Future Weapons

Fuser

I was going to make a thread regarding a question I had about the show, but since its only in its second season I though it would be fine just to make a general thread. I don't think there's already a thread for this, but I can't use the forum's search feature on this computer.

I have a feeling that Future Weapons will eventually get some more momentum and maybe feature some cooler weapons...or maybe people already have questions or comments about the show.

Anyway, here's my original question:

In (I believe) the most recent episode, they were trying out the CheyTac M-200 Intervention Sniper System. It kind of looks like a Barret-EBR ###### child.

AM200-Heavy-Set-up.gif

I can't find many pictures from the show, but anyone who saw this episode might be able to help me. While they were testing it out, they were wearing some sort of digital camouflage. It wasn't MARPAT and it was a bit more vibrant and way more effective than ACU...kind of a mix between ACU and CADPAT. The desert they were in was very similar to the location I play at in New Mexico, and the camo was quite effective there (at least on camera). I want to buy some of it now but I don't know the name. Can anyone help out?

—Render

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 5.11 camo. I know this because I served 10 years as a SEAL sniper in the Navy SEALs. But, this show isn't about me being a SEAL sniper for 10 years. And your post isn't about me being a sniper in the elite SEAL team for 10 years. It's about camouflage. Which is not used by the SEAL teams. Which I was in. So I know.

Oh yes, because last time I checked the only thing that matters in battle is what gun you carry. Despite the fact that the vast majority of damage done in recent battles is caused by airplanes and missiles due to their nature of being much safer and more effective on our end, guns are the only thing that matters. :rolleyes:

It's called futureweapons, not futurefirearms. Weapon=anything from a missile to a lightsaber to an M4. Come to think of it, they should do a special on lightsabers. Lightsabers kick *albatross*.

That EBRrett looks very expensive to make. Something about it just screams that.

Oh yes, because last time I checked the only thing that matters in battle is what gun you carry. Despite the fact that the vast majority of damage done in recent battles is caused by airplanes and missiles due to their nature of being much safer and more effective on our end, guns are the only thing that matters. :rolleyes:

It's called futureweapons, not futurefirearms. Weapon=anything from a missile to a lightsaber to an M4. Come to think of it, they should do a special on lightsabers. Lightsabers kick *albatross*.

That EBRrett looks very expensive to make. Something about it just screams that.

And not the .pdf on CheyTac's website showing the prices of their rifles, including the CheyTac M-200 version marketted for civilians, which happens to have an MSRP of $13,795USD?

Anyone notice so many things wrong with that KRISS submachine gun episode.

Mack claimed that the KRISS was the most easily controllable .45ACP SMG, and showed footage of a tiny lady firing a UMP45, and throwing the thing all over the place. If you watch a buffer guy, or a professional shooting a UMP45, it doesn't bounce around at all. It's like they were overexaggerating the recoil.

They also pulled smoke and mirrors on the 9mm versus .45 issue (I'm not going into ballistics). He shot the torso of a metal popper target with a 9mm, and it barely budged. He then shot the head of the same popper target with the .45, and claimed it had greater stopping power.

Yeah--the placement of the shot gave more leverage and made it look like it had more stopping power.

Remember that auto-shotgun that never needed cleaning and never jammed? In one of the high-speed shots of the bolt, showed a jam, but cut it off after a split second.

And what the hell was up with the dubbed sounds when he was shooting the HK416?!

Yeah most guns on that show are dubbed. Like the 50 cal they made quieter and the HK416 does not sound like it should due to an M4 length gun is louder than what is shown due to the excess powder burning outside the barrel.

On the whole KRISS thing, I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that he placed the shots differently.

Yeah most guns on that show are dubbed. Like the 50 cal they made quieter and the HK416 does not sound like it should due to an M4 length gun is louder than what is shown due to the excess powder burning outside the barrel.

On the whole KRISS thing, I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that he placed the shots differently.

Ya i noticed he placed the shots differently too.

Does anyone else think its hilarious how he talks?

I am not sure if this is what he says but, he says it like, really serious haha

like,

"THIS IS ONE, SPECIAL WEAPON!" and his eyes are all serious and looks like hes all ###### off haha

I'm just waiting for the day hell snap and run to the camera...

"EXTREME!!!!!!!!"

He just has that Vin Diesell thing.

My only problem with future weapons is he seems to do way to many episodes about .50 cal sniper rifles. Yes I get it, "*goes into extreme face* The Barret .50 cal can hit a man from over 2 MILES AWAY!", you've said it enough times already. I like it when he does assault rifles though, the 416 episode was good. Wish he'd do one on the G36, that would be nice.

Directed energy guns or whatever? They were running out of ideas.

If they've already done the 416, I doubt they'd do a G36...IMO the 416 is much more advanced in terms of versatility.

The only thing I really hope for is a well done parody of the show...it would be too easy.

Just watched the 416 bit. I thought all guns could fire at any angle? Thats the cleanest sand Ive ever seen. And wow, a gun will explode if you fire it when wet!

That means all those videos of special forces firing every other gun Ive seen right after being submerged (P90, G36, M4, MP5) were faked? :lol:

That guy is a maroon.

i haven't seen the video, but i do know that the Cheytac Intervention M200 is an EVIL rifle of doom. it holds the record for the best group at long range.

16 inch group at 2,321 yards!

Also, it pierces steel much better than the .50 BMG

cheytac650steel.JPG

Archived