyo Marui base, fully metal upgraded, King Arms wood kit, AKM flash hider, AKM ribbed reciever top, unknown AK-74 pistol grip, and a real steel bayonet that does not quite fit.

I know there is no real equivilant, but I like the way it looks and feels. Pretty much, thats what matters.

YES!!! I finally got it off! Talk about tight... no wonder AK's are praised for their durability, it's like trying to take apart a rock. Thanks all that helped me.

O, and great timing too, the grips arrived today :D

IMG_0032.jpg

I did some fitting, it looks pretty easy with a dremel. I'm going to go buy a block of wood at homedepot tomorrow along with some wood finishing.