Perfect CQB Team

newbkiller

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three four man fireteams.

Each fireteam possesses the following:

1-Grenadier (CAW, AEG with underslung AG36, M203, &c., and plenty of pyros)

1-Scout (MP7A1, P90, MP5K, AEPs and GBB pistols, and either a parascope or a dental mirror and plenty of pyros)

1-Corporal/radio operator (short AEG: CQB-R, G36C, SG552, MP5, &c., plus a radio)

1-Rifleman (anything with a 12.5 inch or longer barrel (G36K and longer))

Scout is the first one to peek around corners and is covered by the Grenadier as he/she does so. Grenadier is the chief breacher. Rifleman pulls up the rear. 'Corporal' is responsible for radioing status reports to the squad commander on a regular basis, radio silence is otherwise observed unless the vacinity has been cleared of the opposition.

Perfect Electrowerkz team:

Four Darkangels for room clearance and assault, armed with M4 varients (possibly all with varients of Lex's patriot :P)

Two Hassle guys with the signature support weapon for major suppressive fire (M249?)

One Wild 7 guy armed with whatever, to do sneaky stuff, and wild charges, and whatever other out-the-ordinary stuff you need doing...

...and Big D armed with a six cylinder grenade launcher, a 22 grenade vest, and a big smile on his face for pure ownage! :D

I think that team could take all comers in CQB. Anyone think they could defeat it? ;)

Perfect Electrowerkz team:

Four Darkangels for room clearance and assault, armed with M4 varients (possibly all with varients of Lex's patriot  :P)

Two Hassle guys with the signature support weapon for major suppressive fire (M249?)

One Wild 7 guy armed with whatever, to do sneaky stuff, and wild charges, and whatever other out-the-ordinary stuff you need doing...

...and Big D armed with a six cylinder grenade launcher, a 22 grenade vest, and a big smile on his face for pure ownage!  :D

I think that team could take all comers in CQB. Anyone think they could defeat it?  ;)

haha LOLZ i bet it was jon that crazy guy, does anything.

i have a squad of 8 four of them are armed with rifles/SMG . 2 or 1 of them are snipers (depends on area). 1 shotgunner with backup gbb. 1 suuprt/grenade guys.

SMG/Rifles=AK, M4, MP5 or G3

Sniper=VSR

Shotgun=depends personal preferance(back up hi-cappa)

Grende lancher= depends personal preferance

Support=M249

M203's kick *albatross* in CQB and G3 are great for mid ranged combat.

you called ? :D

yea i would agree with dizzy ... that team is hardcore ! got alot of firepower and the balls to get in the room !

( dizzy you not gonna reply to my pm ? :P )

jon

i like a lot of the ideas here,

but i think we are missing some guns..

heres what i would do.. but im prob not as experienced as some of you.

this is ideal for a one door room with or without windows.

6 man team

entry man - opens door/window/etc. armed with a mp5 variant. and pyros. that way he can use a "nade" or something if needed.

while entry man covers, 2 men with mp5/g3 variants enter, covering the left and right side of the room.

as they enter, two follow with m4 variants,

last and covering from behind is one man with perhaps a m3 super 90 or spas12.

they should enter and exit the room in the same order. just to make sure no one came into the hall way and catches them off guard.

heres a small pic attached of the basic entrance routes

you can get the jist of which is which

red - grenadier

red dotted is grenade

green - small smg armed men

blue - larger m4 style armed

purple - demolitions with shotgun

CQB_room_entrance_tactics.tiff

with regards to my post, which i assume was in question,

i translate:

I found the previous posters comment that 'team darkangels' was good at cqb, to be humerous

and suggested two teams in the uk that ARE good at cqb/urban warfare, not playing speedball with box mags and body armour...

them being :

Team SART - The current only UK armed police based team compriseing serving officers and forces trained members.

Team Lightfighter - lightfighter Urbans home team.

not wanting to start an electrowerkz flame war, but prefab deviders, and icle dark tunnels is speedball, id expect to play quazar in thier site. Try real buildings, thier fun :P oh, and inserting into said building from either the roof, first floor windows via apc roof, and rapelling assaults :)

simple:

gunscool_400x160.jpg

... All so called perfect teams need only one thing; playing to their strengths. Thats it. So if you have a great pistoleer you don't make him play a long M4 just because you think it makes the look better.

... Moreover, truly great teams are about two things; passion and leadership. It is a team game. You must be able to inspire and be inspired by every member of your team to play better.

You may think that I am picking hairs, but I am not. On Tuesday I watched as a well armed team got *fruitcage*ed big style by another team who were prepared to put in the effort to win.

Specific to CQB, some usual assumptions that are not correct,

1. Short accurate weapons are better.

Rubbish. All that matters is that the user is very well versed in his gun. That he can move fast, slow, jump, etc without banging it. That he can shoot very accurately from either side of his body with it. Two weeks ago a man with a full size M249 kicked the *albatross* of someone with this:

321410609_da447b0f81_m.jpg

How? He knew how to position his gun to take advantage.

2. Fast firing guns are better.

As much as I respect those who have very fast firing guns and a hankering to use them, this is just not true. Accurate and skillful movement is more important. It only takes one BB to hit someone. Watch the Electrowerkz movie over in the Electro forum (post about movie competition) and watch for Vince moving out of cover with his patriot. Vince is a big guy, but his skill level is so high that he is able to clear the door, slink around the wall and hug the cover all without taking his gun off his targets and without looking where he is going. having a fast firing gun isn't going to help a man avoid being hit.

3. Room Entry is a vital skill set.

Now my brothers, the Darkangels are trained in room entry. We love it. However, we are good at it precisely because we recognise that this is just a game. One with infinite lives. We use this understanding to our advantage. Real life military tactics will only help you so far. Airsoft room clearing skills comes from thinking outside the "Real Steel" box. None of your men are going to die so why not use that as a tactic?

We often use the "Grammaton Cleric Method", which is simply the use of one very fast running pistoleer to sacrifice himself (and hopefully take a few with him). He runs through the door screaming and draws the fire to him so that the team gain those few seconds to take the room. I have been this man for the DA's on many occasions (when I am wearing level III armour) and this tactic works great. I mentioned it once on the SNAFU boards and got back "snigger, if you lose a man entering a room , you are doing something wrong..." Frankly I relish the chance to prove myself right against these people.

4. Moscarts own in CQB.

Don't make me laugh. Moscarts cant hit *beep*. Two weeks ago I was shot at from a clean angle from maybe 15ft away and didn't get hit by anything. The guy then popped his head back around the corner to see what had happened and I single shot him with my pistol. Even DA 1, who loved the things in the past, had a 6 shot launcher and he often fired 3 or 4 at a time! Don't expect a scatter shot to make up for what should be excellent snap pistol skills.

Anyway, CQB is great fun. It is most definitely not milsim and in my opinion any person "designing" a team needs only to pick a flexible suite of weapons and REALLY train with them.

Basho

I found the previous posters comment that 'team darkangels' was good at cqb, to be humerous

and suggested two teams in the uk that ARE good at cqb/urban warfare, not playing speedball with box mags and body armour...

them being :

Team SART - The current only UK armed police based team compriseing serving officers and forces trained members.

Team Lightfighter  - lightfighter Urbans home team.

not wanting to start an electrowerkz flame war, but prefab deviders, and icle dark tunnels is speedball, id expect to play quazar in thier site. Try real buildings, thier fun :P oh, and inserting into said building from either the roof, first floor windows via apc roof, and rapelling assaults :)

The humerous is a bone, i presume you mean humorous.

Many of the DA's have attended CQB course given by the police...

... ah wait a moment, your just being a tit... silly me didn't spot it in time and almost wrote a real reply.

ok tit.

im being a tit? :P

just stateing fact... :) atending police courses, and being police officers, and forces personel is a different matter. and if you want to take this further, pm me, becuase i dont want this to decend into a slanging match as you have tried to start...

btw

thats two tits for your information

(unless ive had a mastectomy someone hasnt told me about)

and im sorry

but this does sum up electrowerkz...

321410609_da447b0f81_m.jpg

its not a militery simulation anymore... its paintball with bbs...

that thing is horrid. but thats just my opinion

and im sorry

but this does sum up electrowerkz...

http://static.flickr.com/123/321410609_da447b0f81_m.jpg

No it doesn't. To be honest, I'd wait until after you've played Electro before you pass judgement. Old school night involves a lot more tactical play, and not all the games on a normal night are focused around speedball. In fact, very few are, in my experience. The fact that the building is very compact doesn't make it any less of a "real building". It actually makes things a lot more fun than anything I experienced at LFU :)

Sorry, just my 2p.

Archived