Does anyone have a truly specified team role

FireKnife

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we will soon have clearly defined role's within the team , but our whole team is assigned to a specific role with in a larger team.. works like this:

258company S.O.G

we branch and are 1st Recon Squad

we (as the name suggests) are the recon element of the main group, and are a team in our own right also.. but yeah as a team of 4 (soon to be 6 possibly) we are in the process of training specifically for the sniper/spotter/recon role, and will be creating effective loadouts to suit!

we will soon have clearly defined role's within the team , but our whole team is assigned to a specific role with in a larger team.. works like this:

258company S.O.G

we branch and are 1st Recon Squad

we (as the name suggests) are the recon element of the main group, and are a team in our own right also.. but yeah as a team of 4 (soon to be 6 possibly) we are in the process of training specifically for the sniper/spotter/recon role, and will be creating effective loadouts to suit!

That sounds kickass :o

Good luck :)

every man in our team has a VERY specific role to play, right down to the part they play in fire and manoeuvre drills. this is probably only because we have an RAF officer for a team leader, so everything is over-adminised. it looks like it'll work nicely, but we have yet to test out all the training we've put in, so it could just be a case of: get raped for the first 20 mins, realise it's not working, and then revert back to the tried and tested unorganised rabble.

SS

Officially I'm the squad marksman, mostly working on counter-sniper and counter-camper tasks. I'm also the man the squad leader calls for some ninja-moves.

"*beep*, we're stuck here. Oi, Hammer, come here!"

"Yup?"

"Can you take out those bastards up the hill?"

"How much time do we have?"

"Not much"

"Sure..."

Out comes either the tuned m40, or in cqb my trusty mk23.

• 5 months later...

Armourer, quartermaster, armsdealer, grenadier (as in I carry about 10+ pyros [when allowable :) ] but I do have a 203 and a couple of rifle genades too) communications officer (keeping the radios charged), logistics and transport :).

im usually the team's sacrificial lamb,

"Oy, Bengali, run over there and we will see where they are shoting from"

"Oy Bengali, distract that sniper while we flank him"

and a lot of the time people tend to get confused about my position

"Damn, Sniper up the track, wheres Bengali, tell him we need his rifle up here, now!"

me "Um, you know this is a bolt action assault rifle not a sniper rifle dont you? im not gonna be able to hit him for *bleep*"

I'm more the one that runs in rambo style

spraying the battle field with BB's until half my ammo is gone

Rarely do I hit someone, but when i do its a funny moment

I can take it seriously to, i have enjoyed playing scout roles :)

I have played sniper once, I found it quite to un-action packed for my liking. But maybe if we were playing a defence game and I had loads of targets it may have been different

In combat terms I'm fireteam leader for Alpha Fire-team.

That job involves coordinating movements between fireteams and obviously controlling Alpha team. We're normally the assaulting fireteam so I see quite a bit of CQB action in buildings,etc.

I'm also the team's safety officer, mainly cos I'm sensible and first aid trained :P

Basicly anything safety related I have to check out. Pyro's, etc. Also on team training days I have to give a general safety brief and stuff. Tbh doesn't really involve much work :D

Also sort of joint team armourer although that's unofficial.

I've got a few roles. The main one being team ###### taker :P Followed by team ammo ###### (High caps FTW!), team DM, team sneaky *fruitcage* and lastly team mad ###### (rubber bayonet charge FTW!)

It all depends on what guns I'm using and what mood I'm in

For some reason I find the image of leadmill sat in a box highly amusing.

Infact I think I've got a box big enough for him from my MGS loaodut, I think I'll bring it on sunday :lol:

Archived