Nationwide airsoft handgun ban United States

PILMAN

That is the key here. Parents just don't get it...

They need to be educated on the subject. I can't tell you how many times I've seen ten year old go into Wal*Mart and by a Cybergun springer with their parents... I see kids shooting each other in the streets all the time. You better believe I get really ###### at the idiots. People are simply getting stupider. :(

Prehaps now everyone will wake up and start boycotting Cybergun & the other "ring of fire" airsoft companies out there?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not generalising. I'm asking questions. I thought the Democrats were, traditionally, anti-gun. I thought your average card-carrying NRA member was a Republican.

I also was under the impression that the Democrats had a majority in the senate.

Am I right or wrong? Please clarify. :)

Generally wrong. If poll data is correct, more people in the US consider themselves moderately conservative, than consider themselves Republican.

That said, I find it hard to believe that an act like this has a chance of passing the senate because, while the Democrats hold a majority, it is only by one seat. For anything to pass in the senate without getting stalled requires at least 60 votes, not a simple majority.

Secondly, as someone stated above, they included provisions which affect the ownership of real firearms. The NRA would never stand for it.

BTW for the record, I'm a liberal democrat with strong Jeffersonian tendencies, and I'm not that much of an odd ball politically.

People are simply getting stupider. :(

Too many parents are naive to the fact at hand. Maybe there needs to be some sort of written exam that parents must pass before purchasing airsoft guns for their children. I can see social Darwinism coming into play here pretty soon...

That said, I find it hard to believe that an act like this has a chance of passing the senate because, while the Democrats hold a majority, it is only by one seat. For anything to pass in the senate without getting stalled requires at least 60 votes, not a simple majority.

Also keep in mind that there are conservative Democrats out there too that love guns. Not every Democrat is like Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy...

*Disclaimer*

-Generic Guinness comment not directed at any one person or 'the sky is falling' thread author-

I am increasingly dissatisfied with the habit we have gotten ourselves into of the occasional "OMG! They are gonna take my guns away!!" threads.

If the purpose is to inform and move people to act, then honestly, tell me what a group of people that live all over the planet, not just in whatever country is currently 'under personal freedoms siege du jour' and that still have an average age under voting age, exactly what are these teenagers going to do about it?

Generally what happens are threads similar to this one where folks opine and gas-on about something that they not only can do nothing about, but often doesn't have the slightest impact on their lives or hobby.

Now, before the rejoinders begin, the obvious exception is UK's VCR Bill and the "Save Our Sport" campaign- However it must also be noted that the 'fat lady hasn't sung yet' so that situation is indeed no where near over, but it does look promising. And by all accounts, the 'call to arms' of the Airsoft community was beneficial in communicating to the government the will of the people. ......well the Airsoft people at least ;)

So here is a request from the group of Airsofters that would rather see threads about cool and exciting new guns, accessories, uniforms, tac gear, torches, rails, metal slide and frame kits, upgrade parts, Hop up systems, How-To Articles, after action reports, news on new fields to play on, pictures of people with their cool and exciting guns, accessories, uniforms.....ya see where I'm going with this?

Anything but "What are we going to do when our parents tell us that we can't buy guns anymore" threads......... :rolleyes:

I mean seriously, if someone said 'Hey, next week there is a public town counsel meeting in Sleepyville USA regarding a new town ordinance making it unlawful to possess, use, think about, fantasize or even daydream about anything involving BB guns, I would be there with my '...from my cold dead hands' teeshirt.

....If I lived in Sleepyville USA

If I read an article saying "US Congress to limit the availibility of replica BB guns because they apparently can't do a damned thing about that guy in the White House and his obsession with shooting things" then I would look into contacting my local NRA (I'm in Colorado, a very 'Red' state) supporting Congressman and see what could be done.

But until that time, please, please, PLEASE let these discussions be white noise in the background- because the reality is, these threads don't do anything but take up time and space that could be used for real issues.

....like when those new Classic Army guns are coming.

At very minimum, 60% of Arnies audience is in a position to do precious little if indeed the US Gubment decided tomorrow to enact laws to limit our use and enjoyment of Airsoft products. Meaning they aren't old enough to do anything or don't even live here- And of the remaining 40%, based on demographic info from Arnies site, less than half of those Adults live in the US.

So I'm begging ya'll, no more The Sky is Falling threads ok Henny Penny(s) ?

*End of Guinness rant #12207* ;)

Slainte!

-G

Could somebody please explain to me why a boycott of Cybergun products is a good idea?

Or, more specifically, why it's all fine and dandy to buy cloned AEGs from the likes of Cyma, Double Eagle and Both Elephant when it's mostly their cheap springers that are used negligently as much as any product of Cybergun?

Bear in mind that Cybergun merely resell other manufacturers products.

Unless you're a complete hypocrite, you can't very well demand a boycott on Cybergun products without also boycotting the same products as sold by UTG and Leapers.

Now, should I go back to the thread about cloned guns and see which people were saying how great they are? :mellow:

Or, more specifically, why it's all fine and dandy to buy cloned AEGs from the likes of Cyma, Double Eagle and Both Elephant when it's mostly their cheap springers that are used negligently rather than any product of Cybergun.

Bear in mind that Cybergun merely resell other manufacturers products.

Unless you're a complete hypocrite, you can't very well demand a boycott on Cybergun products without also boycotting the same products as sold by UTG and Leapers.

Now, should I go back to the thread about cloned guns and see which people were saying how great they are? :mellow:

I was leading up to that, hence the "ring of fire" remark..

But, first we need to compile a list of the "ring of fire" companies and let them know that their products aren't welcome on our fields.

Too many parents are naive to the fact at hand. Maybe there needs to be some sort of written exam that parents must pass before purchasing airsoft guns for their children. I can see social Darwinism coming into play here pretty soon...

What about some form of exam that you need to take before you're allowed to become a parent? You need a driving license before you can have a car to make sure you don't ruin someone's life but having a kid is a right that everyone should have despite the fact that a parent may fruitcage-up their kid because they don't know what they're getting themselves into.

Great for those who know what they are doing with them, but not great for the backyardsofter who runs down his street spraying the neighbors BMW.

I'd be just as wary of the kid who shoots his TM M4 in his street because it's too far to travel to an airsoft field or the kid who climbs up on his roof with his (freshly painted) CA M24 to take some photographs.

Cheap guns do not make people stupid.

*SNIP*

Guinness while i largely agree with what your saying I dont think we should sit back on our Lorals and see what happens, Honestly I have no problem paying an extra 20-50 bucks to own an airsoft gun, etc... I dont think Licensing is the way to go but something has to be done, an educational video, extra fees something to prevent this ###### from happening... Also getting a nationally recognized organization to defend us or make our own... something to defend our *albartroth* incase it happens again is not a bad idea but is still a ways in the future.

I can hear alot of people going, Airsoft is underground thats why I like it, but it WONT be underground for long if this congressional bull *beep* doesnt stop.

Banning Cheap guns is denying ourselves of our start in Airsoft, I personally started off with a 70 dollar LPEG but I played responsibly with my friends... I've heard and even seen people playing with the same gun in far worse situations... stuff like that has to stop.

I dont think its the companies that are the problem. I would place the blame on parents and retailers. Honestly I believe that some form of licensing would be a great idea for both retailers and owners. This would make it nearly impossible for a typical immature kid to buy the guns without his parents going out of thier way to let him have it. Also it would likely pull all guns off of the shelves at the local Wal-mart and *rickrolls* as these establishments would probably not go through the trouble of attaining registration for all store branches.

Pleas keep in mind that the above would only be necessary if we were forced to make a compromise with the govt.

Just to be safe I think we should have a website ready where we could discuss or share ideas (arnies subforum might help too..... hint hint) along with a petition and some letters that could be sent to representatives. In essence something similar to how the Brits responded to the VCRB. One thing we need to realize is that if we start early, our chances of success and stopping this legislation are much higher.

I definitely agree with Guiness- stop freaking out guys and lets take action!

Guinness while i largely agree with what your saying....

I hear ya UrPeaceKeeper, ncthorn- thanks-

I'm just saying what can a group of youngin's (as my daddy would say) do about all that here on an Airsoft forum?

Trust me, if the sky was indeed falling, there would be plenty of venues to discuss it and plan action other than Arnies-

And here is another statistic for ya-

More young people and adults are killed or injured each year using a perfectly legal, acceptable, common thing that is also a 'hobby' or pasttime for many humans. However, while laws and education have yet to make a measurable difference in the injury statistics, this activity only increases in popularity.

What is this dangerous product that we should be protecting ourselves from you ask?

...The Automobile ;)

Slainte!

-G

Guinness while i largely agree with what your saying I dont think we should sit back on our Lorals and see what happens, Honestly I have no problem paying an extra 20-50 bucks to own an airsoft gun, etc...  I dont think Licensing is the way to go but something has to be done, an educational video, extra fees something to prevent this ###### from happening... Also getting a nationally recognized organization to defend us or make our own... something to defend our *albartroth* incase it happens again is not a bad idea but is still a ways in the future. 

I can hear alot of people going, Airsoft is underground thats why I like it, but it WONT be underground for long if this congressional bull *beep* doesnt stop.

Banning Cheap guns is denying ourselves of our start in Airsoft, I personally started off with a 70 dollar LPEG but I played responsibly with my friends... I've heard and even seen people playing with the same gun in far worse situations... stuff like that has to stop.

I already pay an extra 50-100 bucks a gun. Between customs taxes and shipping charges, I think I've already paid enough to get into the club.

i swear if they do ban the slae/trade/anything with airsoft i #$@ myself. i mean this is getting more retarded than ever because $@$ ^$%@$@ kids are taking them and sayin "yo i guuna shoot ya with my gat dawg all of u down!" because i mean wat about teenagers who know about and love the hobby :D . this isnt fair but if they do somehow pass the law im gunna save my $$$ before it and beg my parents and friends to buy as much stuff before the ban so it we wont be left with jack. i dunno because i even got scared about when the U.K. got the ban coming.......

we all need to form a new religion and protest like those ^!@#%&* hippies did in '67.

i swear if they do ban the slae/trade/anything with airsoft i #$@ myself. i mean this is getting more retarded than ever because $@$ ^$%@$@ kids are taking them and sayin "yo i guuna shoot ya with my gat dawg all of u down!" because i mean wat about teenagers who know about and love the hobby :D . this isnt fair but if they do somehow pass the law im gunna save my $$$ before it and beg my parents and friends to buy as much stuff before the ban so it we wont be left with jack. i dunno because i even got scared about when the U.K. got the ban coming.......

we all need to form a new religion and protest like those ^!@#%&* hippies did in '67.

... :mellow:

I don't know whether to laugh or neg rep. Opinions?

Archived