Pistol loadout

Corkie121

Am I the only one who thinks that you can play airsoft using gas blow backs? I'm talking reasonably close quarters, (around 50ft or less), and using fieldcraft skills to get in close, perhaps ambushing or shot and scoot tactics.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea or not would be good.

Thanks,

Corkie

In CQB i can imagine it working really well, would depend on the situation. The woods would be alot trickier but then I think thats where the fun comes in.

Ive dumped my AEG and run up pistol only on a couple of occassions, gets the adrenalin going (reasons being battery died on a final attack or I just felt like it)

Altho in some situations a guy with a box mag will ruin your day (can when you have an AEG too tho)

It can work, but depending on your field, you really limit your tactical usefulness to your team. We had a guy in our group that liked to play with him SOCOM Mk23 alot... he would get hits... once in awhile. But you couldn't call on him to give you the only kind of cover that counts--COVERy fire. Also was very outranged and out gunned in nearly all situations, making him really a non-threat in any sort of 'pushes.' Pistols can work, but, like the original poster says, you need to rely on stealth and 'ambushes,' both which are in short supply in a lot of situations.

There is a reason why pistols are primarily defined as a 'defensive' weapon in the real world--they work when you have no other options. There are only a few pistols that fall into the 'offensive' category, and they all virtually rely on clandestine movement in order to get the drop on the target. If that is how you play--don't see why you couldn't do reasonably well with a pistol. You just ain't gonna do as well as you would with a decent AEG--firepower is firepower.

Steve

It can happen. With good tactics (mostly ambushing) it could be done in any situation. I have pulled it off with dual TM M9's (Tac Master and Chrome) in a dense woodland area before. It's good to try for practice, because then you can be very effective with your sidearm if you have a problem with your primary.

Battlepriest one of the admins over at ASF goes pistols only. And alot of people from there followed his exemple. In CQC you own of course. And in woodland you get more mobility and its more fun and tricky.

He says you need at least 175 loaded rounds to be effective with pistols. He arms himself with 2 WA GBBs if I remember correctly. Rumors are hes very effective.

For a very long time I played with nothing but dual custom Western Arms MEU Early Model M1911A1s with 8 additional magazines. Later I took out 4 magazines and replaced them with a pair of custom Airsoft Elite Tactical Master Limited Edition 5.1 Hi-Capa and an extra magazine each. Four guns is nice. It's real fricken nice. Not reloading is your friend. The added weight can be a drag, but the slackened reaction time of dropping mags and reloaded were my downfall for a long while. More guns means more weight, but I rarely reload. Plus, is there anything better than a beefy GBB in your hand wailing away on a opposing opperator that scares them first because it sounds like the world is ending? Don't think so.

Now I have an custom MP5, but still love my pistols. I hop back and forth depending on what feels right that day. I do so love my MP5 too though. heh

if your main topic was "GBB only loadout". . then I'd say. . no problem. .

My Youth Engineering MP5 SD6 can duke it out in most type of fields. . but best suited for CQB and MOUT.

But back on topic. .I remember a skirmish where we depicted the North Hollywood (LA) Bank of America robbery where two gun men toting full body armor and AKs, G3s and M16s w/ Beta mags were mowing down the LA Police and anyone else in there way. . all caught on film. I'm sure people have seen footage of the full automatic firefight. .

ANYHOW. . the scenario was this.. there were 2 bad guys that were dressed in mock-up body armor. .toting AKs w/ drum mag. . each guy had a bell strapped on top of their shoulder (the target).

Everyone else (over 100 people) played as the LAPD and could ONLY tote pistols (SAO, semi auto only) the entire game. .the goal was to shoot the bell 5 times and that would disable the AK wielding baddy.

Talk about intense!!! Swarms of us (LAPD) would fire on the 2 bad guys trying to shoot the bells . .all up until they started to release their hail off plastic spheres. . .then it was like .. "ohhh shiiiii.. ."

My favourite games are the Urban Assault night pistols/shotguns only games.

Its a chance for everyone to finally get to use their "backups" as a primary, you see a few shotguns (lol , mine recently !) but mostly it a stealthy pistols game , lots of adrenaline packed close range shoot outs inside the "west wing" though!

you see people with upto 5 GBB's each strapped on ! dual gunning is very common (though accuracy is rare) AEPs with tracer units turn up now and then, they look cool , but not usually that effective cos you can see exactly where the fire is coming from.

me for prefference, Dual Glock 19's with polished slides and a G26c for backup, although through the cold months , I really prefer the reliability of my TM 18c AEP.

Oh man, I think I need to haul my alpha-sierra-sierra over to UK. No one around here sets up pistols/shotguns only events, since kids here are so hopelessly dependant on their sewing machines...

I have an SP M4, a shell ejecting shotgun, a TMP with a stock, a CAW revolver launcher and a very nicely upgraded sig P226 that I consider as primaries.

I can dual wield the TMPs as I have 2.5 of them.

Actually the TMP is the best cqb gun I have (especially as I have 12 mags).

I have played woodland games with GBB only. It is a fun challenge but I am not firmly in either camp, I like my AEGs too.

Stunt

A pistols only player that is properly equiped, two matching guns and around 200 loaded mags can run on any field against any players and succeed. You are at a disadvantage due to the lack of fire power. But you have faster target aquisitioning. The ability to aquisition multiple targets. And far far less weight than most players. You need to weigh the advantages aginst the disadvantages. A POR player does not bunker down in hte base and try to hold off AEG's. Alot of movement opens more doors to having shooting lanes and depth of coverage. A POR player tends to be ambidexterous and shoot around both sides of cover (something most AEG players have a harder time doing because of the length of the weapon and the way most slings work.)

POR=pistol only revolution

Archived