G&P Elcan for just 45$

chas

Why do I have the funny feeling that G&P is going the same route they did with their EOTech replicas and just re-branding a low quality ACM optic?

Ya know, there was a time when G&P optics were considered top of the line airsoft replicas. But then again that was before the ACM invasion that made most airsofters stop caring about quality and start caring more about price. And with the low cost ACM airsoft guns came all the immature kiddies who could never afford airsoft before and... ah, fudge it. I don't know where I'm going with this anyway. :lol:

The point is that it's nice to see an Elcan replica from G&P but sad to see the price so low that it's probably a really shoddy quality ACM replica. You get what you pay for and for $45 I don't expect much out of this one.

I dont know if it's just me, but when added to the cart, there is a $20 handling fee (price is not parked, but if you go to next page, there is a terms of agreement and in red says $20 handling fee)

Not to mention it'll be a shipping quote if you decide to go on further...

And from past experiences, for US airsofters, a delayed and emailed shipping quote = high price.

Why do I have the funny feeling that G&P is going the same route they did with their EOTech replicas and just re-branding a low quality ACM optic?

Because they are low quality ACM optics. Made in the same factory, and everything.

I wanted an Elcan, but I'm unsure about buying G&P optics after the 551 crapped out on me.

Might as well just get the ACM one. It's probably identical.

Ben.

Better off checking a 'Real Steel' forum.

But yes and no. Depends on the make and what gun(caliber) its going on.

lol believe me, I tried flipping through that....over 60+ pgs mostly talking about armalites. Well not getting too specific, a replica scope should hold up with .22 right?

Well, I don't know about you guys, but here the G&P ELKEN sells for around 120 Euros. The one from war4 cost me 60 Euros including shipping with speedpost... And I ordered mine on sunday and received it wednesday morning!

So far it's holding out on my WETTI M4 and it looks really good. The only downer is the crosshair. It's slighly slant and I don't know how to correct that. But apart from that it works.

Great price, although I'm not a big fan of that scope. Machine gunners might like it for an accesory. Wake me up when there's a cheap Elcan Specter DR for sale...

I'd advise any SAW gunner to think twice before buying an Elcan.

Yes, they do look ideal for your M249 but, personally, I reckon summat like an EoTech is far better suited to spotting targets and strafing.

• 2 months later...
I'd advise any SAW gunner to think twice before buying an Elcan.

Yes, they do look ideal for your M249 but, personally, I reckon summat like an EoTech is far better suited to spotting targets and strafing.

Not to mention that Im willing to bet the elcan is much heavier than an eotech ....actually the best imo are the doctor red dot sights or the iron sights.

Archived