The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

Is it absolutely necessary to remove the endcap before removing the inner barrel, or can I just slide it out the back of the outer barrel? Mine just won't come off.

I've done it both ways. And be careful to get the rubber lined right the first time if you can to avoid doing it again and possibly tearing it. But I don't know why the end cap will not come off.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PDI Fluted Outer Barrel has too much wobble when mounted. It becomes tight after a quarter of a turn past correct orientation. It almost seems like I need a specific shim in order to align the barrel's hop up holes correctly while stabilizing it. I emailed X Fire about this problem and they suggested this.

"Dear Sir.

Thank you for your inquiry!

We set within one-quarter over as a base,

so we think that sending the replacement goods isn't the solution.

Machined barrel and mold receiver don't attach easily, we think.

Please fix by seal tapes.

After keep the balance by it, please hold them by the under screw.

Thanks a lot."

Does anyone know what they are referring too by seal tapes or what I'm doing wrong? Where does the under screw go? Must I drill and tap a new hole? What am I missing?

Thanks

So I finally figured it out. You need to wrap a bit of silicone tape around the threads of the outer barrel and use the provided set screw. Previously I had installed the other screw into the stock of the gun but never the set screw which allowed me to stabilize the barrel. The set screw goes into the forward most screw hole of the receiver allowing it to grip the outer barrel. I want to thank Grant at http://www.hammermods.com/Impact.htm for clarifying everything. Hope this helps someone else down the road.

Does anybody know which end cap will fit on my UTG mk96? I know the internals are VSR stuff, but the externals are the maruzen whatever. The reason I ask is because I tried putting a 430mm tbb in it, and found out that the barrel length is not 430mm like a VSR, but the type 96 length since it is an external maruzen clone. I'm not sure whether to get a vsr or a type 96 barrel threaded end cap for a silencer. thanks

Stage 1 of the ‘cosmetic’ upgrade. Waiting on a new butt stock cover as my mossy oak one didn’t fit. Also going to order a suppressor at the weekend from redwolf. I will also touch up and make the camo tape neater especially around the scope. I know its not very impressive but its my first gun and im just experimenting with it. uhuh026kn0.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I finally got the cap off and about teared my skin off while doing it. So I'm looking into a new inner barrel if equalizing the spacers doesn't work getting it more consistent. Do the 6.01mm precision barrels require a new hop up system and are they really even worth the money? I've got a UTG L96 and I love it to death, I'd like to up it a bit, but I want to make sure it's really worth the money. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Any precision barrel intitled "for aps96" needs the stock hopup, any aeg precision barrel requires the PDI hopup unit.

Here is mine (maruzen) :

aw.jpg

-Tamyia OD paint

-Cheekpiece screws (Laylax)

-Accushot scope mount

-3-9x50E Buschnell scope

-Scope extender

-Dummy mag (to shorten)

-Versapod bipod

-Flash hider (LL)

-Teflon cylinder LL

-Cylinder head LL

-Spring guide LL

-130 spring (450 fps the french limit)

-3 elements aluminium piston LL

-Hard piston head

-PDI hopup unit

-Prometheus 6.03 534mm inner barrel (continues in flash hider but is invisible)

-Barrel spacers LL

Shoots an A4 sheet at 90 meters :)

Shoots an A4 sheet at 90 meters :)

Every shot?

Yes it's very constant, once the hopup ok.

I once knew somebody who said their PSG1 was that accurate.

Alas, my fully upgraded L96, shooting at 500fps (+/- 1fps) only manages to hit an A4 sheet about 20 out of 25 shots at 50m.

Guess I'm just not doing it right.

Mind you, I've just had another play with the hop-up and, once I get some testing done, I might be back with another suggestion for L96 owners. ;)

Okay guys, I have talked to 4 different major retailers, about 5 techs, and I've looked around here. Does anyone know if ANY internals are available for the UTG L96? People have said that neither VSR nor Type 96 parts will fit, I've heard that they probably will fit, I've heard that they might fit with modifications, can anyone answer this question?

Okay guys, I have talked to 4 different major retailers, about 5 techs, and I've looked around here. Does anyone know if ANY internals are available for the UTG L96? People have said that neither VSR nor Type 96 parts will fit, I've heard that they probably will fit, I've heard that they might fit with modifications, can anyone answer this question?

The UTG L96 is a rebranded Well/WarriorL96.

As such, it is an exact replica of the Maruzen Type96 and will fit any of the parts designed to fit the Type96.

I should know, I've got almost all of em on my Warrior L96. ;)

The UTG L96 is a rebranded Well/WarriorL96.

As such, it is an exact replica of the Maruzen Type96 and will fit any of the parts designed to fit the Type96.

I should know, I've got almost all of em on my Warrior L96. ;)

Alright man, thanks so much!

Looks like your just gonna have to wait for one man: http://airsoftglobal.com/index.php?cPath=3...mp;filter_id=61

Archived