Best sniper ammo?

MDK_Marshal

What's teh best brand/weight of ammo you've used to date?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What's teh best brand/weight of ammo you've used to date?

• Digicon/Straight
    • Maruzen SGM's
    • Excel
    • Marui
    • Xtreme
    • KSC Perfect
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AE doesnt make some .43 sgms because all airsoft elite does is repackage bb's, they dont make anything.

Oh, yeah? Ever heard of the WE Hi Capa? You know that's AE, right? What's that a repackage of? And their BBs? What are they a repackage of? Airsoft Elite AEGs are ICS AEGs upgraded, AE (or WE) GBBs are their own, as are their BBs.

Some people that shoot 550 FPS claim that SGMs or Marui extreme whatevers are the best, however others claim that those graphite coated ones are the best. Some say the graphite helps, others say it's detrimental. Some say if you clean them off with soda they'll be as good as SGMs...

Oh, yeah?  Ever heard of the WE Hi Capa?  You know that's AE, right?  What's that a repackage of?  And their BBs?  What are they a repackage of?  Airsoft Elite AEGs are ICS AEGs upgraded, AE (or WE) GBBs are their own, as are their BBs.

They are all repackaged versions of tiawan manufacture, same as madbull and countless other "brand names"

AE = distributor

They are all repackaged versions of tiawan manufacture, same as madbull and countless other "brand names"

AE = distributor

So then who actually make the WE Hi Capa and their BBs? Would they both be some company that we've never heard of because it's only big over there or something?

Well, WE make the WE Hicapa. Seeing as it's a WE hicapa and not, say, a TM one...

And the BB's - no idea, I've never shopped there (being in the Uk and all). But, repackaged = bleh. I'd rather buy something and know where it came from.

And can we get back on topic? This is meant to be a thread about the best sniper ammo, not if WE-tech make the WE-Tech Hicapa <_<

So then who actually make the WE Hi Capa and their BBs?  Would they both be some company that we've never heard of because it's only big over there or something?

Its really simple, 99% of things with a name brand arent made by that name brand.

there's no AE bb factory, there's no AE zinc foundry.

Either

A company says "hey we should make a hi capa!"

A company puts out a contract to make said hi capa

Another company bids on it

Lowest bidder (usually tiawaneese) wins, makes gun.

Or

A company says "hey we have a contract for 20 million bb's but its cheaper per unit for us to make 50 million"

A company contacts distributors like AE to see if they want a BB brand all thier own

AE repackages product, and sells it.

This is why there is more than one "brand" of WE hi capa as well as some KWC/KWA guns, the end company relpaces the emblem on the handle and sells it as thier own.

welcome to the world of modern manufacture, its more cost effecient to outsource everything to someone who specializes in a specific thing, than to make anything yourself, at the same time, you have no idea who actually made any of the stuff you are buying, you only hope that the brand name in question doesnt attach thier name to garbage.

Its really simple, 99% of things with a name brand arent made by that name brand.

Either

Or

A company says "hey we have a contract for 20 million bb's but its cheaper per unit for us to make 50 million"

A company contacts distributors like AE to see if they want a BB brand all thier own

This is why there is more than one "brand" of WE hi capa as well as some KWC/KWA guns, the end company relpaces the emblem on the handle and sells it as thier own.

welcome to the world of modern manufacture, its more cost effecient to outsource everything to someone who specializes in a specific thing, than to make anything yourself, at the same time, you have no idea who actually made any of the stuff you are buying, you only hope that the brand name in question doesnt attach thier name to garbage.

Very true, if you can figure out who actually makes stuff distributors sell you can save quite a bit. The brand names do help when picking out something of quality though.

For the record I use non-coated straight .36s

Either

Or

Ah. The WE Hi Capa: The Chinese AK-47.

Anyone know where to pick up some Marui Superiors online?

I ordered a box from Evike.com because their website said they were in-stock, only to have them send me a backorder slip in the package.

They also shipped me coated Straight .36g instead of the uncoated that I paid for... (Yes, they are getting a phone call tomorrow)

Over the years I've used plenty of different types of airsoft ammo, in my experience it is better to go with a heavier BB, obviously a heavier BB will be less effected by wind. This is it's main advantage, Just because you float a BB out doesn't mean you will hit your intended target.

Currently I'm running Digicon .3s through my G-Spec the only upgrade is the improved Air Seal Chamber / Hop Packing from Nine Ball, with a PSS110 spring waiting to be installed. I just installed the Nine Ball unit so I can't say much about its quality or effectiveness.

• 2 weeks later...
Over the years I've used plenty of different types of airsoft ammo, in my experience it is better to go with a heavier BB, obviously a heavier BB will be less effected by wind. This is it's main advantage, Just because you float a BB out doesn't mean you will hit your intended target. 

Currently I'm running Digicon .3s through my G-Spec the only upgrade is the improved Air Seal Chamber / Hop Packing from Nine Ball, with a PSS110 spring waiting to be installed. I just installed the Nine Ball unit so I can't say much about its quality or effectiveness.

I saw a massive improvement with the Nine ball hop bucking, much much better. I run Guarders now, both .25 and .28. They cheap, effective and tbh with the wind in the UK at great distance u never hit what ur aiming for often, so I prefer the use of more shots and ammo than expensive ammo and one shot. One shot kills in airsoft over an extended range are just hopeful, especially with UK site limits if ur lucky at 500fps.

I got myself a load of .25 ICS and .3 xtreme bbs for use in my AICS, and I must say when it runs at 350, I find the .3s to be far to heavy - the range decreases dramatically over that of the .25s. It would appear that I can get an extra 10m or so using the .25s, and accuracy doesnt suffer that greatly. As for the type of .25, these black ICS ones seem to be decent, although they are a pain to see and set the scope to :s

I think its more to do with the graphite coating being a slightly 'greasy' layer on the BB and this adversely affects the hop rubber and this causes the inconsistency.

So its not the momentum that causes the inconsistency, its the hop (benoulli??) effect.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to deviate a little from the general point of the thread, but I've just upgraded my VSR-10 Pro, it now has a 430mm 6.03 mm barrel, a 130sp spring and a firefly hard hop rubber (plus sears where required)

I'm noticing that with 0.29g SGMs the hop has to be set to almost nil, or the shots just fly upwards ridiculously, the best setting I can find is 2 clicks off minimum, although this is a little too much, and 1 click is too little.

The question I am asking is: would I be better off using say 0.36g, as the lower velocity would move the optimal hop setting further up the range, and allow me to fine-tune it far more effectively, also, on this velocity (which I don't actually know but guess to be 400-450 w/ 0.2g) would I be able to use heavier than 0.29g without losing range.

Again, sorry for dragging the thread to my own personal issue, but this thread appeared to be the place to ask.

Thanks

Archived