Nationwide airsoft handgun ban United States

PILMAN

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Sits back, watches and shrugs as everything he just ranted about is proven before his eyes.........

:huh:

Well said dookieboy- I think you should send that to your congressman just as you wrote it- don't change a thing.........

<_<

-G

Sorry guys I was typing fast. And I just think its quite retarded because 99% of the time its not the "real" airsofter's fault in all of the violence thats causing these people to think like this. And what do you mean laugh or negative points? I'm not a noob, I fully understand airsoft and not one 10 year old kid going off. So please don't go off in laughing at me. I'm another true airsofter too.

thanks,

dookieboy

So, one more thing I must've missed, If we own airsoft guns NOW, and Satan squeezes this through the anus that is our government, will the nice policemen take our guns away, or are we exempt if we already own them?

And remember to vote libertarian!

So, one more thing I must've missed, If we own airsoft guns NOW, and Satan squeezes this through the anus that is our government, will the nice policemen take our guns away, or are we exempt if we already own them?

Depends. I would imagine that ex post facto applies to this.

Yes, so we can have a repeat of the 1992 Perot failure..

Seriously, don't throw your vote away. Do the responsible thing and back Ron Paul for the GOP nomination, because honestly hes the closest thing we're going to ever get to a libertarian canidate thats taken seriously in our lifetime.

will the nice policemen take our guns away?

No, that is unless you start bragging and flashing the damn things around..

This is going to be very very difficult to fight, airsoft guns not being covered under the 2nd ammendment and I doubt the NRA is going to do anything about it. Most people are going to feel this is for the better. (The parents against toy guns). I don't think this will affect bb guns however.

The NRA protects firearms, not bb guns or toys or airsoft replicas.

The NRA actually does have a vested interest in protecting airsoft (and other replica guns). Because if the government bans the replicas that is just one step closer to banning real guns.

Now I'm not saying the NRA will fight equally as hard for replicas as they would for real steel, but they will fight for it.

Here's where I see all the recent legislative attempts to ban airsoft in the US going...

I think in most cases the attempts to ban it all together will fail, but will instead end in a ban for minors. Which honestly I have little problem with.

If it keeps airsoft legal as a whole, I'll gladly throw the kids under that bus.

That´s why I love to live in a backwater Third World country: I can dupe my government anytime regarding airsoft, with just one letter to the authorities stating that it is a "Toy" replica... if that should fail, then a call to the local news station (they´re starving for news as January is summer vacation time down here, and there are absolutely no news whatsoever to show on TV) and there you go: instant media coverage about that "evil government officials that want to take away the sporting equipment hardly earned by working kids who want to stay out of drugs and trouble by practicing sports".

Welcome to the mind of a Democrat...where nothing makes any kind of sense as long as you get a TV soundbite and make 'conservatives' look like evil evangelist fascists.

Nice generalization. The same can be said for many conservatives. How about you get past the titles and look at people's acutal opinions.

That said Im all in favor of requiring a liscense or training to become a retailer of airsoft guns. Its not the dedicated airsoft retailers that are allowing morons to get cheap springers, its the under-payed under-educated wal-mart employee who cant wait to go on a ciggy break.

Hey. How about we start at least getting a plan together to start dealing with this, so we have a better chance of getting something done if need be. I'm not the most up to date on a lot of these issues, but I'll help do whatever I can.

We should at least start working on a letter to send to our congressmen/women now so that we can come up with something refined enough to get everyone to sign and send off.

Perhaps we can start a new thread with a few people composing a good solid petition, we can revise or vote on them if we have a few. This way we can at least begin to be heard before this goes too far to stop or revise.

I think that it could be a good idea to offer some ideas of our own as to how to help reduce the problems that got this bill proposed in the first place. Things such as an age limit/registration that would limit the sales of airsoft in places such as Walmart and ######'s. This way we'd come across as sane upstanding citizens as opposed to freaking out about our toys.

I'm willing to draw up a draft of a letter and start a new thread if you guys are willing to work together to make this work.

I really think it would be a good idea to get our voice heard early rather than later, even if there is a slim chance of this bill going through. Responding now will do us a lot more good than later.

I'm curious, what kind of response did you guys get? Also, how did you make your pitch to your congressmen?

Most of them said that they have never heard of airsoft, but that they are now glad that they know that is a sport among many people around the world. We said how we felt, not much filler, some history behind the sport and how it involves honesty and code of conduct. A lot of members are ex military and noted that in their letters.

Doesn't that bill include further restrictions on real steel firearms as well? If so, then we could expect on some NRA assistance. Of course, NRA and that ###### congressman can still screw us over by compromising on the bill, but that's a small possibility. If the NRA steps in, that ###### congressman will get raped faster than he did in the shower room of San Quentin...

...As I watch this thread descend into chaos, I just have one question.

Show of hands- How many of the "Let's get a plan together" posters are 18 or older?

And please be honest- I'm curious about the 'Political Power' the under 18 age group in America really has- (or thinks they have) Yes, they have quite a bit of buying power but that does not translate into legislative power by any stretch.

So tell us, those of you 'calling everybody to arms!' which one of you is-

A.) Voting age

B.) Holds a steady Job and is prepared to take time away from feeding yourself or your family to pursue defeating this bill- Because that entails going to Washington and lobbying the Congress or Senate or where ever the hell this 'Bill' is right now. Didja know that?

C.) Is prepared to organize and coordinate letter writing campaigns, petition initiatives, or take spend money with the media communicating your position?

I want to hear from the committed ADULTS on this issue- seriously, kids aren't going to get this one done, sorry-

-G

keep in mind that most bills proposed never go anywhere. This is most likely just pandering for votes. It is vague, there is no Senate version, there is no definition of "toy" or any other term in this proposed law. It is very thin, not what you normally see in solid legislation, not that it can't pass.

Also, if you are under 18, not much use writting your congress critter, if you can't vote they don't care.

Archived