Lancaster

Remington 870

Airsoft/Paintball/4,5mm steel bbs

RS 12 Gauge shell ejecting

CO2/HPA powered

Full steel body

SHOTGUN

Made in Russia

If you have never heard of there is a small custom shop called Uralskaya Kuznitsa in the city of Ekaterinburg - they develop and build to order some interesting stuff including full steel Minigun and airsoft mortar launchers. Now they are working on another shotgun on the market, but it could be very interesting though barrely legal in some coutries (but we all remember TAG 40mm grenades disscussion and enormous preoccupation among airsoft community - today TAGs are available worldwide).

Some bulletpoints defined by the developer. The shotgun should:

- withstand doors and windows breaching with no harm to functionality

- be operational after being dropped into water, mud or snow

- be operational after - 30'C cooldown

- have RS lifetime

- work with any type of gas (CO2, HPA) with maximum pressure of 900-1000psi

- shoot multiple bbs on 30-40 meters max

- have adjustable power

- use RS type tube magazine and shells extraction

- use RS 12 Gauge shells with no modifications. 1 shot-1 shell. No blasting-cap, no gunpowder

- no technical capability to fire real round

- gas reservoir in the buttstock charged through quick-disconnect adapter from CO2 fire extinguisher or another gas tank

- keep enough gas to shoot 40-60 shots (classic buttstock)

- be made of steel, real wood/plastic

- have blued or phosphating finish

- have feasibility to instal later developed tactical stocks and pistol grips

In Russia it will be most probably certified as a paintball device due to max.14J limit (3J for airsoft afaik).

First batch will be 50 units. Release - 2015. Initialy planned price - 25K Rub (may be changed as Rub was significantly devalued during development and today 25K Rub equals $) 385 :)

Sound crazy isnt it? But it's usual for Russian R&Ds though

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, a 12 gauge shell without primer is just a container. Granted they could make their own proprietary ones but that's extra strain for production when there is readily available alternative.

Anyway, great concept! I have long waited when people grasp that it's the external power that can really make these things shine. Goes for all gas powered bigger than smg. Air for precision and CO2 for multiple projectiles.

Looking forward to hear more of this.

It's times like these I really wish I could remember all the relevant laws (or even where to look).   I would not mind leaving the shells around given the price of real ones, if the system is legal and the power output can be dialled down to a nice safe level.  You can't really beat the sound and feel of a pump; I love shooting rifles and machine guns and while a gas system doing the cycling for you is practical it's not as fun in certain ways, like changing gears in your car.

A cursory search is showing 12 bore cases at around a tenner for 100 and personally I doubt I'd use 50 in a day of CQB.  Though weirdly primed cases seem to be cheaper than once-fired ones... not too familiar with the nomenclature used by some of the shooting related retail sites in the UK so maybe I'm missing something.  Are the percussion caps not the bit you need an SGC/FAC for?

http://claygame.co.uk/products/detail/bulk-12ga-cheddite-cases-cx2000

It's more legal than moscarts / aps / Tanaka I should imagine? As the power source is not contained within the cartridge, but wow, yeah, didn't know they were that cheap, £45 for a 1000, happily leave them lying around as long as the site doesn't get off with us littering the place with it, but then people already do that with BFGs spent cases it seems? 

The gas isn't contained in the shell. Its blown through the shell like a maruzen. So its essentially a maruzen on steroids with the best optional ammo selection.

Would be legal in the US as its safe and cannot fire real shells even if it can chamber them.

I can't imagin it would be illegal in the uk since the bbs and propelliant are not both in the shell, but I'm not tha familiar with uk laws.

It's times like these I really wish I could remember all the relevant laws (or even where to look).   I would not mind leaving the shells around given the price of real ones, if the system is legal and the power output can be dialled down to a nice safe level.  You can't really beat the sound and feel of a pump; I love shooting rifles and machine guns and while a gas system doing the cycling for you is practical it's not as fun in certain ways, like changing gears in your car.

A cursory search is showing 12 bore cases at around a tenner for 100 and personally I doubt I'd use 50 in a day of CQB.  Though weirdly primed cases seem to be cheaper than once-fired ones... not too familiar with the nomenclature used by some of the shooting related retail sites in the UK so maybe I'm missing something.  Are the percussion caps not the bit you need an SGC/FAC for?

http://claygame.co.uk/products/detail/bulk-12ga-cheddite-cases-cx2000

as far as i know you dont need a license for any of the reloading components for shotguns, last time i bought stuff for reloading i bought a tub of red dot and they didnt require me to show my license for that and then when i ordered several hundred primed cases from siarm.com in italy (better/ cheaper than buying in the uk with a wider selection of cases/wads ect) they didnt require any form of special dangerous goods delivery or presentation of my license on order or delivery

i was always under the impression that a license was needed for all components until i actually bought the stuff and was never asked to present it at any point

it may be one of those odd firearm loopholes like how you don't need a license to possess shotgun ammunition but you do need one to purchase them in the first place

but yeah if this comes to fruition best bet would be to buy primed hulls and get something like a lee load all for £40 and just use it to decap the primers, using once fired from a clayshoot may need resizing/trimming ect

ill be all over this if it makes it to the uk although would sooner see a mossberg 500/590

I've never been asked for my ticked when buying shotgun ammo, but you're not supposed to be able to buy without it.

Not sure on reloading components, but think it's the same.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

Also happy for the thread to go back on topic :P

I guess it depends how you come across in a shop when buying ammo.   If you have your trousers around your ankles, baseball cap and can barely string a sentence together, you'll get asked for your ticket.

If it is the law you will get asked for it, period. Its not worth there lively hood not to obey the law.  Powder primers etc used be off ticket in the days I used to spend Saturday watching TV sat a a Black N Decker Workmate who loading a few hundred .44 magnums for Sunday.

IIRC Powder is know on ticket but not primers, I will check tomorrow.

The problem with these if they chamber real shells is some idiot somewhere will try to convert one, and if its made of steel it is doable.  If it isn't illegal at the moment it will be. I just hope it doesn't end airsoft as we know it when it happens.

Archived