North American Union

PILMAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAeEc23_7Ig

I can't say I know too much about it, I do know about the NATFA highway which is supposed to go to Canada, the US, and Mexico. I know there is a proposed "new" currency for the US however I can't say I know all the details. I remember Bush saying "America isn't really a place but an idea". A few people are claiming this is setting up North America to be like the European union, others are saying it's merging the 3 countrys together to compete with China. I can't say I'd agree with our 3 countrys merging as they are very very different from each other. Any comments? How is this a good thing or a bad thing? I can't really see anything good about it at all.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being just north of hell (a.k.a. God's blind spot, a.k.a. North America's armpit, a.k.a. Mexico), I don't want anything to do with Mexico. Their government is full of corruption, most of the country is poor, you can die by drinking their water and they throw off our social security. Until Mexico fixes their problems, I don't want them to have anything to do with America or our twin brother to the north.

Take note: I never insulted Mexicans so don't flame me suggesting I did.

Being just north of hell (a.k.a. God's blind spot, a.k.a. North America's armpit, a.k.a. Mexico), I don't want anything to do with Mexico. Their government is full of corruption, most of the country is poor, you can die by drinking their water and they throw off our social security. Until Mexico fixes their problems, I don't want them to have anything to do with America or our twin brother to the north.

Take note: I never insulted Mexicans so don't flame me suggesting I did.

The problems with Mexico:

-Extreme gap between rich and poor (lots of millionaires, lots of poor people, virtually no middle-class)

-Extreme corruption. A happy result of the above

-Two governments. Mexico, right now, has two parallel governments running, although this information is somewhat dated and may be inaccurate for the current situation in Mexico

-Racism. Mexico is largely run by white Mexicans, but Mexico is virtually entirely made up of Meztizo Mexicans.

My view:

• No to a common currency. The U.S. Dollar or bust.
  • No to cutting back on travel restrictions between Mexico and Canada.

1) Because it could increase the already growing illegal immigrant problem

2) It makes our country that much more vulnerable to terrorists

• Yes to a super highway connecting Mexico, Canada, and the U.S.
  • Definately NO to Canada being our twin brother
  • China...they're nothing. We can handle competition with them by ourselves
Its projected that, going at our current rates, China will become more powerful than the US in 50 years.

All I can say is bring it on. They will never be more powerful than the U.S. because:

• A.) They still have limited rights
  • B.) They don't have more nuclear weapons than us.
  • C.) They don't get very much involved in world affairs
  • D.) They use communist fighting tactics in war (i.e. human waves)
  • E.) As long as they still have Communist influence, people will not have the free market economy that we have
  • F.) What their country is experiencing now is similar to our Gilded Age (1865-1900), which puts them nearly 100 years behind in developing into an industrial power
  • G.) Much of their population is poorer than the average American
My view:
  • No to a common currency. The U.S. Dollar or bust.

Makes enough sense.

• No to cutting back on travel restrictions between Mexico and Canada.

1) Because it could increase the already growing illegal immigrant problem

2) It makes our country that much more vulnerable to terrorists

Actually, it wouldn't. Our border standards with Mexico and Canada are not as good as our airport or port security is (and both of those are laughs). If anything, it would force Canada and Mexico to bring their foreign admitance levels up to snuff.

It could also, ironically, solve our illegal immigration problem.

• Definately NO to Canada being our twin brother

Too bad they already are.

• China...they're nothing. We can handle competition with them by ourselves

Unlikely. Especially since they own about a third of us....

Its projected that, going at our current rates, China will become more powerful than the US in 50 years.

Some analysts have predicted that China will be militarily equal to us by the end of the decade.

Actually, they officially have none. Unofficially, they have one. And, while they have publicly stated that they have no interest what-so-ever in aircraft carriers, this doesn't stop them from quietly working on designs for such warships and, quite possibly, building their own in the near future.

Combine this with fact that China spends a third of its GDP on its military, they have been rapidly modernizing since Operation Desert Storm, and ultra-nationalist and, even facist, sentiment has been on the rise in PRChina of late... yeah.

Well, they don't even have any aircraft carriers yet, so that seems unlikely. (As America has 12 IIRC, and even Britain has 3)

But it is the nuclear weapons and superior weapons system technology that matters for that part. We have in the thousands...they have in the hundreds.

We have been making and supplying our military with U.S. made firearms since the early to mid 19th century, and China used German Mauser rifle copies from the late 19th century up until until the end of the Chinese Civil War when they got help and tooling from the Soviets to produce their local version of the AK47 and variants (T56) and other Soviet-style weapons. Not until the 1970s/80s did they venture and try and produce something based from their own designs and experiences. Even today, they are still using many Soviet type weapons systems.

Fact is, China does not have the kind of standards to build their weapons to like the West does with standardized ammunition and the rigorous testing that we have.

Then you have the Chinese government, which plays a big part in if they modernize into a super power or not. Who knows what might happen to the Chinese government...they've had so much political instability in the past 100 years, going from Chiang Kai-Shek, to the Maoist hard-line communism era, then Deng Xiaoping era with Tiananmen Square, and now a move somewhat towards democracy. For all we know, China could go back a few steps into the Maoist era (which would hurt their chances at evolving into a super power) or they could move ahead a few steps like western democracies and suceed at becoming that super power.

My view:

[*]Definately NO to Canada being our twin brother

Like it or not, they are. One with a higher standard of living as well.

All I can say is bring it on. They will never be more powerful than the U.S. because:

[*]A.) They still have limited rights

[*]B.) They don't have more nuclear weapons than us.

[*]C.) They don't get very much involved in world affairs

[*]D.) They use communist fighting tactics in war (i.e. human waves)

[*]E.) As long as they still have Communist influence, people will not have the free market economy that we have

[*]F.) What their country is experiencing now is similar to our Gilded Age (1865-1900), which puts them nearly 100 years behind in developing into an industrial power

[*]G.) Much of their population is poorer than the average American

The Soviet Union had many of these "problems" and was very much a threat.

We don't have as many Nukes as you may think. Of course that doesn't mean we can't glass the planet though. Also, where did you get knowledge of Chinese nuclear stockpiles?

As for E, how is that a problem? We don't have a perfect system either. Just because they have a different system, that doesn't mean that they can't be a world power (USSR?)

Human Waves? Proof?

As for industry, try reading a text book that doesn't talk about the 5 planets of our solar system.

Screw Mexico, and same with Canada. I live like 20 miles from the Canadian border and I havn't been there since I was a little kid. It's too liberal for me (and seeing how clean it is compared to Detroit on the other side nearly made me cry).

But you guys are all arguing about America vs. China. We all know America is the best country that ever has been or that ever will be, we need to just accept that fact. Even wikipedia feels that way...

americaisthebest.jpg

Yeah....except the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore...

Did China have to hold its own in a 40 year spending war? China has a huge military. 2.5 Million soldiers, with about 1.8 Million Ground troops, Over 10,000 tanks, over 4000 aircraft, and a decent Navy.

http://www.comw.org/cmp/fulltext/iddschina.html

Oddly enough, I can't find a straight answer on the combined manpower of the US military.

The day American soil is invaded is the day that all the partizan *beep* goes out the window and people revert to a WWII mentallity. And with that mentallity comes hundreds upon hundreds of production lines and plants that can churn out thousands upon thousands of tanks, guns, nukes, planes, ect everyday. not to mention the millions of gangstas, home boys, farmers, eagle eyed rednecks, hunters, gung-ho gamers, CEOs, Surburbanites and whatnot that will head to the nearest recruiting center.

Together we win!

hooray!

The day American soil is invaded is the day that all the partizan *beep* goes out the window and people revert to a WWII mentallity. And with that mentallity comes hundreds upon hundreds of production lines and plants that can churn out thousands upon thousands of tanks, guns, nukes, planes, ect everyday.  not to mention the millions of gangstas, home boys, farmers, eagle eyed rednecks, hunters, gung-ho gamers, CEOs, Surburbanites and whatnot that will head to the nearest recruiting center.

Together we win!

hooray!

You know what's sad about that?

It really does take an invasion of our home to make it happen.

Archived