Warning! Counterfeit Product Alert

allizard

COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT ALERT

City of Industry, CA – September 22, 2009 – Lately we have discovered counterfeit products bearing the KWA registered mark and also that of our OEM partner. These counterfeits are being sold to customers as genuine articles at full retail prices. Products counterfeited range from current productions to models no longer deemed legal to import by KWA USA.

The counterfeit airsoft products being sold do not compare in build quality or performance capability to any authentic KWA model. Please note that KWA USA is not responsible, will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from the use of counterfeit products and will not provide warranty service or any technical support of counterfeit products.

Genuine KWA products should be purchased from KWA USA authorized dealers and distributors. For a complete list of authorized resellers, please visit our web site at www.kwausa.com and click on the “Where to Buy” section.

We would also like to ask for your help in identifying any retailers or distributors selling counterfeit products. If you have any information regarding counterfeit products, or suspect you may have one, please call us at 1(626)581-1777 or email us at support@kwausa.com.

Thank you for your continuous support of KWA products.

About KWA USA

KWA USA is the exclusive North America importer and master distributor for KWA products servicing the Americas. Based in City of Industry, California, KWA USA is dedicated in providing high performance products and exceptional services to the MILSIM and Professional airsoft industry.

For information: http://www.kwausa.com

Phone: 1-626-581-1777

###

i just bought the kwa mac 11 and the piston has broken now after about 500 shots...

but its just speculation.

If you have your original receipt and within 45 days KWA can repair it under warranty. Just contact the help desk or customer service if you have questions.

Just wondering...

Can Alizard please clarify what we're talking about here?

The word "conterfeit" implies that a 3rd party is manufacturing a product and then sticking a KWA logo on it.

Is that what's going on here or is it a case of OEM KWA products being privately imported into the USA rather than coming through the official KWAUSA importer?

If people are being sold chinese guns with a KWA logo on they need to know how they can identify the counterfeit items and get refunded.

If, however, it's really just a case of unoffical imports then customers can at least be assured the item is of the expected quality.

I'd also hope Alizard has the decency to respond in an honest and open manner.

Just wondering...

Can Alizard please clarify what we're talking about here?

The word "conterfeit" implies that a 3rd party is manufacturing a product and then sticking a KWA logo on it.

It is implied to 3rd party making our products that advertise with our company name.

Is that what's going on here or is it a case of OEM KWA products being privately imported into the USA rather than coming through the official KWAUSA importer?

That is not the case. KWA Taiwan did not export KWA GBB models to other territories except USA. Some retailers in HK are actually mislabeling them as KWA/KSC. They should be labeled as KSC (manufactured by KWA)

If people are being sold chinese guns with a KWA logo on they need to know how they can identify the counterfeit items and get refunded.

That I can not answered and you'll have to deal with the retailers directly. ID guide is now posted on our forum.

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1513

If, however, it's really just a case of unoffical imports then customers can at least be assured the item is of the expected quality.

It is a counterfeit. And there is no possibility for an un-offical imports. There are a lot tell tail signs which indicates it's a counterfeit then our current guide is allow to post. However, a few things I can say is the imperfection of finishing is quite evidence. Secondly counterfeiter is using an incorrect packaging that we haven't use for over 2 years.

I'd also hope Alizard has the decency to respond in an honest and open manner.

Replied in RED.

Honestly there are a lot of things I wish I can say publicly. I was an active and reputable members on multiple airsoft related forums for years and ever since I'm publicly associated with KWA, people have every rights to question my motive when I post. And for decades the perception of KWA and KSC has never been completely clear to the airsoft community. That said, PM if you have further questions. I'm sure you will have plenty.

And yes.. the ID guide is here. In case if you miss it in the reply.

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1513

cheers...

It is implied to 3rd party making our products that advertise with our company name.

Sorry, I don't understand that.

To make it simpler:-

#1) These are products manufactured in the KWA factory that have found their way to the USA when they shouldn't have.

#2) They're conterfeit products made by another, unrelated, manufacturer branded with KWA markings?

I don't mean to be pushy but it's the best way that you can squash these suggestions that it's the same as when Star tried to suggest that Ares products were "counterfeits". :)

So just pick #1 or #2.

*EDIT*

Bit confused by this as well... :unsure:

That is not the case. KWA Taiwan did not export KWA GBB models to other territories except USA. Some retailers in HK are actually mislabeling them as KWA/KSC. They should be labeled as KSC (manufactured by KWA)

See, the thing is that I have several KWA GBBs that I have purchased in shops in the UK. They came in KWA boxes with KWA instruction sheets.

I'm willing to believe that they were NOT intended for the UK market and that they were imported by an independant wholesaler rather than through an official distributor.

None of that leads me to believe that the items are "counterfeit" though. It just means they are "grey imports".

I hope that goes some way to helping define what I mean by "counterfeit".

Sorry, I don't understand that.

To make it simpler:-

#1) These are products manufactured in the KWA factory that have found their way to the USA when they shouldn't have.

Nope... they are definitely NOT manufactured in KWA factory.

#2) They're conterfeit products made by another, unrelated, manufacturer branded with KWA markings?

Correct. It varies from different models and inconsistent to our build quality.

I don't mean to be pushy but it's the best way that you can squash these suggestions that it's the same as when Star tried to suggest that Ares products were "counterfeits". :)

It is fair game to ask these questions. No comment about Star.

So just pick #1 or #2.

I guess I answered both of them....

*EDIT*

Bit confused by this as well... :unsure:

See, the thing is that I have several KWA GBBs that I have purchased in shops in the UK. They came in KWA boxes with KWA instruction sheets.

I'm willing to believe that they were NOT intended for the UK market and that they were imported by an independant wholesaler rather than through an official distributor.

None of that leads me to believe that the items are "counterfeit" though. It just means they are "grey imports".

I hope that goes some way to helping define what I mean by "counterfeit".

KWA products are build to US Spec. We cease production for US more than year ago and only limited production to OEM partner from Japan. However, these products should bear the full markings and not the blank markings that's design for US. As for the counterfeit product some of them have completely wrong marking that's shipped to US recently.

It seems strange to me with the amount of cloning going on in airsoft that someone would go to the effort of cloning KWA guns and try and sell them on as KWA. I hope this isn't an attempt to cover up some ###### poor production runs, but as it seems to be limited to older KWA guns it seems unlikely.

Why he couldn't have just posted this in the first place i don't know.

Here are a few facts about KWA products:

* KWA "version" of GBB pistols are sold ONLY in North America and are not available in other territories.

* KWA "version" of GBB pistols manufactured prior to 2009 lacks markings on slides. 2009 models are engraved with KWA logo with unique serial numbers.

* KWA "version" of "M" series GBB lacks trigger safety feature.

20090925-fuh9fyaqch6eps1xw8n1i1snt.jpg

* KWA version of "M" series GBB lacks NSN number on frame.

20090925-jpwux5tdf44...kuf5a81ae5p.jpg

* Production of the KWA version of "M" series GBB has ceased since 2007.

Here is what we have found on the counterfeit products.

* The current counterfeit products are base on discontinued U.S. models or older models.

* The counterfeit products only affects the gas blow back gun. AEG models are not affected.

* Packaging on the counterfeit products are incorrect for US distribution.

* Orange tip on counterfeit product is of incorrect color code and is a one coat process. KWA "version" is a two coating process.

20090925-pm5qn9xhibb5p5a49cy1xp9fdt.jpg

* Imperfections and poor finish on the inside of slide and material of the product.

20090925-bntnywbpxfswqbaex83g6gaub7.jpg

We will continue to update this thread when more information is available. If you have questions concerning the counterfeit product please contact KWA USA at (626) 851-1777.

I think am a little bit confused here.

Is someone cloning KWA products and stating that they are KWA products, or is it just to make sure they are bought from agreed suppliers. Or is it just to make sure you only buy up to date mdoels and that older models are faulty, yeah am confused here.

Would be nice if the OP would clarify what exactly has happened here, as the word counterfiet means (Well for mean) a copy with original trades of original manufacturer, but original manufacturer havn't made it. Or am I wrong.

Archived