New precision barrels from ebaybanned

Isamu

Many new products this morning on ebaybanned, but these "all steel", "most advanced" inner barrels caught my attention, so I went to look at the description:

The material that is used to manufacture the product is pure steel, for the purpose of enhancing the strength of the barrel, and to improve the durability. Also it is perfectly compatible with the HOP bucking, and does not scratch the rubber on the bucking. Most importantly, the special design of the barrel helps the air to travel in the desired direction, drastically improves the accuracy and the distance which the ammunition travels. The company is confident that this is by far the most advanced inner barrel for AEG on the market.

Being an unknown brand, I wont take the chance on these fearing they wont be as good as "madbull" or "systema" inner barrels which, BTW, are just a bit more expensive (shipping included) and wait for some reviews or user impresions

gb03xx.jpg

What do you people think about them? ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be unfair to judge the performance without first giving them a try.

However, the description makes me chuckle:

'Pure steel'???????????? :huh:

I thought steel was the term used for a type of ferrous alloy? You know, iron with a load of other ingredients to make it more suitable for purpose.

So, PURE steel, would be a bit of an oxymoron, kind of like PURE cake, which is a mix of pure flour, pure eggs & a load of other pure ingredients.

Not very pure at all. :o

But, different regions have different interpriations. I recently had a precision engineer take a look at a Lalax 'Stainless Steel' Barrel. He asked me if I knew what it wa made of, I proudly proclaimed 'stainless steel' only to have him say "well, I ain't sure exactly what it IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it most certainly AIN'T, 'stainless steel'!" :D

Greg.

Smooth hop window which you can do yourself, but i'd wish more brands would do it factory-stock, steel, which is always good, but come on, i doubt anyone really thinks this is better then anything made by Prometheus/Systema.

pretty much all of them :huh:

I try this with all the barrels i've ever gotten just out of interest. I have a glass table so i try to roll the barrel lightly over it. They are never perfectly straight.... though i suppose it could be that they were manufactured bent rather than damaged in transit.

The ordinary whine-patrol makes its mark on news-thread..........as always.

Maybe a tryout of the new barrel is recommend before start crying!?

And state systema as a highclass barrel?....well in my world that barrel are at the lower end when it comes to tightbarrels.

I will try one of these..and maybe I will cry to?...but thats after i test it!

pretty much all of them :huh:

I try this with all the barrels i've ever gotten just out of interest. I have a glass table so i try to roll the barrel lightly over it. They are never perfectly straight.... though i suppose it could be that they were manufactured bent rather than damaged in transit.

You are dead right. That was the next thing the precision engineer did. & my pride & joy was bent! Only slightly.

So, not straight or stainless steel! Oh lalax.

Greg.

why are there 2 cuts in the barrel ? wont air escape from that ?

I don't think they are ports. They are the mounting slots, to keep it aligned, as per any aeg barrel. There is usually just one set, I don't know why the one pictured has two. (Edit, I guess kalash has just answered that. :D )

Greg.

Have to agree on the brass barrel thing too. Pretty much why the only TBB's I trust are Prometheus barrels, don't have experience with Madbulls though.

Again, I wouldn't pass judgment without first trying it.

I do like promy's & find that they perform equally as well as the madbuls.

As said, the promy material (allegedly stainless :rolleyes: ) did not in my case, guarantee a 'straight' barrel.

I have done the same roll along glass thing & the ally madbull's are usually pretty good.

Greg.

The ordinary whine-patrol makes its mark on news-thread..........as always.

Maybe a tryout of the new barrel is recommend before start crying!?

I'm not whining or crying - I know the madbull barrels i have in my AEG's are straight (I do the glass roll as a standard test, if it's not bang on i send it back), as well as being 6.03mm diameter. So even if this barrel is 100% straight with a 6.03mm bore, it's not going to be any improvement on my current barrel... I really don't see how anyone can improve on something so simple, without coming up with some sort of ingenius air seal or magic super-coating, none of which are mentioned in the barrel's blurb. I think the whole 'PURE STEEL' thing is a gimmick.

My 2 pence, anyway.

Again, I wouldn't pass judgment without first trying it.

I do like promy's & find that they perform equally as well as the madbuls.

As said, the promy material (allegedly stainless :rolleyes: ) did not in my case, guarantee a 'straight' barrel.

I have done the same roll along glass thing & the ally madbull's are usually pretty good.

Greg.

That might be why I added "don't have experience with Madbulls though." :)

Promys have been flawless in my experience, at least they haven't showed any warping visible to my eye. Your data might be more accurate, you seem to know what you are talking of. All my brass barrels (incl. Element and Systema tbbs) roll unevenly on a table, showing in some case significant warping.

Archived