Pistol loadout

Corkie121

lol

I agree that pistols can be useful in woodland, but to do that you need to have good coordination with your team, for effective support from guns that have range...

On a side note, I've been told once that my M3S90 was not on par with AEGs. I offered duels to the 2 guys, one at a time. Both had 350fps AEGs, and I put them out in a matter of seconds. You just need to be quick and accurate, and even a springer pistol can be of some use (andloads of fun) in skirmishes. I use my springer P7M13 as an occasional sidearm, and it has been really useful!

So, yes, anything can work, but AEGs are the best all-rounders. They require far less skills and acrobatic action...

I have a lot of fun in CQB with one of my TMPs in my left hand and my Raging Bull 8.357" barreled 8mm in my right.

Spray their heads down with the TMP and put an aimed shot COM with the 'Bull. Great fun.

Not as much fun as the CAW revolver launcher in one hand and an M1100 shotgun in the other.

Bang bang bang BOOM mwah ha ha ha BOOM.

One of my biggest recent regrets is having been away on deployment when the GOSH pistols only game at electrowerks happened.

There'll be another some time.

I will be buying a pair of WE mini 1911s that look a bit detonics-y and I just got a full sized WE 1911A1.

If I get another I can go for a last man standing type thing and when I get the two little ones I will be on for a Rourke loadout.

AEGs are practical and usefull for skirmishing but gas is so much more rewarding.

I even skirmish with a couple of gas rifles from time to time.

GBBs are just more fun, the slide action is really satisfying and they are nice and dense.

Stunt

i once tried using my 2 upgraded de's at once. didnt hit much, but was damn fun. theres a guy at our site who has a mean reputation for using his SOCOM to cane everybody up. pistols work well around the buildings, and a lot of people on the 'team' im in use them as much as possible.

one thing i think you'll notice - using pistosl as primaries will be far more common in teh UK than anywhere where there are no limits, or very high limits on AEG power, like the US. i wouldnt use a pistol if everybody was running about with 400 fps guns, but its more accessible to use pistols in the Uk due to the 328 fps limit.

I do some urban games with duel P226's and it's kick *albatross*! I do find myself being a more effective team player with AEG's though...

But when you just wanna have fun... :D

Normally I tend to use AEG's but spend half the time with it slung behind my back with my pistol out... Mmm.. USP :P

HellsAngel

I found myself using my KJ USP a lot.

Well, that is, until like all KJ's it crapped out real soon.

But by all means, GBB is a fantastic way to do things, I'd just say make sure you've got about 150 spare rounds worth of mags on you. You blow through them pretty quick.

Jack Bauer only needs a pistol

Jack always uses rifles or shotguns when up against more than about 5 people?

He's used the remington 870, M4, Ak, Mac11, MSG90, PSG1 numerous times just off the top of my head.

Now seeing as how Jack IS one of the coolest 'pistol only' users, the fact he does not say no to using more effective weapons should tell you something...

Lol.

Provided you're at a place where guns cannot be above one joule, you should be pretty well off. I'd do it, but too many people here in HK have 400+ and as a result its too hard.

Not to say that I don't use my pistol (when it worked), it was still pretty necessary as a backup.

I personally love pistols. I used them long before I actually got an aeg. I used to hang with a group in the midwest and though they laughed at first, I gradually became known as "the pistol bandit" because they are all I used. Heck, I was too broke to afford a $200ish AEG and all the gear to go with it at the time. Even now I am finishing up my MGS3 loadout, which doesn't include an aeg, just a springer shottie and a WA 1911, with a springer PPK for backup. It can work if you just have fun with it. I kinda get tired of lugging a rifle around all day, as I am a bit lazy, so pistols work well. Personally, I would love to actually get out to one of the Biohazard Zombie Events, as it is mainly all about pistols. It's sad that not too many people here in the midwest will put down their sewing machines and try something different, but what can ya do?

I'd do it, but too many people here in HK have 400+ and as a result its too hard.

We just need to get people together for <1J and/or pistol only games.

Then again, putting down overwhelming opponents with inferior weaponry feels all the better.

-Sale

I agree with Bengali, I also think taking pistol mags out of pouches and putting them back in is a pain in the :o especially when dual wielding.

But all that aside, everyone prefers to look cool than be practical!  :D

HellsAngel

Meh, a couple of holster and a couple of mag pouches for each pistol means you've got around 5 mags each, that's enough..

Then you have a dump pouch for the empty magazines, simple.

Archived