North American Union

PILMAN

See the Tehran, Yalta, and Potsdam summits.

BTW - this is why wiki cracks me up, the current Yalta summit page on there has the lovely bit embedded in there, I kid you not:

Robert also appeared on behalf of his sheep farm and Al Capone (Which Robert had sex with).

Gotta love wiki's vulnerability to editors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yalta_Conference

EDIT: and just like that its gone again - damn for a screenshot. ...oh wait:

wiki-yalta.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To stop the Axis of Evil.[/creepy tone]

Seriously though:

Germany: Dominate the world/Racial prejudice

Japan: Natural Resources

Russia: Defend the motherland

America: Retaliation to Pearl Harbor/Stop Germany

Britain: Defend the home islands

What was France's objective?

How is that different from the objective of stopping the spread of Communism in Vietnam? It seems exactly the same as stopping the spread of Nazism in Europe.

Did France even fight in WW2?

How is that different from the objective of stopping the spread of Communism in Vietnam? It seems exactly the same as stopping the spread of Nazism in Europe.

Just stop. Now you're just fanning flames. 30secs of searching on google will answer your question or go to the sites I gave you. You're just arguing to bash now.

That'd be like someone saying the difference was that in WWII the US came to repel an invasion of France, whereas in Vietnam the US came to repel an invasion of one of France's colonies. Now how would a dumb statement like that do besides flaming?

Unless you really *don't* know history, in which case give me your teacher's address so I can go slap them.

The difference is that America wasn't threatened in any way. Only their ally, South Vietnam, was.

Did France even fight in WW2?

Considering they were occupied by Germany after the initial blitzkrieg, and that they were an indispensible tool for helping the rest of the Allies remove Germany...yeah.

You're just arguing to bash now.

Where the hell did that come from? I'm not "arguing to bash", I'm asking a *fruitcage* question because I don't know.

And Google? What keywords am I supposed to use? "Why the US lost the Vietnam War? US military objectives in Vietnam"? Those keywords give me jack *beep*.

I'll get answers that have the words US, lost, military, and Vietnam, and the entire damn article won't have a single thing to do with the Vietnam War at all!

or go to the sites I gave you.

What sites? The only site you mentioned was Wiki and how unreliable it is.

Where the hell did that come from? I'm not "arguing to bash", I'm asking a *fruitcage* question because I don't know.

Unless you really *don't* know history, in which case give me your teacher's address so I can go slap them.

And Google? What keywords am I supposed to use? "Why the US lost the Vietnam War? US military objectives in Vietnam"? Those keywords give me jack *beep*.

Or go to the sites I gave you.

Wiki's still better than knowing "jack" as you put it, wouldn't you say?
There wasn't one. That's why we lost.

But then again, what was the military objective in WW2?

We went to Vietnam to stop the spread of communism to go from N. Vietnam to S. Vietnam while setting up a government. The war was too unpopular so we were forced to pull out, and when we did, the Vietcong were still shooting at the helicopters.

And there was VERY little little French involvement in WWII. France was conquered quite quickly, and to see why, look at a map and see where France is. Right next to Italy, which was Mussolini, who was Hitler's partner.

Yeah - cus if there was a power player in WII, it was Italy... :D

Agreed, if any of you are versed in WW2 history you'll note that Italy did not invade france until the closing stages of the battle of France, while the BEF and French Units were already in retreat. Did you know the Italians even took part in the battle of Britain from bases in occupied France, however as almost all their aircraft were already obsolete there impact was minimal to say the least! Most of Italy's resources were geared towards the invasions of Africa.

To stop the Axis of Evil.[/creepy tone]

Seriously though:

erm, britains objecive wqas to stop germany

not america

they only attacked germany because after japan declared war on the us, germany did too... the UK declared war on germany after hitler invaded our ally

see, we were world police waaaay before america :P

erm, britains objecive wqas to stop germany

not america

they only attacked germany because after japan declared war on the us, germany did too... the UK declared war on germany after hitler invaded our ally

see, we were world police waaaay before america :P

So I'm obviously wrong that you guys only fought when Germany attacked, and you were not the ones to defend, but Hitler was.

'Kay.

... how did we get from debating the viability of an North American Union to the relative objectives of the major powers of WW2  :blink:

It's all Brucken's fault.

I left out the 'Stop Germany' as their second priority because I figured it'd be quite simple to figure out because Churchill kept asking for aid to stop Hitler before the blitzkrieg ever happened. I only added it to America's priorities because some folks wouldn't have understood. Sorry if that confused you.

Someone explain to me why I'm getting neg reps for honestly not knowing that the French military actually waged war?

My highschool history classes only passingly mentioned the French Resistance movement, and we only spent 4 days covering WW2, the majority of which dealt with the homefront.

Where exactly did I bash France's opposition to the war on terror? I never ever mentioned the war on terror in all 7 pages of this farce.

I want this stupidity to stop.

Someone explain to me why I'm getting neg reps for honestly not knowing that the French military actually waged war?

My highschool history classes only passingly mentioned the French Resistance movement, and we only spent 4 days covering WW2, the majority of which dealt with the homefront.

Where exactly did I bash France's opposition to the war on terror? I never ever mentioned the war on terror in all 7 pages of this farce.

I want this stupidity to stop.

Report it then, and give your side of the story.

confused me? you added it to them, adding it to us is more sensible, as we started it...

and churchill asked for aid to fight germany, the uk managed to defend herself quite adiquately, as i recal, the battle of britain was won before the US joined the war...

I only added it because the UK wasn't the country being questioned of it's ties in WWII. It was mainly America so that whoever it was that asked who did what in WWII understand that America actually fought for a reason that was different than Vietnam. If you want me to so badly, I'll go and edit that post, but until then, oops, sorry, I didn't mean to make you misunderstand something that was totally irrelevant to the discussion that was going on at that time.

I did, but I had to go back here and go through the reporting that way.

Is there a report button somewhere on the reps page?

Nope, all you can do is report it to a mod. Just chill, it's a silly number on the interwebs anyway.

Completely maybe not related:

1160546289962us4.jpg

Archived