North American Union

PILMAN

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or we could just switch countries- the Red Army can have the UK- lets face it, its not too spiffy right now, though an excellent fixer-upper for someone with a couple of billion people standing around not doing much- and we can all move to China and help Cyma out with its QC.

sounds like a plan to me...

i dislke your high horse mentality of the US, partialy its due to the us education and propaganda machines which continualy tell you happy things not real world issues. partialy its because you cant accept ANY persons not us of being right and yourself being wrong.

I dislike the fact that you bash people/neg rep people for their opinions...

You are being stereotypical of Americans. You think we are all a bunch of cowboys who are oblivious to the facts at hand. I happen to have a nationalistic mindset...and it seems you can't accept that. I can guarantee that we are not fed the propaganda that you think we are. We are free to think what we want.

I'm guessing you've never taken any course in American history? We don't simply write our mistakes/blunders and bad seeds out of our history books, we learn from them so that we can become a better nation. You would be suprised at how corrupted our government was in the past compared to today (1865-~1901). You would find more propaganda in that time period and that surrounding WWI, WWII, and the Cold War than today.

hell 100 years ago the lovly rights you have wernt extended to blacks were they?

Actually they had pretty much full rights from 1865-1877 as well as military protection. But unfortuneatly they caught the bad end of the deal in 1877...when some southern states were handing in two vote counts one saying the Democratic candidate won that state and the other saying the Republican won. The Democrats and Republicans babbled about it until they came to a compromise known as the Compromise of 1877. Basically the Democrats gave the Presidency to Rutherford B. Hayes in return for ending post-Civil War military reconstruction in the South and pulling federal troops out of the states that were formerly the Confederate States of America. This basically gave the KKK the green light to terrorize blacks and "good-ole" southerners to come up with Jim Crow laws. So you can blame both parties for the misery of the African-Americans from 1877-1965.

and new russian gear is on par with the US and british stuff as they have learnt what can be done to there old gear.

Ah, no. The Russians have had so many economic problems since the end of the Cold War that they have had to postpone/cancel many of their military equipment replacement projects. Many of the Russians fighting in Chechnya are still using AK74s in the old wood furniture and have yet to make many changes to their uniform since the late 1980s.

Many of their tanks have not received the upgrades they need either...

Also, their air force does not have the training that many of the western militaries have because the Russians do not have enough money to purchase many flight simulators or to fly their aircraft as much as the western air forces do.

If America continues it aggressive foreign policy chances are if push did come to shove and there was a war between the US and China (however extremely unlikely that will ever be) chances are at least some of other nations its stepped on in the past will take the opportunity to put the boot in as well.

A conventional war with China won't happen. A land war in China would NEVER HAPPEN, and a land war in the US would be impossible. Even as low as our troop count is, the United States Navy could not be passed. It would be a war of buttons and covert ops.

And as far as other nations joining in, as many "enemies" as the US has, we still have very powerful allies.

North Korea is a much bigger threat, seen as how they are led by a PSYCHOPATH. If they lashed out it would trigger something bad. The amount of military force on the North/South Korea border is unimaginable. I personally don't believe China would assist them though. Not officially anyways.

i dislke your high horse mentality of the US, partialy its due to the us education and propaganda machines which continualy tell you happy things not real world issues.

Have you considered that you have a high-horse mentality of the UK, or that you've been listening to anti-US propaganda machines?

and a land war in the US would be impossible. Even as low as our troop count is, the United States Navy could not be passed. It would be a war of buttons and covert ops.

Don't forget about the civilian gun owners, should anything get past the Navy.

Owning a gun and shooting it at a range does not even hint at the likelyhood of success against an invading trained army.

If it did, airsoft games would last much longer ;)

Well we are talking China here...they are a conscripted force, not volunteer. Training is not as crucial when you can just select who will make up your military.

I'm also pretty sure that many Americans would be very upset if they had a Chinese T96 sitting out on their lawn with the crew eating [humor]MRE egg rolls[/humor] for breakfast. Can you say, "massacre?" :o

Tell that to those untrained/poorly trained insurgents in Iraq.

Don't need to, most of those die quickly.

And the highly trained insurgents in Iraq prove the point.

Remember most of the insurgents aren't Iraqi, they're Syrian, Iranian, Saudi, Jordanian, and underwent several years of training.

Hezbollah fighters for instance undergo 5 years of training.

Well we are talking China here...they are a conscripted force, not volunteer. Training is not as crucial when you can just select who will make up your military.

I'm also pretty sure that many Americans would be very upset if they had a Chinese T96 sitting out on their lawn with the crew eating [humor]MRE egg rolls[/humor]  for breakfast. Can you say, "massacre?"  :o

Chinese trained conscripts compared with untrained average yanks who've learnt their military tactics from Rambo and Stargate?

I'm also pretty sure that many Americans would be very upset if they had a Chinese T96 sitting out on their lawn with the crew eating [humor]MRE egg rolls[/humor]  for breakfast. Can you say, "massacre?"  :o

I feel the ROFL copter has well and truley landed at the LMAO LZ when I keep hearing you americans say "We got gunz we kill al InVaD0rs", the american citizens right to bare arms would indeed be an advantage in a ground campaign but to be honest in a firefight between a group of farmers with assualt rifles and a chinese tank battalion its only going to to one way.

Having a weapon means nothing without training. Shooting voles on the farm or an hour a week at your local range doesnt count.

If war ever did engulf the US it would be following a massive nuclear strike knocking out both military strengths and infrastructure. If it was left purely to the urban militias to defend your nation my adive would be to start practicing your cantonese and madorine....

Or the highly trained British Army, which outnumbered the group of yanks who didn't know any military tactics at all, and yet beat them.

What about when the British went up against a bunch of wiley Dutch farmers armed with Mausers?

Or when the Americans waded into a war against underarmed, undernourished communists in the jungles of Vietnam and still lost....

If war ever did engulf the US it would be following a massive nuclear strike knocking out both military strengths and infrastructure. If it was left purely to the urban militias to defend your nation my adive would be to start practicing your cantonese and madorine....

Eh, I probably don't have to worry about it. My area is a major Nuclear strike target. Niagara falls supplies power to a lot of the Northeast US.

Yes, but still any and all ground troops would be at the bottom of an ocean of your choosing in their downed planes and sunken ships.

Our Navy is an undeniable force. That is fact.

Archived