VFC'S SCAR GBB

pjcat1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#$#$%^$##@#&$#*$*%$$#%$#%#$#$ I was just about to pull the trigger on the WE, now I have to wait for this. I am trying not to get too excited becasue we all remember the GBB SCAR Inokatsu promised us two years ago :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also what is new on the Gen. IV? The only diffence I see is the CQC flash hider, but that is just an add-on.

I just hope the VFC has proper blowback, the bolt on the WE only goes back about halfway.

my dream would be for a GBB G36, but a nice GBB SCAR do just fine for me :D

EDIT: *fruitcage* I just realized how much this thing is gonna cost...looking at the G&P GBBs they cost $200-$300 more than their AEG counterparts. If this is the case with the VFC we're looking at a potentially $600-$700 gun :o! Good thing I've got $700 :D!

Now this is the news I've been waiting for! I'm very happy to see that VFC isn't going to be left behind on the GBB-R wagon. It will be very interesting to see what other models they release in the future :D

Though it does make the decision on which system to support (WE based or WA based) all the more tough.

We can support both perhaps??..both have upgradeable/replaceable parts..more for the WA system than the WE..and yet the WE has more affordable mags although now others are coming out for the WA such as GHK mags. Who knows maybe VFC might have their own, or may just copy a design.

We can support both perhaps??..both have upgradeable/replaceable parts..more for the WA system than the WE..and yet the WE has more affordable mags although now others are coming out for the WA such as GHK mags. Who knows maybe VFC might have their own, or may just copy a design.

I'd be all for that, but the issue here is that each systems mag's are currently incompatible with each other, buying two different sets of STANAG mags will get expensive very quickly.

My hope is that VFC did their own thing and modified the WA system or even made their own. They were sort of ahead of their compition with their bolt stop and ambi-safety desgins, so lets hope this inovation carries over to their GBB's. I am just hopeing they didn't copy WE, because I had just gotten over that *fruitcage* brass cylinder when I realized the bolt only went back half way. *facepalm*

I'd be all for that, but the issue here is that each systems mag's are currently incompatible with each other, buying two different sets of STANAG mags will get expensive very quickly.

Very very true ironwolf. I've always been a big fan of VFC and their AEG series, along with their extreme attention to detail. Hopefully whatever design they went with, all the kinks should be relatively worked out. And as for the mags, perhaps regardless I'm sure someone else is gonna come out with a cheap copy that would be affordable for us all who want to join the GBB wagon. I personally have been going back and forth trying to figure out which one to go with, but as patience shows, the more you wait the more there will be to see.

I my eyes there is no "wrong" chioce. I think the WE is the better system because it is cheaper and is more reliable. That doesn't mean that I prefer it, however, because I think the realism of the WA puts it ahead of the WE. What it all comes down to is which system you prefer; it's as simple as that.

I absolutely agree with you Oggy..If I had the money I'd take that Mk18 metal body kit off your hands...*hint hint I just might hint hint*...and make myself a realistic as can be dream Mk18, which of course can yet be done with the WE system. And I do agree the WE seems to be more skirmishable out of the box as compared to the G&P WOCs, which I'm sure are with a bit of upgrade parts. In the end it does all come down to personal preference as well as affordable budget.

The Gen IV has a redesigned selector which is actually very nice. They reduced the throw required to switch between safe, semi and auto.

One side is also shorter so that way it doesnt interfere with your trigger finger.

The front and rear sights were also slightly redesigned.

The color on this VFC replica is still a little bit off.

WooHoo! :D

I'm loving this constant stream of new gas blowback rifles! Mind you I have zero interest in a SCAR (looks too much like a fish for my taste) but the rising popularity of gas blowback rifles can only be a good thing IMHO. Now, as soon as someone puts out a GBB MP5 with a bolt that locks when the mag is empty I'll be first in line to buy it. I'm thrilled that there's a gas blowback MP7 on the way from KWA and I've already got one on preorder, but I sure would like a MP5 as well ^_^

Now, as soon as someone puts out a GBB MP5 with a bolt that locks when the mag is empty I'll be first in line to buy it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression the bolt on a real MP5 doesn't lock back after the last round? Hence the need to pull back on the cocking handle, lock it up and give it the HK slap as part of the reloading process.

Archived