SHOT Show thread

johny_blaze

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might as well call it the KME 556 or KME-D now :D.

I would say not to worry, because this looks like a by-product variant of the PTS PDR-D GBB (which KWA also OEM's).

To elaborate on my previous post, like Zereck had said a few posts earlier, it looks like KWA's gonna do the two versions of the KME (the original one with Vector mags and the new one with LM4 mags).

However, since KWA appears to have been working a lot lately at developing the new bullpup PTS PDR-D GBB (which was revealed a few days ago), and this new "SMG-8'd" KME, it's probably best not to worry (but also not to hold your breath) for the original KME Vector version, which'll be probably released after these new 5,56-style guns (hence explaining the original KME 45's mysterious absence from this year's SHOT).

That krebs AK at the bottom of the first day pics. Is that a GBBR from KWA?

Yeah, from KWA Performance's Facebook page they call it the KWA AKG-KCR, they have a couple of pics on it on the following entries:

https://www.facebook.com/kwaperformance/photos/a.10150119136680813.316486.52611140812/10152922854060813/

https://www.facebook.com/kwaperformance/photos/a.10150119136680813.316486.52611140812/10152924587740813/

Also, another pic of the new KME:

https://www.facebook.com/kwaperformance/photos/a.10150119136680813.316486.52611140812/10152924599350813/

I'm most excited for the Odin Innovations M12 speed loader seen at the ZShot booth. It looks to be more user friendly than the EF SL14. 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1497811633830046

Loads better than the Elite Force Pump Action one, this is more like my old electric one. Will fit in a double mag ouch so simple open flap pop mag on top and wind, loaded mag. Great.

Loads better than the Elite Force Pump Action one, this is more like my old electric one. Will fit in a double mag ouch so simple open flap pop mag on top and wind, loaded mag. Great.

totally agree, this is just a brilliant design, just don't want the other mag types being neglected. 

fed up of everyone only ever releasing things for STANAG style mags and "promised" adaptors for others never appearing. some of us don't have a room filled with armalites!

totally agree, this is just a brilliant design, just don't want the other mag types being neglected. 

fed up of everyone only ever releasing things for STANAG style mags and "promised" adaptors for others never appearing. some of us don't have a room filled with armalites!

Some of us don't have a bunch of stanag mags, but most of us do. There's no point in releasing it for say the uzi first, because they'd never make enough money to make it worth while doing a second run for another mag type.

I think there is no hurt in making the loader a bit different, with a loader end like a regular loader. It should be not very hard to hold a mag and loader with one hand and onother one to spin the loading mechanism.

Of course it will not be as easy or comfortable, but if I can use one for my m4AKMP5AEP mags, and from a potential buyer point of view, I think it will be easier for me to decide purchasing one

Some of us don't have a bunch of stanag mags, but most of us do. There's no point in releasing it for say the uzi first, because they'd never make enough money to make it worth while doing a second run for another mag type.

im not saying that they should release another mag type first as yes the stanag mag is the most common, but they should release as many adaptors for it at release rather than waiting 6,12,18 months for other adaptors to come out if they do at all. if they produced the adaptors at the start then many more will be sold to a much wider market

I think more likely the way they're looking at how much that would cost them- first off the design they have now is built *around* the stanag mag, you're not looking at an adapter to fill AK or G36 mags there, that's a whole rebuild of the system, you can't fit a g36 mag in the same space.

Second if it were possible to fit an adapter, they'd be stuck with a dilemma, what if most folks only want it for stanag mags? they spent money on R&D and manufacture of a half dozen adapters that either go unsold if packaged separately or push the price of the product up if bundled in, maybe enough to push sales down enough were the whole scheme is unprofitable.

Starting with an armalite is boring, but it's the safe bet.

I understand why theyd go with the AR platform, but I think that the "clip the mag into the loader" idea is unnecesary, we have been using loaders with no compatibility issues or adaptors since the dawn of airsoft. They could just have made the end of the loader like a regular one and more people would have bought it, thats for sure, because people who have ONLY AR platforms is limited comared to eople who has ARs, AKs, M14s... and who already have regular loaders which works in all their mags, so, why buy now a loader which will only work in their ARs?

Thats my humble opinion

Yes, but I wouldnt buy a speed loader just for my AR since I already have two KWA speedloaders which already have great features and work perfectly for all my AEG and AEP mags

I sincerily think this is a great idea, fast comfortable mag reload plus big capacity and easiness of carrying, I just dont think they nailed it completely with the "only AR mags compatibility", which is very easy to fix now before they go into production

Anyway, I will be buying one or two since I think I can fix the compatibility issue

Archived