Does anyone have a truly specified team role

FireKnife

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you do know that some guns have a multi-role purpose like the XM8. HK designed the gun to fill just about every role such as, sniper, cqb, support, rifleman, grenadier, and whatever i missed.

A little off topic, but the US Army has now decided not to go with the XM8. I don't know the exact reasons, but it may be something to do with the caliber. 5.56 NATO is okay for a standard infantry rifle, but its too small to be an effective sniper or support round, it needs to be at least 7.62.

Of course you dont have that problem in airsoft, but it's just a thought.

But anyway...get back on topic! :rolleyes:

I like to go the "spec ops" route, kind of a spotter w. the ghillie and FA capability that sticks with the sniper, and gives them assistance. I'm going to customise my M4 for this role, and get a ghillie and weapon paint, along with a hideously overpowered spotting scope (ala LIDL)

Have a welty Christmas!

Automatic Rifleman/LMG almost always. If I take an AEG into the field it's close assault or nothing, I've been known to run in with the frags when carrying the CA M249 too, when you get that urge..... :)

I'm now interested in creating a signaller/runner role. At Vortex I had a blinding day not even carying a weapon (well I had frags) and kept the MG's supplied as well as yelling into two radio's. I probably got a clearer picture of the day than anyone bar the Marshalling team. :D

Im suprised no-one has said 'Demolition' as it is feasible with remote explosives and Claymores with a CQB style rifle, it would be a fresh change (and rather fun). And as c a r t e r 35 has said it is true about the XM8 as a modular weapon can only be modular within reason. The G36 can be either Full length, Carbine or SWAT rifle but it is not that good as a sniper owing to its 5.56mm or .223 caliber rounds as they are not that powerful. The 6.8mm round that is being considered is possibly able to do all the roles of a standard squad.

...I'm now interested in creating a signaller/runner role...

Damn straight dude, I'd love to have a big enough team, at a big enough event, with enough comms kit to enable me to operate as a scaly! Hell, it's my second job! :P

Problem is, 99% of Airsofters have absolutely zero radio discipline, and will use the net for trivial traffic, constantly... Makes being a RadOp at most events totally useless.

This is all depending on event ammo limits, but

RTO/assaulter

G3SBS, 9 70 rounders, 1 hi cap

HBAR

MG11E(still WIP), 3K assault drum, 8 lo cap, 3 hi cap

Sneaky ######

P226(3 mags), S10 pouch full of tennis balls(fake nades)

KM

Im suprised no-one has said 'Demolition' as it is feasible with remote explosives and Claymores with a CQB style rifle, it would be a fresh change (and rather fun). And as c a r t e r 35 has said it is true about the XM8 as a modular weapon can only be modular within reason. The G36 can be either Full length, Carbine or SWAT rifle but it is not that good as a sniper owing to its 5.56mm or .223 caliber rounds as they are not that powerful. The 6.8mm round that is being considered is possibly able to do all the roles of a standard squad.

Demo, oh yes.....:) There is always room for some madman to run forward with the "bomb" at every skirmish.

Combat Engineers or somesuch were part of the game plan at Vortex. Certain objectives could only be captured by a marked up engineer dropping a pyro in a bucket!

Great fun had setting off MK5's behind your mates to *beep* them up. One of the Paddies managed to put a lit pyro back in his trouser pockets....... Fortunately the Frog team had a prepared "action on" for exactly that. Basically they jumped on him pretty swiftly, of course they may have had other reasons for doing so. :P

Damn straight dude, I'd love to have a big enough team, at a big enough event, with enough comms kit to enable me to operate as a scaly!  Hell, it's my second job!  :P

Problem is, 99% of Airsofters have absolutely zero radio discipline, and will use the net for trivial traffic, constantly...  Makes being a RadOp at most events totally useless.

Quoted for truth. Usually you get a couple of kids who haven't figured out the sub-channels on PMR & take up a whole channel with mindless carping. "Where am you?", "Behind the tree" etc.

for the heck of it if i wanan be aone man army ill have a mini shotty on me back a M4 with 3000 box mag 2 mp5 highcaps in thigh holsters 2 pistols in leg holsters or on vest and a few grenades and go true ramob rushing ftw!!! (when i have enought money to get all that i will do it ^^ but for now ill stick with me old springers ^^)

one man army doesnt work, you sometimes need squad fire to move...

and box mags are ew...

my current team role, is fluid, but within an given area, Im the scout/sf/recon/markswoman i usually move alone, and very quiet, and circle round the enemy at a fair distance, (usually running to the other end of the site, up and around in a huge arc, then sneakin up on the undefended rear flank, exhausting, but worth it...

m4 and l96 suit me fine :)

I really want to do an M16 LMG setup for my CA M15a2, but I wont because I will not touch box mags. Apart from the fact, Im a burst fire player rather than a support gunner style anyway.

Mind you, if the team we got on Thursday return, I may well just shove an M100 in and get a box...

Im tending to fall away from my DM role in CQB now I have the CQB SEAL. Its just too convenient compared to the a2 Rifle. But I have added a plastic katana to my kit for those moments when you just *have* to jump out from behind a shower curtain and stab 2 people (like I did on Thursday).

Rifleman FTW. I want to be as close to the action as i can get. On one game i wasthe one who would flank around on his own and take out the 3 or 4 people that were pinning us down.

Fire and manovre FTW!!!

PS: i just wanna say that i have never used the full auto fucntion on my rifle- i prefer to double tap. I'm a pretty good shot but i don't want to go sniper and i prefer iron sights.

It depends, I'm the team sniper right now. But the M14 can be used in heavy fire fights. Sometimes I'll out by myself or with a spotter and ambush hit and run style. Other times I'll move in with the rest of the team providing accurate fire or just random suppresive fire. I like the modern style of snping in which the sniper travels with infantry and doesn't hit targets from concealed posistions but in the same posistions as infantry.

(ala LIDL)

LIDL? :huh:

for the heck of it if i wanan be aone man army ill have a mini shotty on me back a M4 with 3000 box mag 2 mp5 highcaps in thigh holsters 2 pistols in leg holsters or on vest and a few grenades and go true ramob rushing ftw!!! (when i have enought money to get all that i will do it ^^ but for now ill stick with me old springers ^^)

You rock springers, huh? I couldn't tell by your loadout idea. :rolleyes:

There isn't much you can do with a Mk43 or M249, bar their original purpose. Support it is. :D

I refer to my role as being that of a Spotter/Scout. I'm typically the second part of a Designated Marksman/Sniper team and when I'm on the other team, I try to work around one flank and either destroy the enemy or force them to displace, enabling friendly units to advance and/or destroy them.

Most of my team consist of Assault-oriented personalities. Light, mobile, and armed with G36Cs, P90s, UMPs, and one completely random full length M14.

There is one Designated Rifleman/Sniper armed with either a civvie AUG or an M16A4/SPR/SAM-R.

There are two Spotter/Scouts. Myself, armed historically with either a Type 89 or RK-103 and soon to be armed with a Mk14 Mod 0 EBR (which I guess would make me the Short- and Medium-Range Interdictor), and another gent armed with an M4 S-System.

We have no Support gunners.

I'm usually the guy with the small gun, probably the "pilot" one team is supposed to rescue. Or i'm just running around, filling in for people who got taken out. Like a replacement of some sort, or like a 2nd line troop. =]

Other than that, I want to be a demo, I'm going to go to the Chinatown in San Fancisco and buy some smoke bombs, square fire crackers with pull string triggers, and probably some more smoke bombs. :D

Erm... "mini shotty" is what exactly?

M4+Boxmag= :waggle: its just NOT done...

And what would the two MP5 hi caps be for? You havnt mentioned having an MP5.

You have to be 18 to use pyros, and how do you know Rambo rushing is FTW if you have springers? :blink:

Anywho, I've got a few roles really. My CA249 (wonder what thats used for... :rolleyes: ) which is oh so very fun :P

CAR-15 for when im in my 'Nam kit or fancy a light gun to carry around and do some pyrosofting (so assault really..)

Tanaka M40A1 speaks for itself really. I use it in conjunction with my CAR-15 when I feel like doing a bit of sniping.

And my MSG90 is just for very long range engagements when I feel like doing a "support sniper" sort of role..

Archived