AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now with tacticool duct tape magazine cinches! For my next trick, I need to remove the handguards, stock, AND the lower receiver. How would I go about doing that?

Handguards-

Take out cleaning rod. Unscrew the screw at the bottom of the front sight. take off front sight. Take out screw on bottom of gas tube. Pull on gas tube, it come off. From here you can pretty much take the hand guards off by pulling.

Oh yeah, take off the orange.

EDIT: The lower reciever is a twat. Take the screw out of the bottom of the pistol grip. Take off the pistol grip. Look in the mag well. Take off the 4 screws in there. Take the screw out of the fire selector, pull fire selector off. Pull uper reciever off, take out the doo-dads in there.

As for the stock, ask someone else.

I'm sad that you have a 74 mag in a 47..

It looks beautiful on a 47-s.

EDIT 2: LOL. Postage is up to my birth year!

Edited by 101matt1

Theres nothing ON the front sight, which is why this is such a *badgeress* to do. And not only that, I think that is the last picture of my AK in one piece. Bolt assembly and the part the battery is on snapped off. Oh well. I'm going to buy an ICS AK74M. G&P and VFC 74 midcaps feed fine, right?

Handguards-

Take out cleaning rod. Unscrew the screw at the bottom of the front sight. take off front sight. Take out screw on bottom of gas tube. Pull on gas tube, it come off. From here you can pretty much take the hand guards off by pulling.

You needn't take off the front sight to do this - just unscrew the gas block screw under the cleaning rod and slide forward, then remove handguards.

Make sure you don't pull it out at too much of an angle - just wiggle it around a little and don't be afraid to use a little force, it'll come out eventually (ooh err). I had the same problem with my late cm028-s (god rest her soul)

Handguards-

Oh yeah, take off the orange.

EDIT: The lower reciever is a twat. Take the screw out of the bottom of the pistol grip. Take off the pistol grip. Look in the mag well. Take off the 4 screws in there. Take the screw out of the fire selector, pull fire selector off. Pull uper reciever off, take out the doo-dads in there.

As for the stock, ask someone else.

It looks beautiful on a 47-s.

EDIT 2: LOL. Postage is up to my birth year!

Thats beyond the point, AK74mags(5.56) do not go in a ak47s gun(7.62)