Perfect CQB Team

newbkiller

So, what's, IYO, the perfect CQB team?

For me, I was thinking an 8 man team, 2 riflemen, 4 smg-weilders, 1 support, and 1 shotgun-ner.

The entire team would be equipped with either AK or AR carients for ease of mag exchange. The riflemen would have upgraded, full-size varients like SLR-105's or M15-SPR's.

SMG-ers would have have Beta's/ aks-74u's or 10.5" barrel or shorter m4's.

Support would have anything they wanted because they need big drum/ box mags.

Shotgunner could also have whatever they wanted but I'd say a Maruzen m870, m1100r, or other gas shotgun, springgers, IMO, are more effective in woodland/ urban. The shotty-user would also have to carry something like an mp7, mp5-k, m11, or anything else that's very smal and has full-auto, even a kitty kat or a stock-less beta would work.

anyway, the riflemen would stay behind the team and give, basically, sniper support by covering doors while the main team moved in. the support would do something similar, if the field size allowed. The support would stay mid-range so that the riflemen could move around also. as for the smg-ers and shotgunner, they would mostly stay together but would have designated teams of two and three, in case splitting up was needed. One team would be two smg-ers and the shotgun-user while the others would be a team of two.

That's what I have so far, I've almost confirmed a team of 7 as of last night and we're deciding whether or not to get new guns or not. also, we want some team formation information.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 2, 2 man teams would fit nicely. I try to work with 4+ they just dont have the dicipline to follow commands, but with 1 guy behind me i can ask for cover and scoot + shoot/leap frog. While the other team can advance from a weak point. I usually use the leapfrog method (I think leapfrog is just going back, but i have no idea what you call moving foward) to cover other teams etc.

ideal CQB team?

5 men, 4 with dual CAW revolvers and 1 with dual mp5k's with C-mags to cover the other 4 while the reload :P

It doesnt really matter what weapons you use in CQB as long as you can use it effectively. It is handy to all have the same type or at least the same mag type tho so when the "IR Milsim" bregade run out of ammo with their 30 round realcaps you can throw them a hicap.

Point Man: Genadier with CAW launcher, lots of grenades and more money than sense.

2 pairs each armed with ICS RIS carbines with tac-lights and RDS.

Point man kicks in the door, fires three grenades. Pair One enters and clears, Pair two cover the corridor in each direction whilst the pointman loads three more grenades.

Once the room is clear, the 2nd pair and the pointman move to the next room and the 1st pair fall in behind. The pointman kicks in the door, fires three grenades, second pair enters and clears whilst first pair covers corrider and pointman reloads.

Rinse and repeat.

I er... just turn up to the game and play.

Moscarts are more useful in urban but not essential. Pyros are a lot more useful as well and pretty important. Appart from that its AEGs, speed and a bit of courage.

My perfect team would be a group of airsofters who know how each other work, with radio comms and AEGs. Theres not much more needed.

Not much point in the longer weapons unless you have REALLY big halls in your CQB site (though the ^ ROF of the support guy would be useful).

The "SMG" length weapon would cover fine across even sport hall areas and the rifleman won't be able to double up as assault personnel as easily (due to the longer weapons having less manueverability) unless your planning on never having the SMG guys die :P

CC

For me...

One lead team of 4, one backup team of 4. Guns dont matter as long as they are reasonably short (MP5, G36C/K, short Armalite, whatever) and they have interchangeable mags within that team. Lead team with M15 CQB Compacts and second team with slightly longer ranged guns (MP5a or M4/M15 carbine) to support.

Plus one designated marksman and a secondary, hopefully both with Armalites - one upgraded Rifle, the other with a compact. These would be free-roaming to pick their best spots.

Not true, I use my M16/M203 in urban/cqb quite happliy.

Its not the size of the weapon its how you use it

Well, no. An smaller weapon is always an advantage in CQB (not Urban, actual Close Quarter Battle).

You might have had great success with your m16, and good stuff, but you'd have more success with a smaller gun in close circumstances.

Six guys in the following positions (dream team):

___________ <door

1 2

3 4

5 6

1: M4CQB w/ mini launcher

2: 2 MAC-11's or 2 UZI's

3: P90

4: P90

5: M4

6: M14 EBR

That's what I would do if I could use ANY gun...

EDIT: Note: you could swap #6 for a M60 or M249; any support gun for that matter...

8 guys broken into 3 assault pairs under strict control of a command pair. Weapons dont matter, its all about speed and aggression while maintaining comms so i'd say any assault rifle or SMG will do.

Rooms will be taken by pairs with each pair echeloning through the previously cleared room and the command pair always in the middle somewhere. In the absence of grenades, rocks can be thrown as distractions to make the enemy take cover (this works rather well).

as long as you have a disciplined bunch of guys you will overrun any enemy with sher momentum. Strict control has to be maintained to stop any pairs from over extending themselves.

For arguments sake i would say any AR type weapon with a short barrel would be perfect for a cqb team as the mags are interchangeable. I'd maybe have a SAW in my third assault pair so they could double as a fire support pair in the advent of moving into a more open area.

Darkchild

When I've done CQB, it's not so much room clearing as just shooting down hallways. Enemies that are in rooms already start shooting when they hear us coming. Last time I played, every room we cleared was empty; no bad guys hiding in a room.

Since it has almost always been big firefights down hallways, I've found that a short weapon that can be easily poked out of a doorway is most effective. Guys with full length M4s had difficulty shooting around corners. Any gun that is as long as a doorway is wide will have difficulty.

Also, grenades are very valuable for those clusterf**k stairwell situations.

So my team:

Everyone with pistols and a ton of mags

Military/Delta/SWAT style, team with SMG's/Carbines/Pistols, 4-7 men. 4 person entry team, 1 man breaks on the hotter side of the room, 2 man breaks opposite wall, 3&4 men come in split second later, the rest cover, last man, armed with a shotgun, breaches the room initially and then covers the hallway, and is the last man in the room after it has been secured. This requires a LOT of practice and teamwork though, meaning if you can do it well, you will totally PWN the noobs.

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived